GameDealDaily.com - Borderlands (360) $39.95

This is one game that I didnt mind paying $60 for on release day, I've beat the game 3 times and still am playing it. Excellent game IMO!

Urk, whats the likely hood of seeing another deal on this within the next 2 months? I really want the game, but $40 is still a bit much for me at the moment. (Christmas LOL)

I'm sure in the next 2 months, amazon will have it for $40 or less. The price point I set for myself for this game was $40, and since it's now hit, I'm picking it up.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Urk, whats the likely hood of seeing another deal on this within the next 2 months? I really want the game, but $40 is still a bit much for me at the moment. (Christmas LOL)[/QUOTE]

The game will only go down in price. Also: consider that two DLC packs (@$10 ea.) have already been released. My guess is around the Holidays 2010 we'll see Borderlands "Game of the Year" edition with all DLC and the game. So vanilla Borderlands will drop.

With all of that being said...such an awesome game. Bought it off my bro for $25 used. :cool:

EDIT:

What kind of condition are these used games from gamedealdaily.com in? It says "like new" - but what does that mean to them? Are they excellent-near mint?

[quote name='Brother Daz']This is one game that I didnt mind paying $60 for on release day, I've beat the game 3 times and still am playing it. Excellent game IMO![/QUOTE]

I've beat it twice by myself, and I've played through it with maybe about 5 - 6 other people fully. I also did Zombie Ned's DLC, and just started helping a few friends do that one as well, and also tried out Mad Moxxi (which is fun in short bursts; so long as you do one "dome" and then go back later to do another).

Borderlands is still one of my favorite games of 2009, and depsite beating it so many times, and getting 1,150 / 1,150 (until the new DLC came out an ruined that), I'm still playing it non-stop. Such an amazing game, and it never gets old.. even at Level 50.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']What kind of condition are these used games from gamedealdaily.com in? It says "like new" - but what does that mean to them? Are they excellent-near mint?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well, I am most likely going to bite. I would right now but I'm at work and that site is blocked for me, gotta wait til I get home

I've gotten 3-4 used games off them and all were in excellent condition, no scratches or chips that I could see, and all played perfectly.

^Thanks Wezzul. I hadn't thought of what shipping costs would be from this site, again I can't check til I get home. I have a feeling that a used copy from ebay may save you a little bit though, I've been watching auctions for the past few weeks and they go anywhere between $42-$52 with shipping.

Just throwing this out there:

GoHastings.com has 9 used copies currently in stock, with the B2G1 free sale, you can get 3 copies of Borderlands for $97 shipped plus tax. That puts it in the $36 shipped & reshipped range if purchased in CAG teams.

[quote name='Kerig']Just throwing this out there:

GoHastings.com has 9 used copies currently in stock, with the B2G1 free sale, you can get 3 copies of Borderlands for $97 shipped plus tax. That puts it in the $36 shipped & reshipped range if purchased in CAG teams.[/QUOTE]

I'm down for this plan if a group is being formed

Definitely worth it. I wasn't a huge FPS fan (much prefer RPG games) but Borderlands changed it for me. Still in my first play-through. I read about the cheating going online though with people ruining it with modded weapons, so the online part is the only thing in this game that is lacking at the moment.

[quote name='Kerig']Just throwing this out there:

GoHastings.com has 9 used copies currently in stock, with the B2G1 free sale, you can get 3 copies of Borderlands for $97 shipped plus tax. That puts it in the $36 shipped & reshipped range if purchased in CAG teams.[/QUOTE]

Do you want to start it?

[quote name='gbpackers94']Do you want to start it?[/QUOTE]

I sent Kerig a PM, if he doesn't want to be the host then I will. there's currently 4 people interested including (in order of post):

Kerig
me
gbpackers94
japanarchy

so that is enough for 1 group, as long as the first 3 are interested. awaiting for Kerig's response, I'm not sure if he was actually interested in doing this or if he was just giving us a heads up. I'll update soon

[quote name='gryphter']I sent Kerig a PM, if he doesn't want to be the host then I will. there's currently 4 people interested including (in order of post)[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I'm glad there's 4 total so I don't get tempted by this. It has to be multiples of three. You three should definitely do it. GoHastings will treat you well, I trust them 100x more than GameDealDaily.

If any game is worth $30+, it's Borderlands, but personally I can't justify spending more than $20 real cash on a game when I'm still playing Bioshock for the first time and have 20+ other games that I've barely touched.

Thanks Kerig, I understand what you mean, I have a backlog of 8 games as it is, I envy you for having the will power :)

gbpackers94, japanarchy, I'm sending you a PM requesting your email addresses, we'll finish this through email (so that we don't get yelled at for doing this in the GDD thread)

I ordered two copies of Borderlands through this deal and they don't seemed to be shipped yet. Anyone who ordered actually get their copy??

I can't believe I kept missing this thread. I've been looking for Borderlands for a while now. Got in on the gohastings order with 3 friends of mine. Last time GoHastings screwed me and never sent me my $1 game and offered me only a $1 refund. I'm hoping for better results this time!

Regarding the condition...I bought from them a few years ago, got Fatal Frame 2, said Like New as well, but I was really disappointed. I mean I may be nitpicking, but it was in the blockbuster used game case, with the crappy film protection over it, and it didn't even have a manual. The disc was also scratched, but thank god it still played. For forty bucks, I mean I know the game was rare, but I saw it at my local Gamecrazy a month after for $20 used, and was kind of upset...

Then again, this was two years ago, so it might've changed. I would love if they had a bigger selection though.

Drfiel you said DW 6 was dropped off during the weekend, what kind of shipping is this? I paid last monday and still nothing received up to this Thursday

I got this yesterday for the ps3 and am really enjoying it. I hadn't really heard much about it and it was kinda like a blind purchase but I like it so far. Gotta try the online portion but this game is definately worth the $40 purchase and if you have it for ps3 then you can share the dlc so it's even a better deal.

[quote name='coldwine']Sold out, but -- waaaay too pricey, IMHO. New for $40 upcoming soon.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is why I skipped on it. Borderlands should be nearing a price drop and I was hoping for an announcement of a GOTY type thing coming out some time.

[quote name='life.exe']Yep, that is why I skipped on it. Borderlands should be nearing a price drop and I was hoping for an announcement of a GOTY type thing coming out some time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is where I am as well. Although I'm kind of torn on the GOTY - I much prefer buying games in that format, with the DLC on a disc, but it means waiting even longer for this game.

I really wanted this game but i gonna have to skip it. their just to many dlc coming out for this game so im just gonna wait for them to make goty edition for this game.

bread's done
Back