Steam: King's Bounty Series 75% off

Is armored princess the one that was like $7.50 during the Steam sale?
Still, 11.25 for both is certainly a good deal.

Yep, it was Armored Princess that was on sale, Legend didn't show up during one of the daily sales. I think the gold set was about $30.

[quote name='SDC']Is armored princess the one that was like $7.50 during the Steam sale?
Still, 11.25 for both is certainly a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I know it was in the Christmas sale but I'm not sure for how much.

In the news article, it says it's 75% off "until Thursday." But that really means until Wednesday, right? Because the weekend sales always say "until Monday," and then stop on Sunday.

[quote name='Unrealevil']In the news article, it says it's 75% off "until Thursday." But that really means until Wednesday, right? Because the weekend sales always say "until Monday," and then stop on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

The last day of the Holiday sales was on Sunday but it officially ended on Monday, 12PM EST.

I have a copy of the The Legend, but might spring and get the pack just to have them both on steam for convenience. Thanks for putting it out OP a real nice deal.

...Wow.
I JUST bought The Legend for $8 on GamersGate a day or two ago. Seriously, I'm downloading it as we speak. UGH. It's not that I'm that upset about the possible waste of $8 (or $3, assuming I'd buy it on this sale anyway). It's just that I KNEW Steam would put them on sale again, and I KNEW I should wait, but I bought it anyway. ;_;

Welp, I wanted AP, so now I'll buy it, and for another $1.25 it's worth it to get The Legend on Steam as well. I guess I can give my copy on GamersGate to a friend.

Just read the review for Armored Princess in PC Gamer, was quite favorable. Have not played either game, so its a nice deal for both at $11.25

kickass deal... can't believe I'd see AP this cheap this soon.

I'm seriously lazy right??? because I'll get them both, yet I have the disc for Legend sitting on my desk....

This is sort of like Heroes of Might and Magic, aye? But it looks like there's no building/micromanagment stuff going on? At least none of the videos I'm looking at show that part, if it exists.

Is it worth getting both games? A review that pops up on google says that AP is pretty much the same as the first. Maybe I'll just get first one since I don't even know if I'll like the game.

[quote name='SDC']Is armored princess the one that was like $7.50 during the Steam sale?
[/QUOTE]

AP was $9.99 during the one day sale. I missed out on it, ironically enough, trying out the demo to see if I wanted it.

It really feels like their timing these sales to make the most money off of people....you cant blame them for it but its really annoying. I mean they put AP on sale for $10 but not the prequel, give it a few weeks knowing some people will end up paying full price for the prequel and if they dont they will grab it on the second round of the sale for $5. Again cant blame them but its annoying putting $15 out when they could have had the gold edition on sale for the steam sale for $11!

KB: The Legend is well worth the $10. I have just started playing Armored Princess... basically more of the same with higher difficulty.

I bought AP during the holiday sale (it was 10).

I really dig the game. It plays very much like a single-hero focused HOMM. Your hero has a more in-depth customization system with a "WoW-esque" talent system. Everytime you level up, you get a certain number of 3 types of Runes, depending on your class, and then you spend the runes to buy abilities in your talent trees.

In AP, (not Legend), you also get a pet dragon that grows up and levels with you that you can use during fights. They can do stuff like search for treasure, smash bad guys, drop walls to manipulate the terrain, drop eggs that make one-shot units, tons of cool stuff.

The only negative is the really shitty story. It's badly written and generic.

Like, the very first scene is your kingdom being attacked by demons. A wizard has this hourglass that freezes time for everyone except the one who breaks it and he's planning to freeze time and teleport to another dimension to find allies. You come in, say I'M THE PRINCESS IM GONNA DO IT and smash it yourself. It's dumb.

[quote name='vlv723']The last day of the Holiday sales was on Sunday but it officially ended on Monday, 12PM EST.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was a special case.

I recently picked up AP for 7.50 during the Christmas steam sale, as I already own King's Bounty: The Legend on DVD -- but for 5 bucks, I'll grab it on steam to support the developer further. Here's to hoping they stay around and release more turn-based strategy titles.

As someone who has zero experience with this series, should I go ahead and grab the Gold Edition, or is there content aplenty in the base game?

[quote name='tyrone888']Is it worth getting both games? A review that pops up on google says that AP is pretty much the same as the first. Maybe I'll just get first one since I don't even know if I'll like the game.[/QUOTE]

There's a demo, you know. I found it pretty dreadful but I'm sure someone would like it.

[quote name='mokmoof']As someone who has zero experience with this series, should I go ahead and grab the Gold Edition, or is there content aplenty in the base game?[/QUOTE]

As someone else said there is a demo you can try out. My thoughts after the demo were its a game for people that like deep strategy in their RPG and that its going to be rough to learn the first few hours but if you can get the hang of things it will be immensely enjoyable.

Awesome price, awesome games. Spend the $11.25. If you like strategy games these are must haves. If you end up not enjoying them then your in the minority...a very strange and awkward minority...

Nice, thought about getting the Legend from Gamersgate but decided not to because of the Securom inclusion. This is cheaper and Securom free. Thanks OP, usually not a fan of grid based strategy games, but I've heard good things and $11.25 is a great deal for both.

Steam weekend and midweek sales have usually run until sometime between 11:30am-1:00pm PST on the day specified. So if you want to pick it up after work Wednesday will be your last day, but if you wake up before noon :lol: you'll be able to still get it on Thursday morning. They've also been sticking up their weekend deals on Thursday afternoon lately, so it makes sense that this sale would end before then.

AP was $9.99 as a daily deal in the holiday sale, but the bundle wasn't on sale. If you waited until now to buy the bundle, vs. buying AP as a daily deal and then bought The Legend today, you'll only have saved $3.73, so it's not too bad for the people who didn't wait.

Still, I'm glad I did wait. I figured the bundle would be on sale at some point, but I'm again surprised at how soon one of the daily deals is already at a better price! I wonder if I'm going to be annoyed that I paid a "full" $10 for RFG before the month is over?

[quote name='bitter1961']Steam weekend and midweek sales have usually run until sometime between 11:30am-1:00pm PST on the day specified. So if you want to pick it up after work Wednesday will be your last day, but if you wake up before noon :lol: you'll be able to still get it on Thursday morning. They've also been sticking up their weekend deals on Thursday afternoon lately, so it makes sense that this sale would end before then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm only able to buy things at certain times, so that's good to know.

[quote name='Esoteria']...Wow.
I JUST bought The Legend for $8 on GamersGate a day or two ago. Seriously, I'm downloading it as we speak. UGH. It's not that I'm that upset about the possible waste of $8 (or $3, assuming I'd buy it on this sale anyway). It's just that I KNEW Steam would put them on sale again, and I KNEW I should wait, but I bought it anyway. ;_;

Welp, I wanted AP, so now I'll buy it, and for another $1.25 it's worth it to get The Legend on Steam as well. I guess I can give my copy on GamersGate to a friend.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I debated the GG sale for a few days now. Glad I waited.

I jumped on it. Played the demo and liked what was there. I do feel somewhat bad for posting the Gamersgate deal right before this one happened (not that bad since how would I have known).

I really enjoyed the first one, and picked up ap during the christmas sale.
Might grab legend again for $5 to have on steam.
I sank hundreds of hours into the homm series, and it is similar, but there are enough differences that it might take an hour or two to figure out how great a design decision the developers decided to go with.
the endgame really ramps it up in terms of battle strategy.

[quote name='BingoBrown']For $5, I might pick up Legend. It should run okay on a decent laptop that can run Torchlight with medium settings, right?[/QUOTE]

The game has some issues with certain GPUs.

A week after I got my new laptop (ASUS DUO Core, 4GB memory, Nvidia 9650GTm), I played the game for fifteen minutes until my laptop overheated and shut off, refusing to turn on for another hour.

Google it - you'll find lots of similar cases. Try the demo first and see if that's the case with your laptop.

[quote name='The_Forgetful_Brain']The game has some issues with certain GPUs.

A week after I got my new laptop (ASUS DUO Core, 4GB memory, Nvidia 9650GTm), I played the game for fifteen minutes until my laptop overheated and shut off, refusing to turn on for another hour.

Google it - you'll find lots of similar cases. Try the demo first and see if that's the case with your laptop.[/QUOTE]

I probably have the same laptop and I have had the same issue. The problem is not with this game specifically. You'll need to update your bios and VC driver. You can get it from the ASUS website.

thanks OP. bought just KB:TL because i already gotten KB:AP during the holiday sale.

do note that a gold edition of KB:AP is supposed to be released later with additional content, but in it's current state it is already a great game! value for $!

[quote name='confoosious']man i'd pay $100 for the original Kings Bounty with just updated graphics.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that notion. That original Genesis game was the best, spent so many hours on that awesomeness.

I think there's a PC version of the original that you can download from somewhere, don't remember where though.

[quote name='Unrealevil']In the news article, it says it's 75% off "until Thursday." But that really means until Wednesday, right? Because the weekend sales always say "until Monday," and then stop on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Uh, all weekend deals end on Monday, usually close to noon or sometime in the morning PST. I've never seen one go down on a Sunday.

bread's done
Back