Amazon: Xbox 360 Elite Bundle (w/Lego Batman + Pure) $294 + $50GC

Not a price drop. Retailers are clearing the shelves for a "new" model with a larger (250GB) hard drive.

Best Buy and Newegg both offered the same deal too with their own, respective, gift cards.

Newegg is still going on:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105026

Best Buy it appears that the sale may be over. It was online and in store last week but I can't find the link any more so it may have expired. My old Xbox died on Friday so I took advantage of the Best Buy offer in store.

I don't mean to start anything but what is the point of a 250GB XBOX? I thought you couldn't really use it as a regular hard drive for storing movies/music etc? Is that incorrect? I guess it'd be more for installing the games themselves??

250 gb for the ecksbawks?

jesus christ i still have my damn 20gig.

:(

As far as storing goes, yeah you can store but you have to rip music and you cant rip movies you have to download and rent them.
The ps3 offers more freedom to the user. Microsoft would most likely offer some sort of "copy and paste" service similar to the ps3 but you may have to pay for that, if anyhting.

[quote name='Angelwatch']Not a price drop. Retailers are clearing the shelves for a "new" model with a larger (250GB) hard drive.

Best Buy and Newegg both offered the same deal too with their own, respective, gift cards.

Newegg is still going on:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105026

Best Buy it appears that the sale may be over. It was online and in store last week but I can't find the link any more so it may have expired. My old Xbox died on Friday so I took advantage of the Best Buy offer in store.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any proof at all of this upcoming 250GB console? You're the second person that's mentioned it here, both without proof. I ask because I'm literally planning on buying an elite today. If there is hard physical proof (which I cannot find), then I'll hold off. Otherwise, stop spreading the rumors.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Do you have any proof at all of this upcoming 250GB console? You're the second person that's mentioned it here, both without proof. I ask because I'm literally planning on buying an elite today. If there is hard physical proof (which I cannot find), then I'll hold off. Otherwise, stop spreading the rumors.[/QUOTE]

http://www.destructoid.com/250gb-xbox-360-elite-and-250gb-drive-coming-next--160374.phtml

Only thing I could find. Doesn't confirm it, but it's hinted at.

i think that the 360 didn't sell as well this past Christmas so all of the retailers are overstocked with 360 paraphanalia

BUT!... if they sell a new elite model with a wireless adapter integrated into it, i am going to boycott xbox live

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']i think that the 360 didn't sell as well this past Christmas so all of the retailers are overstocked with 360 paraphanalia

BUT!... if they sell a new elite model with a wireless adapter integrated into it, i am going to boycott xbox live[/QUOTE]

Whatever.

The 360 sold just fine. While I certainly like the fact Sony *finally* got their head out of their @$$ to get the competitive market flowing, I'm generally in the camp that believes the 360 has won this generation (at least against the PS3) in North America. The Wii, of course, has beaten everyone.

No matter how many more PS3s are sold, the 360 pretty much has a solid lead over the console and I just don't see how Sony can make up the gap -- face it, none of Sony's exclusives (or what's left of them) is going to create the mass dementia necessary to sell millions and millions more than the 360.

And with the rumored return of Halo in 2010, the 360 will probably continue to keep its lead.

For the US numbers (And more) check out http://www.vgchartz.com/

US Console Numbers
Wii - 65.6M
360 - 21.5M
PS3 - 12.4M

How is Sony going to close a gap of 8M? A: It won't.

Next exclusive that's probably going multi-platform? Probably Kingdom Hearts (or even FF Versus), esp. given that FF13 is looking like it'll become one of the most poorly received titles in the franchise. Square has to be thinking that it needs to make its games more widely available to ensure "strong" sales figures.

BTW, I'm not a fanboy; personally, I love the fact that marquee games are going multi-platform, and it's good for Sony to take one to the teeth this generation -- competition is good for the gamers, and odds are Sony won't be so arrogant next time around given the 360 has pretty much trounced them in many ways this generation.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Do you have any proof at all of this upcoming 250GB console? You're the second person that's mentioned it here, both without proof. I ask because I'm literally planning on buying an elite today. If there is hard physical proof (which I cannot find), then I'll hold off. Otherwise, stop spreading the rumors.[/QUOTE]

Nothing's official, but I would bet money on a 250GB bundle soon. I thought it was pretty obvious that they were planning to do so right after the holidays after their push with the MW2 and Forza (Europe) 250GB bundles. If you go back and check Microsoft's quote about it, when they announced the MW2 bundle they specifically said the 250GB HD "IS NOT" being sold separately. They never said it "WILL NOT" be sold separately. "IS NOT" was true at the time.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Whatever.

The 360 sold just fine. While I certainly like the fact Sony *finally* got their head out of their @$$ to get the competitive market flowing, I'm generally in the camp that believes the 360 has won this generation (at least against the PS3) in North America. The Wii, of course, has beaten everyone.

No matter how many more PS3s are sold, the 360 pretty much has a solid lead over the console and I just don't see how Sony can make up the gap -- face it, none of Sony's exclusives (or what's left of them) is going to create the mass dementia necessary to sell millions and millions more than the 360.

And with the rumored return of Halo in 2010, the 360 will probably continue to keep its lead.

For the US numbers (And more) check out http://www.vgchartz.com/

US Console Numbers
Wii - 65.6M
360 - 21.5M
PS3 - 12.4M

How is Sony going to close a gap of 8M? A: It won't.

Next exclusive that's probably going multi-platform? Probably Kingdom Hearts (or even FF Versus), esp. given that FF13 is looking like it'll become one of the most poorly received titles in the franchise. Square has to be thinking that it needs to make its games more widely available to ensure "strong" sales figures.

BTW, I'm not a fanboy; personally, I love the fact that marquee games are going multi-platform, and it's good for Sony to take one to the teeth this generation -- competition is good for the gamers, and odds are Sony won't be so arrogant next time around given the 360 has pretty much trounced them in many ways this generation.[/QUOTE]

lol vgchartz

the gap is not that big.

Glad the console war douchebags are still out there, fighting the stupid fight.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I don't mean to start anything but what is the point of a 250GB XBOX? I thought you couldn't really use it as a regular hard drive for storing movies/music etc? Is that incorrect? I guess it'd be more for installing the games themselves??[/QUOTE]

You can buy content from the Zune store. HD movies are quite large. But yeah, the biggest reason, though, would be for the game installs.

Too bad I bought my 2nd box right on cyber monday, those deals weren't quite as good as this.

I'd personally recommend anyone interested in getting a 360 pick one of these up, unless you're a media nut and are going to need that 250gb hard drive. ~$240 with a couple throwaway games is hard to beat.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Glad the console war douchebags are still out there, fighting the stupid fight.

You can buy content from the Zune store. HD movies are quite large. But yeah, the biggest reason, though, would be for the game installs.[/QUOTE]

Hey, most of us (hopefully) know the console war itself is a marketing gimmick --- that said, there are definitely market consequences for increased console penetration. I'm more interested in that stuff ;-)

The 360 has certainly benefited from having a higher penetration. No doubt games like Tekken, Devil May Cry and GTA had to go multi-platform due to the 360's userbase. You have to think most franchises would have stayed in Sony's camp if PS3 performed better out of the gate.

IMO, if there's one truth in technology, it's that you can never have enough HD space :)

With all my Rock Band downloads, and installing games I eat up HD space pretty fast. If MS wasn't so uptight about storing media on the HD making it impossible, they might actually sell a lot more HDs.

I don't really care about who wins what in the console wars. I'm a gamer and I enjoy my games for whatever system they are on regardless of who made it. The only reason why I haven't picked up a 360 is because of the massive failure rates, and that I don't see myself getting many games for the system.

good deal - need a new 360 - but am wondering if a price drop is coming soon - would be happy with just a arcade, which i guess is $175 at this point. hmm...decisions

[quote name='Kaiser499']massive failure rates[/QUOTE]
that is quite the serious statement there internet lad.
The way you pronounced "MASSive" as in a huge number.

lol
frankly, my 360 that i bought from 2006 is still going strong.
It e74'd on me once (summer 2008? sent it to ms and got the same unit back repaired) but after that, i still have it.
in fact, i just got out from a castle crashers game right now.

People should learn to take care of their things. i have to sweep the dust from both my ps3 and 360 sometime..;)

bread's done
Back