Speedy1961 Deal Buster Award 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for the Speedy1961 Deal Buster Award. Which CAG shared the best/most deals in 2009?

Last year's winner
CAG Deal Buster: speedy1961

In case you were not aware, speedy1961 is famous for providing the CAG community with the heads up on each week's Sunday ads. It's a bittersweet victory for speedy1961, who picks up these awards for the 2nd straight year, but has lost his job which provided him (and us) with a sneak peak at the ads.

In honor of his contributions to CAG, starting next year the CAG Deal Buster award will be known as the Speedy1961 Deal Buster award.

Upon learning the news, speedy responded with this statement:
"This is definitely the best news that I've had this year. It certainly caps a tumultuous year in my personal life; a year that saw me attain and surpass a number of personal goals only to be laid off from my main source of employment.

(My weekly postings at CheapAssGamer.com & DVDTalk were ALWAYS a labor of love and a secret
35C
source of pride.)

I will always treasure these awards and they will always stand as a reminder of all the good times and great people that I met and conversed with at CAG. I really miss interacting with all of you every week.

I'd to thank CheapyD, Wombat, all of my CAG moderator friends (Shrike4242, LinkinPrime & Trakan) and of course all of the CAG members who read, contributed to and benefited from my weekly postings. I miss you all and am honored to receive these awards AND to have one renamed after my efforts. May God bless you all and please make 2009 a great year for you and yours."

Last edited by a moderator:
I nominate Scorch. I live very close to a Gamecrazy, so when he throws up a deal (typically well before it hits the streets), I always get to be the first to take advantage of it.

Thanks!

Hm, hard to decide for last year. So many nominees for this category. I guess I'll have to say Scorch. Even during the downsizing fiasco, Scorch was still contributing with deals and so on for GC.

kaydigi (kmart) definitely. she is always very helpful for even non-video game kmart stuff as well, and always on the ball.

I'd like to nominate Fidodido- He consolidates the weekly Fry's deals, as regular as the postman, and updates them with every new flyer. He has saved me countless dollars with the Fry's deals and PMs from them.

Also going to have to go with Fidodido, I refuse to buy the paper so that thread every week lets me know if I should go to Frys or not.

JP0213 for his early Gamestop Ad Threads while also maintaining GS TIV's & Frisky for his What's in the PS Store thread.

[quote name='J7.']JP0213 for his early Gamestop Ad Threads while also maintaining GS TIV's & Frisky for his What's in the PS Store thread.[/QUOTE]

agree

bread's done
Back