Best Debit Cards & Banks? Especially for Young Adults...

Torque

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
First of all. I'm not a retarded adult, i'm a young student eager to learn more about financial literacy. I do have a job and a standard checking account at Bank of America. I was wondering about a few things.
1) should i switch my bank? i'm really starting to hate all the little bank of america crap fees.
2) What checking account would be best for a young adult/student/teen?
3) What are some good debit cards?

local banks might give you a better student checking account as they try to serve the community. they (your bank) of course will issue the debit card so you cant separate the questions 2-3.

for note, capital one credit cards are usually the easiest ones to get, with low credit limits of course. if you get a credit card account, you start building credit history, might be the way to go.

First of all, find a credit union for your checking. As a student I assume your not carrying a significant balance. If that is true the best you can do is find one that has the least amount of fees. Credit unions are ussually the best for this.

Credit cards- Forget about Capital One. As a student you should be able to get a card from a better company than cap one.

Try this site for all you ever need to know regarding credit, good and bad. Very highly recommended site by many.

http://www.creditboards.com/mambo/

Added:
If you can get a student credit card that has rewards (I don't know if there are any) pay you tuition with it. Then pay the card with your cash or the student loan you get. Just pay it within the grace period and rack up some rewards.

bread's done
Back