CAG Community Award 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for the CAG Community Award 2009.
Which CAG, through his or her actions and contributions, best served the CAG community and exemplified it's ideals in 2009.

Last year's winner
CAG Community Award: speedy1961

In case you were not aware, speedy1961 is famous for providing the CAG community with the heads up on each week's Sunday ads. It's a bittersweet victory for speedy1961, who picks up these awards for the 2nd straight year, but has lost his job which provided him (and us) with a sneak peak at the ads.

In honor of his contributions to CAG, starting next year the CAG Deal Buster award will be known as the Speedy1961 Deal Buster award.

Upon learning the news, speedy responded with this statement:
"This is definitely the best news that I've had this year. It certainly caps a tumultuous year in my personal life; a year that saw me attain and surpass a number of personal goals only to be laid off from my main source of employment.

(My weekly postings at CheapAssGamer.com & DVDTalk were ALWAYS a labor of love and a secret
35C
source of pride.)

I will always treasure these awards and they will always stand as a reminder of all the good times and great people that I met and conversed with at CAG. I really miss interacting with all of you every week.

I'd to thank CheapyD, Wombat, all of my CAG moderator friends (Shrike4242, LinkinPrime & Trakan) and of course all of the CAG members who read, contributed to and benefited from my weekly postings. I miss you all and am honored to receive these awards AND to have one renamed after my efforts. May God bless you all and please make 2009 a great year for you and yours."

Last edited by a moderator:
i gotta give it to earvcunanan for maintaining the GameCrazy thread, especially during that fiasco where they were closing a ton of stores down.

I don't know where else to nominate this, but everyone that donated to Child's Play and came through so CAG can reach the 40k at the last day.

I have to put in nominations for the following:

jp0213 for the obvious job of keeping the GS threads up to date, plus putting them into the CAG database. Huge props to him for that.
fidodido for the Fry's threads he keeps up to date and posting, even though some of us CAGs aren't lucky enough to have a Fry's on-hand.
io for his work on both the Blockbuster/GameRush threads and the KMart Clearance threads.
earvcunanan for his work on the GC thread.
Friend of Sonic for the Target Clearance threads.

Have to second this one as well:
[quote name='arcane93']I nominate Reira and Simmias for organizing and sending the big CAG cancellation box to the ECA.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='arcane93']I nominate Reira and Simmias for organizing and sending the big CAG cancellation box to the ECA.[/QUOTE]

yeah ill third this one even though i nominated jp and marten. Infact these two go top of my list. I cant believe i forgot about them. They get my utmost gratitude for making that list. Without them, my membership would have never gotten canceled. Shame on me.

CAG Cancellation- Reira and Simmias

FriskyTanuki for his various work around the board, especially in the PS3 section.

Wolve11 for sacrificing so much for us and serving multiple deployments in Iraq at great personal risk to himself and his family.

Wolve11, for his selflessness. Him, along with so many others are putting their lives at risk in Iraq and abroad, so how can you not nominate him for the Community award. Without people like him defending our country, there may not be any internet or atleast the ability to use it to bitch and moan about things we don't like and disagree with.

That is why I nominate Wolve11. Fighting for our right to Party, Play games, and Live!

A lot of these nominations should go in the deal buster thread.

My nomination is for Wolve11 because he didn't kill me for sending him an old box of Teddy Grahams.

Megazell, hell of a new member.

There are other free PC games lists out there, but his has a little extra input put into the ones he's spent some time with, always some sort of input for each game, and it seems to be a collection of most free PC games lists out there.

I don't visit many boards other than off-topic and PC, and he's helping to make the PC forum a place for something other than "HEY GUYS HOW IS MY PC BUILD, I'M NEW TO PC'S WILL THIS POWER SUPPLY PLUG INTO MY ASSHOLE!?!?!?" threads.

Princess Zelda

this CAG user kept the canadian forums alive with all the flyers he/she found out about and posted really quickly

bread's done
Back