Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Card $30 at Wal-Mart or $27 after BCB

dabomb505

CAGiversary!
Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Card

http://www.walmart.com/Xbox-12-Month-Gold-Card/ip/11070919

Free Site to store shipping or regular shipping is $3.97. No tax due to it technically being a gift card in their system.

Search Bing.com with the keyword "Sony HDTV or WalMart" and get 10% cashback at Wal-Mart

EDIT: Keyword Sony not working anymore. Try "Sony HDTV or WalMart". When that dies, try other combinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I'm glad I waited.
Being from NY Amazon was charging me sales tax (although I'd have free shipping via Prime) but for whatever reason Wal-Mart is not charging tax so it's a much better deal for me.

It may be worth pointing out that they've got 4000 Microsoft Points for $45, which after 10% Bing Cashback makes it $40.50, versus $44.99 at amazon. Free shipping site-to-store with that as well.

Question: do you get charged tax on Microsoft Points? Even with that, the deal is better then amazon for most people.

Every time I have something shipped to Walmart for Site 2 Store I end up waiting there for 15min while 20 employees walk by and ask if I need help. When I reply 'yes' they just keep walking and ask me again in a few minutes.

I've tried 3 times over the past 3 years, about once a year, thinking they have to be better at it now but they never are! Maybe it's just the store by me...

Paid $35 for card from Amazon. The closest Wal-Mart is several miles away from me and it would cost me $2+ in gas/wear-and-tear to make a separate trip. Great deal, though, esp. if you have other business at the store or nearby.

Placed the amazon order yesterday but was able to cancel. Plus had a walmart giftcard so I only paid $5. Woot!

Search Bing.com with the keyword Sony and get 10% cashback at Wal-Mart?

Is there a link you have to click after doing this?
All I see are 4% walmart links when I search for Sony

I am having trouble finding this 10% cashback business.... I see 4% when looking at the listed stores and finding walmart (which is still better than nothing) but not 10%.

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']I am having trouble finding this 10% cashback business.... I see 4% when looking at the listed stores and finding walmart (which is still better than nothing) but not 10%.[/QUOTE]

I think if you click the one that says "Sony HDTVs" for Walmart.com, it counts for all of Walmart.com.

I think I am just going to go for the 4% and get the card anyway because I have had a 360 since March (Resident Evil 5 bundle thing) and the only times I have gone online were to use my Silver membership just to check out random crap. I also only could go online when I borrowed my nephew's wireless adapter. Totally buying an ethernet cable today as well (monoprice here I come)

[quote name='tolonen']Every time I have something shipped to Walmart for Site 2 Store I end up waiting there for 15min while 20 employees walk by and ask if I need help. When I reply 'yes' they just keep walking and ask me again in a few minutes.

I've tried 3 times over the past 3 years, about once a year, thinking they have to be better at it now but they never are! Maybe it's just the store by me...[/QUOTE]

Amen brotha.....I would gladly pay an extra $5 and have Amazon ship it to me than save the $5 and have to deal with Wal Mart and its so called customer service.......Keep the change you filthy animal.

Grabbed one. I don't know if I did the Bing cashback thing right (it's not showing up in my cashback account, but I don't have access to my e-mail right now and the site says that can happen if I haven't activated the cashback account yet). No big deal if I screwed something up, $30 is still a good price.

$35, do I hear $30....$30 at Walmart, do I hear $25....$27 with Bing Cash Back... can I get a $24 here?

I love the auctioneer feel of these threads. I'm holding out for lower, because I'm a cheap bastage and refuse to pay for online services. $30 is tempting though. Thanks OP.

I hope I did the cashback thing right, I clicked on a link for Walmart and it said I'd be saving 10% during my visit. There was some business about getting your money back instantly if you use Paypal so I used that. Crossing my fingers.

If you order to store to pick up, how soon can you pick it up? Like I'm sure the store actually has them to pick up but do I need to wait till they ship some to the store?

[quote name='aspower']$35, do I hear $30....$30 at Walmart, do I hear $25....$27 with Bing Cash Back... can I get a $24 here?

I love the auctioneer feel of these threads. I'm holding out for lower, because I'm a cheap bastage and refuse to pay for online services. $30 is tempting though. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever seen it less than $30 (in fact, this might be the first time I've seen it less than $33-35). You might be waiting awhile :p

[quote name='Denbo32']If you order to store to pick up, how soon can you pick it up? Like I'm sure the store actually has them to pick up but do I need to wait till they ship some to the store?[/QUOTE]

Mine said it would arrive Tues 1/26. So I assume they ship to the store (which seems idiotic to me, but whatever). I'm not in a hurry though so might as well save the $3 (still have one unused, figured I'd grab this as a backup for when that runs out)

My issue is Walmart isn't really close to where I live. But I was driving to where there is a walmart. I dunno if it worth ordering at 33, it most likely is.

I ordered one from Amazon yesterday... I can't cancel the order because the item is "shipping soon." I should have waited. Well, at least it saves me the gas and time of actually having to go to the store, so i'm not that displeased. Yay optimism.

If it ships to the store from the website distro then that kind of defeats the purpose of it all... As an example, you can order something from Lowe's to be available for in store pickup within 30 minutes. I know Wal-mart is all bass-ackwards with nearly everything concerning B&M vs website relations but still... It shouldn't take 9 days for them to get 1 item off of the shelf and have it ready to be picked up. Mine was also listed with an "Estimated Arrival Date - Tue 1/26/10 to Mon 2/1/10" :whistle2:s

Just think of the online and offline Walmart as 2 separate entities. Then it all makes sense.

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']If it ships to the store from the website distro then that kind of defeats the purpose of it all... As an example, you can order something from Lowe's to be available for in store pickup within 30 minutes. I know Wal-mart is all bass-ackwards with nearly everything concerning B&M vs website relations but still... It shouldn't take 9 days for them to get 1 item off of the shelf and have it ready to be picked up. Mine was also listed with an "Estimated Arrival Date - Tue 1/26/10 to Mon 2/1/10" :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

It's probably some sort of stock guarentee. For example, if you ordered something online for store pickup, and they only had one in-stock at the store, that item could be sold before you get there.

Of course, they could just hold the item for you... But I suppose that would be too easy :p

But yeah, the whole thing is dumb. Like I said, I'm not in a hurry so I don't care. But it would be nice if I could just stop there this weekend to pick it up rather than having to wait for that date range. Or maybe that date range is bogus and it will be available before then :p

[quote name='Warlock82']I don't think I've ever seen it less than $30 (in fact, this might be the first time I've seen it less than $33-35).
Really? I haven't paid over $30 for XBL in years. A lot of times you'll see it go like this. Amazon, NewEgg, Walmart, BB will all have it for $30 at the same time. Old XBL cards I have seen go way cheaper on clearence.

is did the 10% thing but it doesnt show up. when will it show up? i am in the checkout with the pay tab and it still says $30

[quote name='tolonen']Every time I have something shipped to Walmart for Site 2 Store I end up waiting there for 15min while 20 employees walk by and ask if I need help. When I reply 'yes' they just keep walking and ask me again in a few minutes.

I've tried 3 times over the past 3 years, about once a year, thinking they have to be better at it now but they never are! Maybe it's just the store by me...[/QUOTE]

tell me about it, i returned an item with the employee not saying a word. No "how you doing," "what can I do for you," "thanks," etc. I wanted to report her, but I would have felt bad if she was a mute.

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']If it ships to the store from the website distro then that kind of defeats the purpose of it all... As an example, you can order something from Lowe's to be available for in store pickup within 30 minutes. I know Wal-mart is all bass-ackwards with nearly everything concerning B&M vs website relations but still... It shouldn't take 9 days for them to get 1 item off of the shelf and have it ready to be picked up. Mine was also listed with an "Estimated Arrival Date - Tue 1/26/10 to Mon 2/1/10" :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

They're not that smart. They don't pick it off the shelf. They ship it to the store in a big box.

[quote name='Wickedsoul']Great deal! thanks

For those having trouble getting the 10%. I typed "Sony HDTV Walmart" into the bing search. Then it came up as one of the top two options all the way at the top of the page.

Here is a screen shot.

http://www.screencast.com/t/MDc0YTc5N

thanks for the post OP[/QUOTE]
Thank you but I did that and when I go to the checkout it is still 30 so is there somrthing I am missing?

In for one as well. Had to burn a GC. I went with shipping because I hate going into filthy Wal-Marts. With tax and shipping it isn't nearly as hot but I tried to use Bing so maybe that will help. :) Thank you OP.

I dislike the whole "think of them as two separate entities" thing. It screwed me out of getting some price match deals. Best Buy and various others PM their own sites but Walmart ... ugh. So annoying with policies that seem to make little to no sense.

[quote name='bubbaloumcc']Thank you but I did that and when I go to the checkout it is still 30 so is there somrthing I am missing?[/QUOTE]

The price at checkout is still going to be $30. Bing takes what you ordered gets 10% off that and they will mail you a check once you reach a minimum of $5 saved. Its not an instant discount.

[quote name='Wickedsoul']Great deal! thanks

For those having trouble getting the 10%. I typed "Sony HDTV Walmart" into the bing search. Then it came up as one of the top two options all the way at the top of the page.

Here is a screen shot.

http://www.screencast.com/t/MDc0YTc5N

thanks for the post OP[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the screen shot.
Future reference...Disable add blocker

bread's done
Back