Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Brick & Mortar Deal of the Year.
This award goes to the single best specific B&M (physical store) deal or sale of 2009.

Last year's winner:
Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year: Toy R Us: Buy 2, Get 1 Free Games

Just like last year, Toys R Us came in first and second in the Brick & Mortar Deal / Sale of the Year category. Their famous Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale provides a sizable discount and a lot of options, which made it a popular selection for voting CAGs. This is the first year that Toys R Us' Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale has won this award.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing beats a free game, so I would say Best Buy's X-Blades and Fairytale Fights fiasco. More glitches in 2010, please, but limit them to 1-per game per RZ account. I only want the free games to play for myself!!!

I don't know if it has to be video game related or not but my nomination is for:

Up!/Monster Inc on Blu-Ray together for ~$12 with coupons at Target

[quote name='polishpride212']EDIT

Best Buy free games.

Although the games were crap, the TiVs were universally high, allowing for trades up to $20 in credit per game.[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to second this one. Thank you free $80 GS credit for Fairytale Fights.

[quote name='polishpride212']EDIT

Best Buy free games.

Although the games were crap, the TiVs were universally high, allowing for trades up to $20 in credit per game.[/QUOTE]

^^^^This.

The $200 (with $100 GC) Xbox 360 Arcade from Wal-Mart.

I was finally able to replace my old Pro console for a quiet (and HDMI equipped) console, for cheap!

Easily, the HWV $5 for used games priced at $29.99 & under was the best deal of the year. Will probably be the best deal on scoring cheap video games ever (unless you get lucky at some Sears store). Whether you bought the games to trade in or simply to play there is no topping this deal in my book. This especially deserves to win based on how long it lasted overall. Dying off in the summer and then coming back to close off the end of the year in a bang.

Gamestop's trade in 3 games to get Fight Night Round 4

This worked out pretty well for me since I picked up some cheap games from blockbuster's B2G1 free sale + the gift receipt helped things out a bit

Target's buy anything xbox 360 related coupon deal, convince the cashier that whatever you picked it considered "hardware" and get a free 1600 ms points card.

[quote name='62t']Hollywood Video $5 used games[/QUOTE]

+1. I bought 10 games at $5 each then traded them in to amazon.com for a total of $143. Took care of almost ALL of my holiday shopping! :)

[quote name='elessar123']Hollywood Video $5 sale gets my vote, since I didn't get in on the BBY stuff[/QUOTE]

I second this one for sure. I don't think the Best Buy glitches should count as they weren't actual deals - just exploits. The HWV sale was an honest-to-goodness incredible deal. The fact that it ran for several weeks (in the summer and again at the end of the year) makes it even better. I got a ton of complete near mint 360/PS3/Wii games for $4.99 each - can't beat that (in a legitimate deal anyway ;)).

My second choice would be all the Target coupons this year. Didn't we have a long-running $10 off games coupon in the Spring, or was that the year before? In any case, there was the $10 off two games coupon in the Fall which worked on clearance games, making $4.98 games free. Then there was the one mentioned above for the free MS Points card (which did not require an override when used with a game). One could argue that that was a glitch, too, so by itself I wouldn't nominate it, but there were the other definitely legit coupons too.

Xbox 360 for $200 with $100 gift card from Walmart and then Amazon. I guess Walmart wil have to take credit because they initiated it

No nominations for Walmart Wii deal for Wii and $50 dollar gift card after Wii price drop to $200? This deal finally convinced me to get a Wii.

Also, Gamestop (yeah I know.....)????????? for $20 trade in on any listed game which included games that could be had via other deals for cheap or free and very cheap new games on Wii, PS3, and XBOX (some as low as $5).

I was going to say the free BBY reward zone games (but they were mostly garbage) however, the $10 game blowout BBY did was awesome.

I would also nominate the $5 HWV new game sale, which was ridiculously great since it included several games less than a month old.

Any brick and mortar deal? Target $5 off any blu-ray coupon. Video game deal, I'd probably have to say the Best Buy B2G1.

bread's done
Back