Best Online Game Retailer 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Best Online Retailer.
This award goes to the best overall online video game retailer in 2009.

Last year's winner:
bestonline.png

It's officially a dynasty for Amazon, who, for the last three years, has won the Best Online Retailer and Best Online Customer Service awards and has made it two in a row for Best Online Deal. Amazon's Best Online Retailer win is the biggest landslide in this year's Cheapy Awards, taking 83% of the vote. In response to their impressive victories, the Amazon Video Game Team has provided this statement:

"It’s an honor and a privilege to win the Cheapy Awards for Best Online Game Retailer, Best Online Customer Service and Best Online Deal. We’ve spent the last few years really focusing on creating a high-quality customer experience on Amazon.com for gamers and we’re thrilled to be honored by the community for our efforts. In the last year we launched the Release Date Delivery program (get the game the day it comes out), expanded the Amazon Gold Box to have game-themed days, and really focused our efforts on ensuring amazing deals for the Video Game Deal of the Day program. We’ve got more exciting things planned for 2009, but above all we will remain laser-focused on providing great deals for all gamers! Cheers."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's hard not to nominate Amazon. They are just so damn good...

AMAZON for the win!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon, hands down. Although Steam sucked a great amount of money from my bank account, they just couldn't pull off the sales and preorder bonuses that Amazon did all year long.

Long live the Amazon Dynasty!

My vote goes to Amazon as well. Though there were better price deals last year, the overall deals this year and well through the holidays at Amazon were still great. They were quick to price match other retailer's deals which kept me on my toes, and the trade-in promos for extra Amazon credit were icing on the cake.

Amazon. Too many promotional codes to mention, excellent customer service, fast shipping (free Prime trials), pre-orders always cheaper, price-matching every retailer, eca discounts.
Hardly a reason to buy elsewhere.

bread's done
Back