CAGcast #184: The Best Podcast Fueled By Doo Doo

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
And here I was giving up hope for a new Cagcast...

Zelda: Twilight Princess was really good, just not great. Very fun, a solid 7.5-8, but not the worse game ever. However, Cheapy is reacting appropriately to the reviewers' slobbering it with "10/10" reviews. Mario/Metroid games tend to get the 3 point "Nintendo Nostalgia Curve" bump as well.

Archer is fucking hilarious, it's like James Bond with all the drinking and partying and no actual competence. That and "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" are the two funniest shows on the network (although with the other "comedies", that's not that hard to do).

The Wii works as a profit model 'cause it's EVERYONE'S second console. Who on this board DOESN'T have one? It's just a Gamecube with motion controls. MS should have opened the wallet put the aux processor in the Shitbox so the 360 CPU/GPU can focus on high-end graphics. As designed with the CPU drain, you're looking at a flood of games equal to "Kingdom for Keflings" with waggle. You're not having a motion controlled Halo with 30% of the CPU dedicated to tracking hand and dick positions.

Great start on your diet, Wombat!

I absolutely hate checkpoints before unskipable cutscenes. I played through Lost: Via Domus, which had long and boring “previously on Lost” cutscenes, especially since you get them right after you beat an episode while it was still fresh in your head. Having to repeat them if you die during a cheap quicktime or instant kill sequence almost ruined the game for me.

EDIT: Ship, go to the challenge mode in South Park. You can choose from 15 unique characters each with their own stats and powers (they are unlocked as you play through the storyline).

Wombat,

I was listening to the show and am stoked to hear about your diet. It does sound healthy. I'm sure that it will get you down in weight. Then what? Can you stick to that diet forever? Do you want to?

A healthy weight and fitness level requires some form of regular exercise to achieve and maintain.

Besides, its pretty nice to work out a bit every week and be able to eat tasty treats when you feel like it.

Good luck.

Edit: You too, CheapyD.

Hold up, Cheapy. You talk bad about Twilight Princess when you not only didn't finish it, but you didn't play it in your native tongue. Of course you're not going to like it when you barely know what's going on.

Great show guys, Wombat where's my credit for trying to start the beef!

I absolutley agree with shipwreck about the quick looks, they're awsome. I come for them and stay for the other entertaining content such as Endurance run and the podcast!

Also cheapyD, diet tip, i know you hate leaving the apartment so do what wombat's doing and get an exercise bike and just ride it for 45min while you listen to Stern.

Hashim - Al-Naafiysh (the soul) as the intro?!?!?! fucking awesome! I know most kids don't know what that Genius is... gonna snag that off itunes as soon as I get a data connection.

[quote name='Nebenator']EDIT: Ship, go to the challenge mode in South Park. You can choose from 15 unique characters each with their own stats and powers (they are unlocked as you play through the storyline).[/QUOTE]

Oh, I guess I just forgot to mention that we played through and unlocked that stuff as well. Butters' special power is great.

[quote name='KingBroly']Hold up, Cheapy. You talk bad about Twilight Princess when you not only didn't finish it, but you didn't play it in your native tongue. Of course you're not going to like it when you barely know what's going on.[/QUOTE]My wife was sitting next to me and she disliked it too.

[quote name='Swoxx']Also cheapyD, diet tip, i know you hate leaving the apartment so do what wombat's doing and get an exercise bike and just ride it for 45min while you listen to Stern.[/QUOTE]There is good chance that the new apt will have easy (across the street) access to a pool and small gym.

[quote name='CheapyD']My wife was sitting next to me and she disliked it too.
.[/QUOTE]

The points was the length of time played and that doesn't change even if you wife was right next to you.

I've learned long ago to disregard Cheapy's opinion on Wii games( actually most games). Do that enabled me to enjoy the podcast much more.

[quote name='sotc1988']My mediocre comment just comes from the fact that I have begun listening to other audio shows this year, most notably being the stern show. Obviously, cheapy this is better than your podcast and the things that have always bothered me about the show have become more noticeable to me. These include the fact that probable four out of five of wombat's jokes fall flat and end up leading to a ten second pause or when the show's pace is just obviously slowed down by too many unnecessary pauses. These can be charming sometimes but more often than not it's annoying. I know it doesn't really bother you Cheapy and you're happy with the show's quality and so it's not going to change. It doesn't bother me to the point where I refuse to listen because I know what the cagcast is like after listening for so long. Mediocre was definitely too strong a word to describe the quality, so I apologize. Your choices were interesting because they were so different from other mainstream video game news. This doesn't equate to being good though, like Pat Robertson saying Haiti is at fault for the earthquake because they made a deal with the devil. It's interesting but I don't enjoy hearing him say that. Don't read too much into that comparison, it's just the quickest analogy I could think of.[/QUOTE]

But that one of five, is worth the risk. Nice post though, if you like mediocre comments.

[quote name='Wombat']But that one of five, is worth the risk. Nice post though, if you like mediocre comments.[/QUOTE]
You are the trash out of the trashcan, trashman. *fart*
There, that better? I'll make sure I never put a valid criticism in the cagcast DISCUSSION thread ever again.

[quote name='sotc1988']You are the trash out of the trashcan, trashman. *fart*
There that better? I'll make sure I never put a valid criticism in the cagcast DISCUSSION thread ever again.[/QUOTE]

Much better, thank you

You ingrates. I donate a game from my collection out of the kindness of my heart, and that's the thanks I get!? Eh, who am I kidding, it was the only copy of Lego Rock Band left at the Old Navy Black Friday sale and I have no use for it.

And a note about the whole NBC late night ordeal: ratings for Conan actually do kind of matter for the affiliates, too. Someone on NPR mentioned that the ratings of local morning news shows are affected because viewers tend to watch whatever channel they left it on from the night before, so if someone was watching Letterman before going to bed, they'll be watching the local CBS news channel the next morning.

Of course, despite that, I think it's pretty clear where my loyalties lie in this matter.

Duders, sign me up for a CAG MW2 night! reserve that seat for me! i'll be happy to join. :)

Good show guys. Wombat keep up the good work on your weight loss....fatass. :)

I hope they don't make any more Rainbow Six games. The last two have been major disappointments. RSV2 was fun, especially Terrorist Hunt, but the game was so glitchy and buggy that it wasn't worth paying anything more than 20 bucks for. When I bought RSV2 at launch (PS3 version), it was broken for close to a month. The servers were all screwed up and you could not play online, either co-op story, TH, or multiplayer. Essentially the game was worthless during that enitre time because the whole selling point of it were the online modes. No one was buying RSV2 for any other reason. Ubisoft made a bunch of excuses and blamed the gamers, when it was really on their side of things why nothing worked. Bugs from the first RSV (such as the constant sound of gunfire and shooting when no one was actually doing it) were never fixed, and even showed up in RSV2, which weren't fixed either. I refuse to support the Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon games because of Ubisoft's bullshit.

I'm dying for a new Twisted Metal game. I think with PSN it would be amazing. Car combat games are pretty much dead, which is a shame. That's the one genre you really don't see anymore. I'm a huge Twisted Metal fan so I'm hoping we eventually see its return.

I'm looking forward to NBA Jam but I don't think it can live up to the greatness of what the series was back in the day.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is completely one of the scariest kids movies of all time. I refused to watch it in middle school and most of high school. The really kicker was Violet who had to get 'squeezed'.

Loved the show! I am going to refer to Project Natal as the Shitbox from now on. Now we need an equally nasty name for Sony's wand. How about the dildo?

[quote name='CheapyD']My wife was sitting next to me and she disliked it too.

There is good chance that the new apt will have easy (across the street) access to a pool and small gym.[/QUOTE]

I still say you need to play it in English so you know what's going on.

Wombat whos your favorite Twisted Metal Character? Mine was axel since he was just a guy strapped to two big wheels I thought that was cool my second favorite is outlaw (TM1). Good show guys cheapyD and Shipwreck were great and wombat too have a nice weekend CAGs

Cheapy, you should go about listing the song title from now on in your show notes. I absolutely dig most of the songs you choose for the intro.

Nevermind, I'm dumb.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is completely one of the scariest kids movies of all time. I refused to watch it in middle school and most of high school. The really kicker was Violet who had to get 'squeezed'.[/QUOTE]

I thought they were saying it was scary because of the underlying pedophilia.

Cheapy, when are you going to add shipwreck's pic to the cagcast art? He seems to be a regular now.....

CheapyD vs. Wii

Seriously, Cheapy? I don't play my Wii very often, sure. But you're trying to not play your Wii. I don't understand why. House of the Dead: Overkill deserves Wombat's recommendation. It is a lot of fun especially in co-op, though you might be stuck there. New Super Mario Bros. Wii, de Blob, Wario Land, Excitebots, LostWinds are all fun games.

Twisted Metal

Wombat, did you play Twisted Metal: Head On? They put it on PS2 for $20 and it's a lot of fun.

On you guys talking about what major PlayStation franchises haven't made the jump to the PS3 you forgot to mention Ape Escape! I've been waiting to hear about the next Ape Escape for a while and I'm sure other people are waiting for a sequel, too.

Hey CheapyD, while I know you were indifferent to the Conan/Leno controversy, Howard Stern portrayed Jay Leno as a evil opportunist. He had a theory that Leno was expecting for Conan to fail on the Tonight Show, which sounds a little paranoid, but plausible. I do feel sorry for Conan though, he really got screwed over by all of this mess.

Anyway, I did think this episode was great. I totally agree with you on your point that Project Natal will NOT draw in the casual demographic. The way I see it is that the Xbox 360 really isn't a family friendly console. In my years of buying dozens of 360 games, I can't think of any kid-friendly blockbuster title on the platform. Instead, the hits that come to my mind are Grand Theft Auto, Gears of War, Halo, etc. Nintendo does have approachable titles that both new and veteran gamers can enjoy, regardless of age. That is why New Super Mario Bros. Wii did sold so many copies, even though the average Wii owner may not be all that interested in video games.

My backlog is fockin huge but it looks like I have to pick up Red Faction Guerrilla on the cheap since it was Cheapy's Game of the Year. Good show fellas.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Cheapy's Blade Runner review was dead on.[/QUOTE]

his review made me sad. i love Blade Runner (esp the Director's Final Cut)

[quote name='Wombat']But that one of five, is worth the risk. Nice post though, if you like mediocre comments.[/QUOTE]
Wombat's jokes are often so witty that you do get a long pause as Cheapy's (and my) brain try to process them. They most always end in a laugh though.

Another mediocre show by legendarily mediocre trio.

I didn't say any of those PSP games should be Shipwreck's game of the year, but that there were qualities releases that Shipwreck ignored when he said no good PSP games came out in 2009.

As for Shadow Complex, you just select New Game when you go to continue and you start from the beginning at the same level you left off at. As for the bugs, I knocked guys through wall with melee, robots and enemies would easily get caught on walls and start violently shaking, and a barrel even rolled over me and I had to reload my save since nothing got it off of me. If you played for achievements, it required a few playthroughs to get everything.

I think the Giant Bomb guys get paid by WhiskeyMedia, which they answered in a video of their PAX presentation.

I like how Wombat shit on Calling All Cars for having only a few maps while PAIN is his favorite PS3 game of all time.

Twilight Princess wasn't bad, it was just kind of boring and had nothing new that was worth playing it for. It's good that Nintendo's going back to the drawing board and figuring out what a Zelda game really should be.

Good show.

Avatar will be one of the first Bluray 3D movies coming out this year. The previous decade was all about HD, this decade seems to be about 3D HD. The recent CES showcased 3D tvs for your home. Hey Wombat, exercise bike, really? Nobody uses those things after the first month of buying them, save your money. Ship, South Park is still great, you can watch all the episodes uncensored online www.southparkstudios.com . I'd also highly recommend SQUIDBILLIES on cartoon network if you like funny adult cartoons.

Good show, I agree with everyone's opinion on the Vitality Sensor and the Shitbox, and Cheapy's review of Twilight Princess. It was an ok game that was overrated because it was a Zelda game.

bread's done
Back