Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post, reddjoey!

I wonder if the specially priced Mass Effect DLC will reflect on EA's promotion on getting 800 MS Points for purchasing 3 EA digital downloads. I already bought Battlefield 1943 when it was on special. Well since I haven't played ME and I really do want to get the sequel, might as well get these DLC.

Portal for 800 MS Points is a great deal but I guess if you have The Orange Box, it might not look as glamorous. Still if you don't, get Portal XBLA.

Nice to see we're getting some kind of quality XBLA titles like Vandal Hearts and Death By Cube. I'm still anticipating for Perfect Dark XBLA though.

Bioshock - $29.99
Civ Rev - $29.99
Prey - $19.99
MX v ATV - $29.99
Saint's Row - $29.99

I assume that these are post-discount? If Bioshock or Civ came down to a Steamish-price (I'm thinking somewhere near $15/1200pts), I'd be all over it. At $30 and no physical copy to actually "own", no chance. Portal is the same as the included version on The Orange Box, no? I'm pretty sure you can get a used copy of The Orange Box for roughly $15, and it'd come with Half Life + expansions and Team Fortress.

[quote name='worrybomb']
I wonder if the specially priced Mass Effect DLC will reflect on EA's promotion on getting 800 MS Points for purchasing 3 EA digital downloads. I already bought Battlefield 1943 when it was on special. Well since I haven't played ME and I really do want to get the sequel, might as well get these DLC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good question. I also bought BF1943 for 560. So 560 + 240 + 240 = 1040 - 800 MS points back = 240 points total for BF1943 and the Mass Effect DLCs. That would be an amazing deal. I'll probably try for it, but I won't be surprised when I never receive the 800 points back.

Awesome, finally! I was hoping for a deal on the Mass Effect DLC since I never bought it, but I'm sort of interested in playing through the game again to get ready for the sequel. Though I still probably won't touch Pinnacle Station since I hear it's a POS :p

Holy crap, glad I waited on the Mass Effect DLC. I imagine those will still be eligible for EA's Holiday Deal where you get 800 points back, too. That and the Dragon Age DLC will be a perfect combo.

[quote name='JJSP']Portal is the same as the included version on The Orange Box, no?[/QUOTE]
No, it includes fourteen additional puzzles and standalone achievements.

[quote name='JJSP']Portal is the same as the included version on The Orange Box, no? I'm pretty sure you can get a used copy of The Orange Box for roughly $15, and it'd come with Half Life + expansions and Team Fortress.[/QUOTE]

Portal: Still Alive has bonus content, some pretty hefty bonus content if I remember correctly. But you are right, The Orange Box sells for only $20 new a lot of places, and includes Half-Life 2 + Episodes 1 & 2 and Team Fortress 2.

Regardless, anyone who hasn't played Portal must do so. Awesome game. The cake is a lie.

[quote name='JJSP']Bioshock - $29.99
Civ Rev - $29.99
Prey - $19.99
MX v ATV - $29.99
Saint's Row - $29.99

[/QUOTE]

I thought these were the original prices, I'm thinking the drop hasn't happened just yet. My money is on a -$10.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Portal: Still Alive has bonus content, some pretty hefty bonus content if I remember correctly. But you are right, The Orange Box sells for only $20 new a lot of places, and includes Half-Life 2 + Episodes 1 & 2 and Team Fortress 2.

Regardless, anyone who hasn't played Portal must do so. Awesome game. The cake is a lie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you're better off playing it on PC if you have the ability. I can't imagine trying to play that with joystick controls...

[quote name='Warlock82']Yeah but you're better off playing it on PC if you have the ability. I can't imagine trying to play that with joystick controls...[/QUOTE]

Eh, I played The Orange Box/Portal on 360, and I didn't really have any problems with it. But then I play all of my FPSs on the 360 these days, so I'm used to it.

Thanks OP, picking up the Mass Effect DLC as im currently replaying the game and didn't pick it up the first time around. Really looking forward to the new content.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Eh, I played The Orange Box/Portal on 360, and I didn't really have any problems with it. But then I play all of my FPSs on the 360 these days, so I'm used to it.[/QUOTE]

I suppose it's partially a preference thing. I can't imagine trying to do some of the quick-reflex puzzles with a joystick aim though :p (you know, like when you're falling and you have to shoot another portal out before you hit the ground - that kind of stuff)

[quote name='xrayzwei']I thought these were the original prices, I'm thinking the drop hasn't happened just yet. My money is on a -$10.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I checked Major Nelson's post and he said the prices will come down later today.

[quote name='Warlock82']FYI, I hear the DLC only works on new games. So if you're already playing you may need to start over to see it (or New Game+). I don't have it though so I can't confirm from experience.[/QUOTE]
There's just a certain point of no return in the main story. You'll be able to access new DLC before that point.

If I'm going to give Portal a try, I'd probably rather buy the Orange Box for only slightly more and also be able to try those other games. Then again... what if I end up loving Portal? Then I'd probably want the bonus content. Hmm... OK, I'll check out the demo.

EDIT: Bioshock is $18.99 for 360 and $17.50 for PS3, shipped, from amazon, so if you were interested in those as GoD, I hope the discount is more then just $10! Similar situation for the others, for the most part.

I've completed Portal on the PC and the Xbox 360, both were very playable, both were very enjoyable. The mouse was very precise, but I also play with analogue sensitivity above medium and had no issues playing the game on the 360. I even got the achievements without much hassle. The only thing that might have bothered me (not really) were the lower rez textures on the Xbox 360 version.

[quote name='Warlock82']I suppose it's partially a preference thing. I can't imagine trying to do some of the quick-reflex puzzles with a joystick aim though :p (you know, like when you're falling and you have to shoot another portal out before you hit the ground - that kind of stuff)[/QUOTE]

I know exactly the level you are talking about, and you're right, that was difficult with joysticks. But for the most part, Portal isn't a quick-reflex game. Most puzzles are solved by thinking, not quick actions. So it isn't a huge issue for the game.

Oooh, we finally get Vandal Hearts: FoJ. The delay worries me, though. Hopefully, the extra time allowed for a polished game. It's going to be a struggle not to buy it at 1200 pts.

[quote name='emg28']Oooh, we finally get Vandal Hearts: FoJ. The delay worries me, though. Hopefully, the extra time allowed for a polished game. It's going to be a struggle not to buy it at 1200 pts.[/QUOTE]

If it's like the original, then hooray. I'm not holding my breath though.

For anyone interested, I bought the Pinnacle Station DLC recently and was thoroughly underwhelmed. It's 13 combat missions (4 types, 3 missions each, and a special mission) and one other little "bonus" (it's not much of a bonus). For $3, it may be worth it if you really like Mass Effect or you want to achievement whore (150 points, pretty easy to get).

Oh why won't you let us use MSP for Games on Demand MSFT?? I mean, we can when buying full games over GFWL!! Isn't it practically the same...

just looking out for all my CAGs b/c I know we can all get points cheap ;) and I would buy at least one Game On Demand if I didn't have to have it go on my CC.

but in for Serious Sam, Mass Effect DLC, and maybe something else..

Portal at $5 maybe even $7 would be fine but $10 is still too much when you can get it with the half life 2 episodes for $20 new, plus own a physical copy.

[quote name='token2k6']Oh why won't you let us use MSP for Games on Demand MSFT?? I mean, we can when buying full games over GFWL!! Isn't it practically the same...

just looking out for all my CAGs b/c I know we can all get points cheap ;) and I would buy at least one Game On Demand if I didn't have to have it go on my CC.

but in for Serious Sam, Mass Effect DLC, and maybe something else..[/QUOTE]

you can use MS points for them. You have to push like X or Y when selecting your buy options or something.

[quote name='token2k6']Oh why won't you let us use MSP for Games on Demand MSFT?? I mean, we can when buying full games over GFWL!! Isn't it practically the same...

Totally with you on this one man! I have around 3500 MSP left and I would probably buy Army of Two or Bioshock if I could use points on them, but nooooooooo...

lame!

January 13th: Serious Sam: The First Encounter HD, 1200 Microsoft Points
January 20th: Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment, 1200 Microsoft Points

I will get them both If both on sale for 400 - 560 Each

They do. Select the "Buy" option and hit A. Then the purchase menu will come up. From there you can select hit Y to use points.

[quote name='Masterkyo']
I will get them both If both on sale for 400 - 560 Each[/QUOTE]

Those are release dates and cost. I made it more clear

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Masterkyo']January 13th: Serious Sam: The First Encounter HD, 1200 Microsoft Points
January 20th: Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment, 1200 Microsoft Points

I will get them both If both on sale for 400 - 560 Each[/QUOTE]

Those are release dates

You can use MS points for Games on Demand.

When you click "Buy" and go to the purchase screen, you press the Y button, and then you can use Microsoft Points.

I wonder if Vandal Heart FoJ will still have crazy big head mode. I hope the delay fixed that.

Death by Cube has had my interest peaked since the trailer, previews from TGS. May have to pick that one up.

[quote name='Skoad']There's just a certain point of no return in the main story. You'll be able to access new DLC before that point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found something explaining what the deal was, so I deleted that part of my message. I guess as long as you have access to the galaxy chart, you're fine.

I have Orange Box, solid buy people. If not a easy one. Get Portal, it's goooood.
I didnt know bout the differences between the two versions.

Portal is one intelligent game that is highly enjoyable, I have not tried it on the PC. I used to play all my FPS save Halo on PC, but since my 360 is stronger than PC it's getting all the love.

[quote name='reddjoey']January 25th: Portal: Still Alive, 800 Microsoft Points - 66% off[/QUOTE]

Reduction from 1200 MSP to 800 MSP is actually 33% off.

Thanks for the info reddjoey, I love getting these updates. Kept me from jumping the gun and waited for the sale price a few times already.

[quote name='bh47']Reduction from 1200 MSP to 800 MSP is actually 33% off.[/QUOTE]

oops.. fixed. Forgot to finish doing the math.

i passed on the 2 Mass Effect DLC + Warden's Keep DLC deal before, but now I'm starting to reconsider it again. It's risky though whether these deals will stack, and considering the ME DLC are pretty bad, I'm still considering whether to take the risk.

If things work out, then it means:
both ME DLC + Warden's Keep for 240+240+560-800 = 240 points...basically a dollar each (which should probably have been their true prices heh)

If not, I'll be out 1040 points that I could have used on a lot of better stuff out there on the marketplace. gah! do I take this risk or not...hopefully we hear from the 1943 ppl if they got their 800 points when they stacked it with the discounted purchase...

Bioshock is showing up as $19.99. Ok, deal, but if you get the points on sale to begin with, it can be gotten for around $10-$15.

[quote name='espionage']
If not, I'll be out 1040 points that I could have used on a lot of better stuff out there on the marketplace. gah! do I take this risk or not...hopefully we hear from the 1943 ppl if they got their 800 points when they stacked it with the discounted purchase...[/QUOTE]

I have the question being escalated by an EA CSR. MS said EA is handling the promotion.

6-8 weeks is the turn around so, the 1943 won't be much help

[quote name='reddjoey']I have the question being escalated by an EA CSR. MS said EA is handling the promotion.

6-8 weeks is the turn around so, the 1943 won't be much help[/QUOTE]

I'm anxious to hear back about this. I bought BF 1943 alone for 560 because nothing else was interesting to me. If it works on the ME dlc then that is like taking another 320 points off of my BF 1943 purchase. BF 1943 for 240 points wouldn't be a bad deal at all, not that it was a bad deal at 560 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back