Best Buy Weekly Ad: 1/17/10 - 1/23/10 (Movies & Music)

blockbusterdude

CAGiversary!
Thanks to DetroitSportsFan and BriWeezy at Blu-ray.com for a very early sneak peek!

New Releases (DVD/Blu-ray)
  • Gamer $16.99/$22.99
  • Weeds: Season 5 $25.99/$25.99
  • Smokin' Aces Movies Collection (Blu-ray) $29.99 (Includes Smokin' Aces 1 & 2)
  • Smokin' Aces 2:Assassin's Ball $17.99/$24.99
  • Whiteout $16.99/$19.99
  • The Invention of Lying $16.99/$19.99
  • The Bourne Identity $17.99 (Includes Blu-ray and DVD Versions)
  • The Bourne Supremacy $17.99 (Includes Blu-ray and DVD Versions)
  • The Bourne Ultimatum $17.99 (Includes Blu-ray and DVD Versions)

DVD $12.99/Blu-ray $16.99
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • Star Trek
  • Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
  • Night at the Museum Battle of the Smithsonian
  • The Ugly Truth
DVD $14.99/Blu-ray $19.99
  • Public Enemies
  • The Taking of Pelham 123
  • Family Guy Something, Something Darkside
  • Bruno
  • Funny People
  • (500) Days of Summer
  • All About Steve
  • Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
==================================
New Releases (Music)

Spoon: Transference>>>>>$7.99
Motion City Soundtrack: My Dinosaur Life>>>>>$7.99
Eels: End Times>>>>>$7.99

Music Sales

Best of 2009
All $7.99
Owl City: Ocean Eyes
Cage the Elephant: Cage the Elephant
Skillet: Awake
Monsters of Folk: Monsters of Folk
Sick Puppies: Tri-Polar
Silversun Pickups: Swoon
Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Luke Bryan: Doin' My Thing
All Time Low: Nothing Personal
Gloriana: Gloriana
3OH!3: Want
Jake Owen: Easy Does It
LMFAO: Party Rock
Halestorm: Halestorm
The Avett Brothers: I and Love and You
The Airborne Toxic Event: The Airborne Toxic Event

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like only the Smokin Aces combo pack for me that week. Maybe Gamer on the off chance there's a coupon to bring it under 20.

Great price on Weeds S5 as well as all the $16.99 titles...too bad I got the ones I already wanted from that list. Definitely Smokin' Aces pack, but I'm also tempted on getting Gamer with my $20 RZ cert ...or I can wait until I can find it for $15 or under :whistle2:k.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Finally getting Star Trek Blu at $16.99.[/QUOTE]

I am hoping for a PM at Amazon. But either way I will pick this up at this price.

Darn Just bought Star Trek from Amazon. I'm going to pick up Inglorious Bastards and Transformers 2 (why I didn't like the movie) from Best Buy.

Might want to watch out on the Bourne BD discs.

I might pick up the Smokin' Aces Combo Pack as long as it is not that combo disc like the HD DVDs were or the fliper discs.

[quote name='blockbusterdude']
Smokin' Aces 1&2 Combo Pack (BBY Exclusive) $29.99
[/QUOTE]

What makes this a BB exclusive?

[quote name='Taco5']What makes this a BB exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Probably thrown together in a cardboard box slipcase dealy. As far as I've seen Amazon isn't selling them together, unless I missed it.

[quote name='sendme']Might want to watch out on the Bourne BD discs.

I might pick up the Smokin' Aces Combo Pack as long as it is not that combo disc like the HD DVDs were or the fliper discs.[/QUOTE]

I am really like the trend lately for the BD format. Retailers are slashing prices on them and allowing the user base to grow significantly. Hopefully we can begin to see BD < or = to $19.99.

I like the boxart of Inglorious, def gettign that for 16.

Too bad I already have Star Trek, and Transformers 2 is best bought at WalMart to get their exclusive copy of the movie...with 2 scenes shot in IMAX, the video is soooo sexy.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Star Trek is worthed at $16. Got mine up from Target @ $14 using the famous $5 Target Coupon. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

What coupon? Still any good? I'm a noob. :newbie:

Jim

In for Weeds S5 unless Target has a better price or deal.

I'm glad S5 came out so quickly. I wasn't expecting this until May-June.

[quote name='AceBB6']I am really like the trend lately for the BD format. Retailers are slashing prices on them and allowing the user base to grow significantly. Hopefully we can begin to see BD < or = to $19.99.[/QUOTE]

I like that also but the fact that WB is making the flipper discs or combo discs like they were for the HD dvd format is what I don't like. I hate the 2 sided discs. I would rather have more than one disc.

[quote name='sendme']I like that also but the fact that WB is making the flipper discs or combo discs like they were for the HD dvd format is what I don't like. I hate the 2 sided discs. I would rather have more than one disc.[/QUOTE]
What i don't understand is why not just put the standard edition movie on the digital copy disc? i refuse to buy flipper disc when they can easily put the movie on the digital copy disc.

Great price for the Smokin' Aces pack but might have to wait for reviews on the second film. Even at $15, if the movie is total garbage, I'll just wait for the first one to drop in price... or pick it up on the cheap on HD-DVD. I knew I kept that thing around for something.

Star Trek on the other hand, I may need to grab since I've been waiting for the Target Exclusive one (the case is a model of the Enterprise) to show up again and I don't think it ever will.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Great price for the Smokin' Aces pack but might have to wait for reviews on the second film. Even at $15, if the movie is total garbage, I'll just wait for the first one to drop in price... or pick it up on the cheap on HD-DVD. I knew I kept that thing around for something.

Star Trek on the other hand, I may need to grab since I've been waiting for the Target Exclusive one (the case is a model of the Enterprise) to show up again and I don't think it ever will.[/QUOTE]

Here's one review for you to read.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Smokin-Aces-2-Assassins-Ball-Blu-ray-Review/8004/

Any word on what the rest of the BB ad will look like for 1/17? Looking to buy a PS3 and wondering if they'll have any sales, kind of like the one they had on the 360 this week.

Hopefully amazon PMs. I might go for Night at the Museum 2. Wish I had gotten IB for $11 back with the Target discount.

Went to my local BB today 01-16-10 when the store opened and picked up these.

It's a shame because Target is going to have the one for cheaper. And BB is going to have the other for $19.99 in about a week. I'm going to get a price adjustment for WWII, I hope they will do it as long as I don't open it. Photo's were taken with an I-phone sorry so blurry.

Whiteout was good, saw it in the theatre. Would be a insta-buy at $15 but $20 i'm not so sure.

I'm still pissed I wasn't able to get The Mist for $15 this week, my Best Buy was out of stock everytime I checked.

[quote name='neoz']Went to my local BB today 01-16-10 when the store opened and picked up these.

It's a shame because Target is going to have the one for cheaper. And BB is going to have the other for $19.99 in about a week. I'm going to get a price adjustment for WWII, I hope they will do it as long as I don't open it. Photo's were taken with an I-phone sorry so blurry.[/QUOTE]
How's WWII in HD? I like documentaries, but wasn't sure if this was worth it to own.

[quote name='neoz']Went to my local BB today 01-16-10 when the store opened and picked up these.

It's a shame because Target is going to have the one for cheaper. And BB is going to have the other for $19.99 in about a week. I'm going to get a price adjustment for WWII, I hope they will do it as long as I don't open it. Photo's were taken with an I-phone sorry so blurry.[/QUOTE]

Is that some sort of $10 rebate on the front there on that one sticker on Bourne?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Is that some sort of $10 rebate on the front there on that one sticker on Bourne?[/QUOTE]

It's a coupon for movie cash for the movie Green Zone when it comes out.

[quote name='Jim Beam']Whiteout was good, saw it in the theatre. Would be a insta-buy at $15 but $20 i'm not so sure.

I'm still pissed I wasn't able to get The Mist for $15 this week, my Best Buy was out of stock everytime I checked.[/QUOTE]

According to the BB website, the $14.99 titles that were on sale last week are still on sale. That's a good thing because I never got around to picking up Planet Terror last week.

The movies that were on sale I believe are on sale till the 01-31-10. If you go to the store and look at the very bottom of the tag that shows the price like $9.99 it has a date on it.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Watched Smokin Aces 2 last week and believe me that it isnt worth even $5.

BTW this is a prequel to Smokin Aces not a sequel[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info...

Without Taraji P and her big gun :p, I can't bring myself to buy part 2 or the combo...I hope the price for part 1 on Blu drops on Amazon soon...

priced matched the target add and got the bourne trilogy for $45. also on each movie was a $10 e coupon for greenzone and a coupon for a free pizaa from popa johns. three movies and $30 in e cash and three pizzas for $45

[quote name='deejay726']priced matched the target add and got the bourne trilogy for $45. also on each movie was a $10 e coupon for greenzone and a coupon for a free pizaa from popa johns. three movies and $30 in e cash and three pizzas for $45[/QUOTE]

dude, that is a great deal! When I saw that BB was going to have Bourne next week for $16.99, I figured I'd wait, but duh! Target gotz em for only $14.99?? plus 3 free pizzas and that e-cash..may have to check this out..

Just a heads up, if you get the Bourne blu's at Target they do not have the free pizza offer. I believe that was only available at BB. I picked up the other 2 at Target and the only thing that was on them was the free e-cash for the movie Green Zone.

Are the extras on these Bourne flippers any different than the discs in the previously released box set?

I'm thinking of picking these up, but I wary if people are saying they've had problems with past flippers.

bread's done
Back