Worst B&M Game Retailer 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Worst Brick & Mortar Retailer.
This award goes to the worst overall B&M (physical store) video game retailer in 2009.

Last year's winner:
Worst B&M Game Retailer: EB Games / GameStop

It's also three years in a row for GameStop, who have been monopolizing the Worst Online Game Retailer and Worst B&M Game Retailer "awards". Hopefully the rumors that online used game listings will soon state if case and manuals are included, turn out to be true. Given that the company is doing so well financially, I doubt we will see many other changes that would impress CAGs. Here's hoping that GameStop can get back on the CAGs good side, sooner rather than later.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop. While they had some really great trade deals this year, they failed for me in the sales department. I rarely went there looking for a deal.

Gamestop is not for deals. That's like going to Virgin Megastore or Barnes and Noble and trying to find a CD for $10 or a Blu-ray for $15. As simple as that.

Can't see why GameStop should be getting this "award". Sure, they have reasons to be disliked, but they are far from the WORST B&M retailer.

My vote goes to Kmart, who, despite having electronics in their weekly ad, rarely EVER have a decent video game deal.

GameStop. Plenty of B&M's fall short on delivering the deals, but GS made you regret you wasted the gas everytime you visited.

[quote name='fizzywix']Can't see why GameStop should be getting this "award". Sure, they have reasons to be disliked, but they are far from the WORST B&M retailer.

My vote goes to Kmart, who, despite having electronics in their weekly ad, rarely EVER have a decent video game deal.[/QUOTE]

I got LittleBigPlanet (PSP) and Gran Turismo (PSP) for $9.99 at K-Mart. They also have had some decent clearance sales in 2009.

...My nomination goes to Gamestop. They are just too awesome at sucking.

Good ol' GameStop, simply for giving us "new" games that are unwrapped, opened, and sometimes gutted. That's not "new", and the prices should reflect that.

Gamestop, annoying workers who don't know jack shit about gaming. Also every gamestop I go into has little 6-10 year olds running around screaming and their parents buying them shitty licensed games that should be buried like ET.

GameStop. Never went in looking for a deal, and when I did go in (to pick up a game Amazon didn't get it on time), I was practically harassed to preorder it for the next day (as they didn't get it either).

But mainly because it was the only retailer I've never actually wanted to go into.

Gamestop is gonna get this one again this year.

I vote TRU. They have had some great deals, but I usually have a hassle with the local TRU on them.

GameStop because they never have a good sale on new games. I think their only sale on new games was taking off $5-$10 MSRP during Black Friday.

Game Stop no question.Their employees should be replace by machines.Makes for a better shopping experience.

GameCrazy.

When they told me they wouldn't price match GS's TIV's they lost me as a customer for life. Ironically, in 09 I had good experiences with GS.

GameCrazy due to their employees. At least in the area where I'm from, the GS employees don't barrage me to put money down on preorders, game warranties, and whatever memberships they have. I hate buying things from GC because of how many times I have to say no to this crap.

Edit: Forgot about Wal-Mart.

This is award is going to Gamestop though because CAGs love to cry about them at every opportunity.

Last edited:
FYE, because they still think $30 for a used copy of Metroid Prime II, along with many original Xbox games are bargains

LMAO @ all of the people bitching bout other retailers just so those stores get votes to detract from the obvious winner(or is that loser?) of this category....

Gamestop gets my nod for this category, even though they have had some pretty exploitable trade deals this year.

Bah, Gamestop is my vote for best - for their trade-in deals and convenient locations alone.

My choice for this award this year just like every year before is Walmart: $xx.97 pricing (ie, 2 cents off) marketed as some sort of "deal", never having sales, having completely YMMV clearance pricing, and having the worst shopping environment this side of 7-Eleven.

FYE
Horrible, old, and outdated prices makes me wonder if they know what a universal price drop is. Trade in credit for used games are the only saving grace for FYE, which means nothing when goods are overpriced.

I'm going to have to go with Sears. Rarely do they have anything on sale but their everyday prices are higher than msrp on accessories and point cards.

bread's done
Back