Army of Two: The 40th Day - Gen. Discussion & Info. - Out Now

NTolerance

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So this game comes out today and there's no thread on it.

IGN Review - 8.5

I'll be picking this up for some splitscreen goodness. For the few of you out there that do the splitscreen thing, this game has a tremendous advantage over other splitscreen games in that the whole screen is used instead of cropped such as in Modern Warfare 2 or Resident Evil 5.

Can I get a fist bump?

The visuals are improved, the weapons feel and sound more solid, and there's more co-op moves and scenarios. Rather than just shooting everyone you can get your partner to distract enemies while you take them down and tie them up. Then you can curb stomp them if you want.

Which leads me to the morality system in the game that may or may not reward you depending on the decisions you make as far as killing bad guys or civilians.

Splitscreen is now side/side rather than top/bottom, which I'm not sure I like and takes getting used to. The gameplay is a bit more vertical (at least in the first level) than the last game, so maybe this is why. Still, I would have liked an option to change to top/bottom views like in the 360 version of Left 4 Dead.

The cover system and camera views have been changed from the first and require some adjustment. Will take time to decide if I'm on board with this change.

In any case, in the first hour I played I had a lot of fun and only put it down because it was late and work and all that shit.

I was going to start up a thread when the Demo came out but I became lazy and didn't. I'm a AO2 fan till the end. I loved the first and I can't get enough of the second one. If you see me on playing, send me an invite.

Waitin for my buddy to get back in town next month before picking this up as we blew through the first one in one sitting. Looking forward to improved weapons and some other mechanics.

I just got the first one about 2 weeks ago, about 2 days a week me and buddy play it, its a awesome game, I enjoyed the Wu-Tang talk.

If any of you have Extraction, you can invite your buddies if they don't have it and they can play. Wondering if this is true at all?

So far I agree with what is already said. Mostly positives for the game.
The only negative for me is the cover system. I wish I had a button I could press to get into cover. There have been times so far where it didn't keep me in cover and I got lit up. Also, I wish I could skip cut sequences since if you die near one, you have to rewatch it.

Hey there, did anyone pre-ordered from Amazon received their $10 game credit yet?

Oh and played the game, not impressed by high res PS2 visuals, only thing good is the character models.

I pre-ordered two copies from Amazon, one for me and one for my nephew and had them shipped to two different locations. I only received one promotional code for extraction and only one notice that my promotional extra $10 was added to my account. I already called amazon about the extraction code and they said they should be sending it to me in 1-2 business days and today would be the second business day so I'm waiting on that.

[quote name='Tracid']Hey there, did anyone pre-ordered from Amazon received their $10 game credit yet?

Oh and played the game, not impressed by high res PS2 visuals, only thing good is the character models.[/QUOTE]

Really? It seemed like the graphics were one of the best parts about the first one.

I figure since ME2 and Bioshock 2 are both likely to hog most of my free time this year I should at least try to delve into some of the new games I bought before they get shelved. I enjoyed the demo despite being new to the series so I'm looking for anyone I can count on not to ditch me in the middle of the game than bother fishing through irritating randoms.

I'll be rotating between this and a few other games so if you're interested either tonight or some time later this week then send me a FR or message. Just let me know you're from CAG so I don't ignore you. Thanks.

The game is exactly what I was expecting. Nothing too wild or daring or impressive, but a solid rent for some decent co-op action. The online is pretty laggy but surprisingly competent. But in the end: meh. Another game to pile up in the bargain bin by this time next year.

How is this game for co-op? A friend and I are looking for something decent to play together that has a co-op campaign. The first Army of One wasn't too well-received, and a lot of this looks like a poor man's Gears of War. If anyone with first hand experience can tell me what to expect with this game, that would be very appreciated.

bread's done
Back