Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
FREE release date delivery too. (I have prime and got release date delivery for free)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ALokenauth']Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

Link [amazon.com]

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough[/QUOTE]

I LOVE this game so far, i'm 45 hours into it. However, I sense that the haters will gather very soon...

Awesome - and just like my Mass Effect 2 preorder, even though I did them months ago, I should still get the lower price and the bonus credit.

The only dilemma this puts me in is that the CE's (if there even is one for FF XIII) usually don't get the discount or bonus credit. I stuck with the regular ME 2 because of that (ended up being a $23 difference as a result).

These deals are even sweeter given that I used the $30 trade-in promo credits + ECA discount to reserve them initially. Factoring in the $10 credit that makes each game around $10.

I had this ordered months ago, and now that I notice they have release date delivery, I cancelled and re ordered to change.

Silly that you can change shipping speed to anything BUT release date delivery after the order is made.

[quote name='ricshos']I LOVE this game so far, i'm 45 hours into it. However, I sense that the haters will gather very soon...[/QUOTE]

Your playing the Japanese version?

[quote name='ALokenauth']Your playing the Japanese version?[/QUOTE]

yup, i imported that sucker...:lol:

Ugh, pretty sure US is getting a SE/CE since Europe and Japan are getting one. I'm gonna get this one anyway, but cancel it if a CE version is announced.

[quote name='ricshos']yup, i imported that sucker...:lol:[/QUOTE]
Is the blu-ray region free and does it have English subs?

[quote name='dino88']Is the blu-ray region free and does it have English subs?[/QUOTE]

All PS3 games are region-free, my friend! :D
However, the game only has Japanese dub/sub...

[quote name='ricshos']All PS3 games are region-free, my friend! :D
However, the game only has Japanese dub/sub...[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. That may come into play as I'll be out of the country soon.
Too bad there's no subs, I don't think I can learn Japanese in the time it takes to ship.

[quote name='dino88']That's good to know. That may come into play as I'll be out of the country soon.
Too bad there's no subs, I don't think I can learn Japanese in the time it takes to ship.[/QUOTE]

Even if you don't know Japanese, the game itself is not very hard to undestand. If you've played an JRPG before, you can pretty much get the hang of it easily. The only part that you WILL be lost on is the story...

[quote name='ricshos']Even if you don't know Japanese, the game itself is not very hard to undestand. If you've played an JRPG before, you can pretty much get the hang of it easily. The only part that you WILL be lost on is the story...[/QUOTE]
:lol: But that's the most important part of a Final Fantasy game. I'll just wait, thanks.

Now I'm wondering if I should keep my play-asia pre-order. I'm in Japan, so play-asia would get me the game faster, but I could get release date delivery to my address in America and have someone ship it to me. I don't know what to do...

[quote name='anthony0187']i want to preorder now but im not sure what the differences will be between the ps3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

only thing I keep seeing people reference is how many disks each system will use. graphics and such, that remains to be seen. haven't heard any other differences

I would say lock in a pre-order for BOTH, now, if you're on the fence. Cancel one closer to release(or both, if you're really unsure of the differences or the game itself). Better to make sure you get the 3$ price cut and video game credit now than to mull over the decision to miss out. You can always cancel by simply going into your orders and clicking a couple of times, no e-mails or phone calls, amazon is easy.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']only thing I keep seeing people reference is how many disks each system will use. graphics and such, that remains to be seen. haven't heard any other differences[/QUOTE]

No, there is a confirmed difference between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions for video and audio too. Square Enix confirmed that the Xbox 360 version will have compressed video and audio, while PS3 will have lossless audio and 1080p cutscenes.

Source here: http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/ps3xbox-360-final-fantasy-xiii-differences-confirmed--758.htmlhttp://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2009/12/09/final-fantasy-xiii-ps3-and-360-differences-announced.html

[quote name='anthony0187']i want to preorder now but im not sure what the differences will be between the ps3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

I will say that the PS3 has almost no load times whatsoever with no mandatory installs. Seems like the game utilizes an on-the-fly install method to reduce the very little loading (like maybe a total of 15 seconds of load time in hours of play) in the game.

[quote name='ricshos']All PS3 games are region-free, my friend! :D
However, the game only has Japanese dub/sub...[/QUOTE]
this sounds like Tales of Vesperia for PS3

was going to buy it for 360 but then the ps3 version was announced.
More content, story plotholes filled, combat i think and i forgot about the underage girl with pirate clothes...a little pirate girl!

i really want it for ps3 but i have to import it.
too much money :cry:
not to mention no english whatsoever, all japanese.

unlike cheapy, i dont understand moonspeak.

I already had this pre-ordered back in Nov. when I got free prime and used my discover card for the $10 off $50. This brings my total down to $36.99 with release date shipping!

Not to be a fanboy at all, but wasn't this game originally designed for the PS3 anyway + 1-disc (vs multi-disc 360 version) + Sony owns around 8 or 9% of squaresoft for them to not let FF13 fall victim to the PS3 getting inferior version of multiplay. Enough reasons IMO.

anyways, just ordered this for ps3....really hope they don't announce a collector's edition.

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Not to be a fanboy at all, but wasn't this game originally designed for the PS3 anyway + 1-disc (vs multi-disc 360 version) + Sony owns around 8 or 9% of squaresoft for them to not let FF13 fall victim to the PS3 getting inferior version of multiplay. Enough reasons IMO.

anyways, just ordered this for ps3....really hope they don't announce a collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

sony owns 8% of squaresoft? it's square enix and been that for a while and whered you get the numbers? i agree though it was designed for ps3 but the rest sounds like you made it up :whistle2:|

Thanks OP, in for one for PS3. Got spoiled with my single-disc RPGs and I don't have enough games for my PS3 as it is.

I'm still holding off the trigger in fear of a C.E. announcement or exclusive content anywhere. I hate that crap, but for FFXIII I'd bite the bullet. Otherwise, I'm in for 1. Thanks OP.

Might as well place the order, though I'll likely cancel it once a CE rolls around.

Anyone know if I can get the coupon twice if I order both versions in the same order? Or would I need to make two separate orders.

One disc vs four discs, i'll go with one disc... With four discs, not only you have to change discs, but what if one of the discs got scratched or lost? Eh, too much trouble... Not to mention the blu-ray version has uncompressed sounds. Hmmm, pre-ordering the PS3 version, thanks!

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I'm still holding off the trigger in fear of a C.E. announcement or exclusive content anywhere. I hate that crap, but for FFXIII I'd bite the bullet. Otherwise, I'm in for 1. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

^ this. There's almost definately going to be a CE here, so no sense in jumping in too early.

In Japan, there was a FFXIII PS3, is there ever a CE?

I hope there's a CE too, but it all depends how much and what i'm getting... If i like the characters, i probably buy additional art works, toys, hell, even the energy drinks, lol.

[quote name='Serpentor']In Japan, there was a FFXIII PS3, is there ever a CE?

I hope there's a CE too, but it all depends how much and what i'm getting... If i like the characters, i probably buy additional art works, toys, hell, even the energy drinks, lol.[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy 12 had one:

images

It should be noted, not released in Japan.

Sweet, had both the 360 and PS3 on preorder from the $10 discover deal.

I assume the PS3 version will be better, but waiting for the date to draw near before deciding.

In the PS3 version.

It sucks that this went multiplat. S-E could have probably made this game look much better if it was PS3 only... oh well, at least they used a neutral development platform. I wonder if they'll cheap out on the case with 360 version, like they did with Lost Odyssey in the US.

Mutli-disc RPGs are awesome; you can lend the game to three other people and all still play at the same time!

[quote name='Vinny']In the PS3 version.

It sucks that this went multiplat. S-E could have probably made this game look much better if it was PS3 only... oh well, at least they used a neutral development platform. I wonder if they'll cheap out on the case with 360 version, like they did with Lost Odyssey in the US.[/QUOTE]

they built it for the ps3 and dumbed it down for the xbox.... no worries

[quote name='Vinny']In the PS3 version.

It sucks that this went multiplat. S-E could have probably made this game look much better if it was PS3 only... oh well, at least they used a neutral development platform. I wonder if they'll cheap out on the case with 360 version, like they did with Lost Odyssey in the US.[/QUOTE]

How? The game was practically done when they decided. I'm sure the art and everything has been done for months/years.

[quote name='Don illmatix']So what do you get for this amazon referral link?[/QUOTE]

That's Cheapy's referral link and *you* get free use of this site out of it...

Now scuttle off, you ingrate.

[quote name='zenintrude']That's Cheapy's referral link and *you* get free use of this site out of it...

Now scuttle off, you ingrate.[/QUOTE]

i don't think anyone was being negative about the referral link. its a good question and one i'd like to know as well; not because i refuse to click on it or disapprove, just "because".

[quote name='formerroadie']they built it for the ps3 and dumbed it down for the xbox.... no worries[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The Crystal Tools engine was designed for the PS3 initially. Plus its much easier to port from PS3 to 360.

bread's done
Back