EB Games: Fallout New Vegas - $29.99 Pre-Order (YMMV?)

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I just saw a post on RFD by Avenger saying that Fallout New Vegas was at $29.99 in their systems. I believe policy is that if you pay off a game in full, you'll get it for that price regardless of price changes later. The poster in question received that same confirmation at his store.

I checked GameStop USA and their website lists the game at $59.99. I also believe it's a full game and not an expansion so it will be most likely $69.99 on release.

I think it's worth it to pre-order in full now. You can always cancel later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firestorm, I can't find the RFD thread in question. Was it not posted under "Games"??? (hate when people do that)

Preorder is a suggested price. So if it is a mistake, when the price goes up EB will want the rest of the money.

An EBgames clerk once told me to not do a Trade 3 for God of War III since it was 59.99 in their system and I'd have to pay an extra 10 bucks if it became 69.99 at launch (since the receipt would say the Trade 3 only covers 59.99). So I guess it's not really worth it to pre-order it at a lower price. That said, if you pay more for your pre-order than what it costs the day it comes out, they will give you back the difference. That's been the case for MW2.

[quote name='matsam']An EBgames clerk once told me to not do a Trade 3 for God of War III since it was 59.99 in their system and I'd have to pay an extra 10 bucks if it became 69.99 at launch (since the receipt would say the Trade 3 only covers 59.99). So I guess it's not really worth it to pre-order it at a lower price. That said, if you pay more for your pre-order than what it costs the day it comes out, they will give you back the difference. That's been the case for MW2.[/QUOTE]

on a trade 3 they should not ask for any money as your three games are increased in value to match the price of the game you want, I have never had a problem at my eb when they try and get the extra money

[quote name='Encrypt']on a trade 3 they should not ask for any money as your three games are increased in value to match the price of the game you want, I have never had a problem at my eb when they try and get the extra money[/QUOTE]

I guess that's YMMV, but I was only saying that to prove they don't have a strict policy on price protection, as I highly doubt anyone would do a Trade 3 for a 29.99 game. :p

[quote name='matsam']An EBgames clerk once told me to not do a Trade 3 for God of War III since it was 59.99 in their system and I'd have to pay an extra 10 bucks if it became 69.99 at launch (since the receipt would say the Trade 3 only covers 59.99). So I guess it's not really worth it to pre-order it at a lower price. That said, if you pay more for your pre-order than what it costs the day it comes out, they will give you back the difference. That's been the case for MW2.[/QUOTE]

I just did a T3 for God of War 3 the other day and myself along with the CSR thought it was weird that GOW3 was $59.99 and not 69.99, that would suck if I had to pay an extra $10 the day it comes out, I was thinking about switching my pre-order to a different game anyways since GOW3 doesnt come out until mid march

Sony first party games are $59.99. That's why God of War III and Uncharted 2 are $59.99. I'd expect Gran Turismo 5 to be $59.99 when it comes out too although it does say $69.99 right now.

I'll have to post back closer to release. It was the manager who told me I should pay it all now since I will get it for $29 if the price does go up, which it will. Told me the PS3 price was also $29 at the moment. Obviously a price holder/error.

If I do get it for that I will be happy. I know I have saved $10~ or so on other games for preordering really early in the past, but maybe they will go outside their policy sine that is a lot less than $30~.

I've worked for Gamestop and have shopped there for a while. You WILL have to make up the difference. This isn't Amazon, and both the date of release and price are subject to change.

Pre-orders are not a completed sale and is store credit with the intent of you being ensured a copy on the day it comes in (unless they get shorted that is.) A good example of the logic are midnight releases, which if you haven't attended one before, requires you to complete the sale on pickup.

If the system says 29.99 now and it changes to 59.99 later, the system doesn't have record of you completing the purchase, just putting 29.99 on the price.

Worse comes to worse, Gamestop can just cancel the in store barcode for the game and reprice a new one.

With that said, I love Amazon. They honor mistakes like this! I don't know of any B&M that would do this tho, ever.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hm, worth trying out. Although, I guess I'll have to beat Fallout 3 before I start playing the expansion heh.[/QUOTE]

It's not an expansion, it's a new, stand-alone game.

[quote name='neksus']It's not an expansion, it's a new, stand-alone game.[/QUOTE]

Ah icic! Oh also neksus, I haven't tried out the XBL Code yet, I'm sure I'll get around to it today, and I'm hoping the funds will be put into my Paypal account quite shortly!

Hey guys this is probably one of those times where EB WILL be asking for the rest of the monies. Of course that won't stop me from going to an EB and trying to get a deposit down.

It used to be where if you did pay off a game in full, they honored it regardless of price going up. Of course ever since GS took over EB, they changed that so that you have to pay the price of the game on it's release.

bread's done
Back