- - - - -

Pirate Blast Gun Bundle (Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED, used, GameDealDaily.com 9/13

#1531 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13295 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

Do people realize that, when they post their generic "complaints" about this guy, without having actually done any business with him, the only thing they are doing is bumping this thread and giving his business more exposure? I am guessing it has zero other effect considering he is still in business.

#1532 Cmosfm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1931 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

Do people realize that, when they post their generic "complaints" about this guy, without having actually done any business with him, the only thing they are doing is bumping this thread and giving his business more exposure? I am guessing it has zero other effect considering he is still in business.

Nope, the tons and tons of complaints have caused me to know not to buy from them, ever, even if they offered the best deal this forum has ever seen.

#1533 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13295 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

Nope, the tons and tons of complaints have caused me to know not to buy from them, ever, even if they offered the best deal this forum has ever seen.

Well, it apparently hasn't done enough to stop him from turning a profit after like 2 years, so I don't know what to tell you. But I think you completely missed the point I was making. There was, after all, a reason "complaints" was written as such. Complaints are legitimate. There are people, though, who just troll this topic and don't actually have any experience dealing with his business. And all they are doing is helping him by bumping the thread.

#1534 iamjdog23   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   18 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

iamjdog23

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

Well, it apparently hasn't done enough to stop him from turning a profit after like 2 years, so I don't know what to tell you. But I think you completely missed the point I was making. There was, after all, a reason "complaints" was written as such. Complaints are legitimate. There are people, though, who just troll this topic and don't actually have any experience dealing with his business. And all they are doing is helping him by bumping the thread.

i know what you mean
your bumping him right now

#1535 intoxicated662  

intoxicated662

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:23 AM

I was going to get re5 for xbox 360, but $5 for shipping kills the deal. Total would of been just about $15 for the game and I could get it cheaper locally or @ gamestop as well.

#1536 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

Are these going to be unplayable like the gamecube titles?

No, other than the grab bags, everything we sell is in new or like-new condition.

Edited by drfrielgood, 10 October 2010 - 06:37 AM.

Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#1537 illmeister80   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   13 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

illmeister80

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

No, other than the grab bags, everything we sell is like new or like-new condition.

what's the difference between like new and like-new? ;)

#1538 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

what's the difference between like new and like-new? ;)

Hahah, wow, nice catch. Fixed!
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#1539 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

Updated with today's deal on Prey the Stars, brand new and factory sealed, for DS.

Trying an experiment today to see how including the shipping cost in the price affects traffic and sales. In the past, it hasn't been good for either.

#1540 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   18396 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Updated with today's deal on Prey the Stars, brand new and factory sealed, for DS.

Trying an experiment today to see how including the shipping cost in the price affects traffic and sales. In the past, it hasn't been good for either.

I think personally for your daily deals for your site, you should just incorporate shipping into the price and mention "free shipping", which would probably make people feel more inclined to purchase, regardless if they are CAG or just the general public shopping. The less calculations, the less thinking, the more things that seem to be free, will help make the customer feel like they are benefiting more than just the average deal. This way, people can still see the $5 shipping, and complain just the same. But this is progress, so glad to see you are at least proactively trying to meet the gamer's needs.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#1541 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4481 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

well hopefully you're wrong, that is a good price I would say for anyone who wanted this game..imma look into this and if it looks cool for my kid, I may just place an order..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#1542 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

Updated with today's deal on the Band Hero Export Code for PS3 and Wii.

Wish we could offer the 360 ones as well, but we just sold out of them.

#1543 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

Updated the first post with info on our new giveaway. The grand prize this week is Super Mario Galaxy 2. Also, be sure to vote on the grand prize for Weekly Giveaway #100, either a PS3 with Move or a 360 Kinect bundle.

#1544 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Updated with today's deal on Astro Boy: The Video Game for PS2.

#1545 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

Updated with today's deal on the Warhawk Bluetooth Headset bundle for PS3.

#1546 king9x   King of NYNEX CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

$8 dollars shipping for Warhawk?! I know its a larger box, but does a bluetooth really weigh that much more?

$25.93 is still not bad for the game, but seeing $8 shipping makes me not want to order it even though I really want the game.

decept1.png

#1547 Spyder187   Scratch & Sniff! Banned   2473 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

LMAO @ 8 dollars for shipping. What a friggin scam man. Seriously, who is buying this shit?

Also, whats the deal with this?

Quoted from website:

Price: $ 17.95
Availability:
Condition: Used
Platform: Playstation 3

This bundle includes the Warhawk PS3 game, along with a brand new Jabra BT125 Bluetooth Headset

So what is it? New or used? If it is a new headset and a used copy of the game then there is no way to justify 8 dollar shipping. If its a used headset.... thats just... ugh. Sorry but who really wantes to insert a previously used earpiece into thier ear?

Either way, the contadictions on your sham of a website continue to show what types of shady dealings are really going on over there.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#1548 sherisdoppel   The Eye in Shadow CAGiversary!   1019 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

sherisdoppel

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

Title is misleading as always and good deals hardly come up, way worse than GoGamer.
I know gamedealdaily may be paying CheapyD, but this website is too much of an abomination to "Cheap Ass Gamers".

Least one can do is to suggest adding shipping costs and the condition of items in the title.
whitespace

#1549 CaptainJoel   Justice Lord CAGiversary!   14902 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:55 PM

I would've bought if not for the 8 dollar shipping. This was almost too god of a deal to pass up since i need a good PS3 headset.

#1550 Spyder187   Scratch & Sniff! Banned   2473 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

Honestly, the Jabra headset really isnt that good. You can get a decent bluetooth headset at most retail stores these days for a decent price. Hell, I have even seen the things at big lots for under 20 bucks.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#1551 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4387 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:15 AM

The dude who owns the site listed the total price + shipping in the thread title for a couple of days. He claims he doesn't normally do it because he gets less sales/page views/whatever that way. Surely a lot of people wouldn't have clicked if the thread title was something like "Warhawk (Used) bundled with Bluetooth Headset (New) (PS3) - $25.95 Shipped"

While I agree with the idea the shipped price should be in the thread title since shipping can kill deals, Cheapy D apparently lets this dude basically run his business in this forum, so since the owner is here to make money he has to promote his stuff in the way that might make him the most money, which probably means not including the shipping price.

#1552 cRodz   Lead Chimp Ass CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

and this is bad for us how?
Do you have shares on GDD?
or is this a SBA forum too?

The CAG Deals forums goal is to offer you the best deals around.
if the Doctor feels he has a deal everyday, he can post his deals every day.
People can choose and not buy or buy two, one for themselves and the other for someone else.

This doesnt mean that he should "forget" to include the shipping price on the thread or the title.
Of course, he somehow "forgets" and doesnt put it in either field.

You are a consumer. Start acting like one.

#1553 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13295 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:54 AM

I don't think there's a need to be facetious about it. He's never claimed to "forget" to add shipping. He's admitted a number of times, including a page back, that he feels he gets more traffic this way. If you feel it's wrong, contact the mods and Cheapy. People claim they have, and nothing has been done. So, either they don't feel anything is wrong, or as a number of you have claimed, he is paying Cheapy. Either way, he's gonna continue doing it.

As far as the deal goes, as someone else mentioned, the headset really isn't that good. I actually picked it up by itself from GDD way back, probably around the time they started. I think I paid like $10 total, so it was definitely worth it, but at this point, they are better options for those looking for a cheap BT headset.

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

I mean, isn't drfrielgood a longtime CAG or something? I thought that was how he got this gig, but it's like he thinks we're just joe schmo game buyer, another faceless consumer suitable for "maximum profit" sales tactics, such as oft-discussed unmentioned shipping.

I used to feel compelled to stick up for him (and I still sorta do because he does get his share of whine-and-dash comments), but I'm pretty pissed at how badly I was burned on the gamecube deal, plus there's some other stuff that stacked up and made me question the whole scheme of things here. Some listings have had to be edited by the mods because of deceptive wording (there was a 3rd party harddrive issue not too long ago), and the deals in general seem to just be really exotic: asian imports, new games without cover art, frankenstein collections, etc. Now these usually aren't terrible deals, but at the same time it just doesn't seem like it's worthy of a daily plug here on CAG. Most of the deals come with an asterisk, and the ones that don't are usually met with replies of "well that's fine and dandy, but it's only a buck or two more through (AAA store)"

#1555 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13295 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

I mean, isn't drfrielgood a longtime CAG or something? I thought that was how he got this gig, but it's like he thinks we're just joe schmo game buyer, another faceless consumer suitable for "maximum profit" sales tactics, such as oft-discussed unmentioned shipping.

I used to feel compelled to stick up for him (and I still sorta do because he does get his share of whine-and-dash comments), but I'm pretty pissed at how badly I was burned on the gamecube deal, plus there's some other stuff that stacked up and made me question the whole scheme of things here. Some listings have had to be edited by the mods because of deceptive wording (there was a 3rd party harddrive issue not too long ago), and the deals in general seem to just be really exotic: asian imports, new games without cover art, frankenstein collections, etc. Now these usually aren't terrible deals, but at the same time it just doesn't seem like it's worthy of a daily plug here on CAG. Most of the deals come with an asterisk, and the ones that don't are usually met with replies of "well that's fine and dandy, but it's only a buck or two more through (AAA store)"

The bolded part is why I still come into the thread often and throw in my two cents. As I've said a number of times, there are a lot of legitimate complaints, but a lot of it seems to be people just looking to bust balls. If you look at some of the most active negative posters in the thread, many of them have never once said they bought something from him or had an actual problem. It's just "their service sucks" or "such-and-such product is shady." To me, that's childish.

I do agree that many of his deals lately are not that great and can be found for a few more bucks at more reliable sites. I do like some of the "exotic" things, though, especially when they can be had at great prices. $45 shipped for a newly released game isn't bad, if you can live with slightly different cover art or a foreign language instruction book. Personally, I'm a little OCD-ish, so I hold off on them, especially now with so many games coming with packed-in DLC that could potentially not work in certain regions or whatever.

#1556 hendrickfan24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

hendrickfan24

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:11 AM

eww used bluethooth headset, GROSS

#1557 King J Gatz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

King J Gatz

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:12 AM

and this is bad for us how?
Do you have shares on GDD?
or is this a SBA forum too?

The CAG Deals forums goal is to offer you the best deals around.
if the Doctor feels he has a deal everyday, he can post his deals every day.
People can choose and not buy or buy two, one for themselves and the other for someone else.

This doesnt mean that he should "forget" to include the shipping price on the thread or the title.
Of course, he somehow "forgets" and doesnt put it in either field.

You are a consumer. Start acting like one.

OWNED!!!! hahahaha
Michigan Snowgoon

#1558 Buddyroe333   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Buddyroe333

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:52 AM

Hey, quick question... I bought the Band Hero Export code on Monday... it says they start shipping Monday... not sure if that means the following week or what. How long does it generally take for the codes to be e-mailed out? (if anyone else has ever bought any from here)

EDITED - Nevermind... later that night drfrielgood e-mailed me my code :-)

Edited by Buddyroe333, 15 October 2010 - 05:57 AM.

#1559 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

eww used bluethooth headset, GROSS

Should've clarified this much sooner:

The bluetooth headsets are NOT used, just the game.

#1560 drfrielgood   www.gamedealdaily.com CAGiversary!   3609 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

drfrielgood

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

Updated with today's deal on Batman Arkham Asylum for PS3.