Amazon : Madagascar Kartz for $11.99 - PS3/360/Wii/DS

To be honest I never knew this even existed, and I hate to admit that it looks like it would be fun. Although it got a 6.8 from IGN. Then again for 12 bucks... ;)

thanks OP! very nice post...now to decide which platform..and before it sells out!

I can either get it for the Wii so my son can use the tilt control, 360 for achievements for myself, and well the PS3...idk really why I would get it on there..

Its so weird, I can't find any info about this game on xbox.com or xboxachievements.org. Its like the game doesnt even exist for the 360 ( before anyone says anything, yes I know it does exist)

yeah b/c .org has it under a different listing..alot of single achievements (51) to get to 1000. doesn't seem like a blow-out game, more daunting..

[quote name='Mike360']http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news-1411-Game-Added--Madagascar-Kartz.html ??[/QUOTE]
WTF? When I search for it I get nothing. Strange, thanks for the link though

[quote name='token2k6']yeah b/c .org has it under a different listing..alot of single achievements (51) to get to 1000. doesn't seem like a blow-out game, more daunting..[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just seen that, They have it listed as Mad Karts of Madagascar. No wonder I didnt find it. And mike was posting like I was a idiot or something.

Don't think I've owned a kart racer since Wacky Wheels for the PC. Wouldn't of bitten if I hadn't gotten my $25 amazon gc from Chase yesterday.

I have to go find my receipt so I can return the copy I got at GS. I really should be more organized with that but since it was new I didn't keep it in the case like my used.

Seriously, I bought this at GS for $19 and now that I can buy this and return it makes my gift so much better....

I got it on PS3. Only bad thing is... When I ordered it. It said it usually ships within 2-3 weeks. It was also sold by amazon got it right before they was gone.

I would bite if it was still in stock for the 360. I wonder what the multiplayer is like (if there is multiplayer) and how many people play it online.

OXM 1/2010

List it as 4 player-split screen only.

They recommend it as family friendly title, but keep your expectations inline with the price.

THE VERDICT
6.0/10.0
+ Solid, accessible kart-racing
- Glitches, and overpowered weapons affect race experience
- Limited number of original tracks
? No Kung-Fu Panda

For people buying this game for achievements/trophies keep in mind that 3 of them require a second controller and person to play them. I was trying to leave the 2nd controller idle and just use 1 controller for the co-op and it wasn't working at all.

[quote name='reddjoey']? No Kung-Fu Panda[/QUOTE]

I see why they put that, but it's still cool that it has Shrek and B.O.B. as unlockables.

You can still get it on the 360 from Amazon for $11.99, just look to the right side of the page as usual, and it's there to purchase but it will be 2-3 weeks to ship. This happens every time a good sale happens and always confuses people into thinking they're OOS. Amazon should really stop doing it like that.

Thanks OP, picked up one for 360. I saw this in Target on clearance for $20 but there was only one copy and someone had punched a hole through the stupid eco-friendly packaging.

It looks like the only one Amazon has now (for immediate shipment, anyway) is the DS version. The PS3 one is $23.98 from some other seller. However, under "other buying options" the Amazon $11.99 price is listed but it shows as shipping in 2-3 weeks (just as kerig mentioned for the 360 version). Not a big deal really to wait 2-3 weeks for this game, so I put in an order for one.

The game is sort of fun when you play with others. But for all the time they spent with the PS3/360 ports they should have made it online.

Just got the 360 version, seen this at EB Games for $20 so for $12 at Amazon it was a must buy for me....thanks for heads up!

I was able to buy a used copy at this price and have to admit that for what it's worth, it's not all that bad. The game doesn't last long and the achievements do come fast but I had a pretty good time. I'm always a fan of kart racing games so for the price you can't go wrong.

Just grabbed one for the 360...Thanks OP! I'm hoping it's at least a decent game...I'd love to have a fun kart game besides Mario Kart.

Seems like an all right deal. I'm waiting for the sonic racing game that comes out next month though. Hopefully that drops in price quick.

got this game a week ago for 19 from some credit at EB, this on the PS3 looks great and the kids love playing 4 player against each on other just like Mario Kart. for 11 bucks its a steal if you have kids. great characters, great fun.

I seen worse.

The gameplay doesn't look half bad with 4 people, and it''s still one of the few "kart" games on PS3.

[quote name='maximumzero']Are you guys really talking about buying a shitty game just for the achievements?

WTF.[/QUOTE]Its really not a bad game if you like kart racing. The Sonic game definitely looks better, and this is a far cry from Mario Kart, but totally worth it if you're a trophy/achievement whore.

[quote name='maximumzero']Are you guys really talking about buying a shitty game just for the achievements?

WTF.[/QUOTE]

It looks like it'll be at least somewhat fun. Combine that with the cheap price and a relatively easy trophy list, then why not?

bread's done
Back