Best Game Trading Website 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please cast your votes for Best Game Trading Website.
What was your favorite game trading website in 2009?

Thanks, but CAG is not eligible for this award.

Last year's winner
Best Game Trading Website: Goozex.com

This is the second year of existence of the Best Game Trading Website award, and the second time Goozex has won it. Goozex's landslide victory was just slightly behind Amazon's, for the biggest win of this year's Cheapy Awards.

Instead of swapping directly with other users, Goozex traders mail out their games for Goozex Points, and then use those points to get other games from other Goozex users. The CAG community really enjoys this interesting take on game trading as a way to derive great value from their used games.

Goozex's crew recorded this acceptance video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq9pRjC_4pA

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to say Goozex, but I give full credit to Amazon this year. When they launched their service, AMAZING deals. Thanks to a fair trade in value and the $75 console credit, I walked away with a PS3 Slim for about $100.

EDIT: I misread the category. Goozex for this one, Amazon qualifies under the next category.

Goozex has become the gold standard and I don't expect it to change. It's become to video game trading to what iTunes is to online music purchases, Amazon is to general online shopping, and what Netflix is to DVD rentals.

Goozex has gotten me to clear out about a dozen games and DVDs I knew I'd never watch/play again and pick up some older classics from the last generation to catch up on.

Is there any reason why people don't at least mention GameTZ?
I'm wondering if it's because people have never heard of it or if it's just that people don't like it for some reason (What is there to hate about free trading?)

bread's done
Back