Best Game Value 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Best Game Value 2009.
What game was released in 2009 that was most worthy of its full retail price?
Last year's winner
Best Game Value: Burnout Paradise

Who would have guessed that an EA published game would have picked up the Best Game Value two years in a row?
Criterion Games, the developers of Burnout Paradise, have put forth great effort in supporting their game, releasing a lot of new (and free) content, which significantly improved their title. The Burnout Team thanked the CAGs for the award and added, "Burnout Paradise is a recession busting game and the perfect antidote to the credit crunch." Currently priced new at $19.99, I think Criterion might be right.

A very honorable mention to Fallout 3, who finished a very close second.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second Disgaea 2 on the PSP. So many hours spent on it for a mere $29.99 (the UMD is still in my PSP today!)

I'm going with the dark horse -- Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for 360 and PS3 (now just $20!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Seconded Sonic's Ultimate Collection. Eliminated the use of buying some sega games individually and plus Its mostly ever sega classic released on one disc.

Fallout 3: GOTY (even though I didn't buy it as I had all the DLC on PC already).

All the DLC really added many more hours for me personally. GTA IV's EFLC comes close, but just not long enough.

Fallout 3 GOTY and only because your getting the DLC along with the original game. If GTA had done this, it would have easily been the better value.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP)
Payed $30 for that game and sunk tons of fun-filled hours into that game; and that was without ever touching multiplayer.

Runner Up:
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
Even already owning and having beaten each of the games in this trilogy when they came out, I still got this game on release and have enjoyed replaying the truly amazing series; I've never gotten three games I loved that much on the same disc for the price of a single game.

I haven't even played Metroid Prime Trilogy, but getting the first two great games plus the third for $20 at BB was an amazing deal. Also a close second to Fallout GOTY.

bread's done
Back