What's the worst job you ever had and why?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Just curious

(and yes I'm sure this thread has happened already at some point in the past but it must have been awhile so its time for a new one)

i did data entry as a temp (it was supposed to be temp to hire) for car insurance company. i did it one day and called the temp agency and said, yeah im not going back tomorrow. literally 8 hours of typing names and account numbers.

The worst job I ever had was one of my first jobs working the stockroom for Michael's craft store. The worst part of it was cleaning the restrooms. I expected the men's room to be filthy because for some reason guys tend to piss all over everything except the urinal but the women's room... My God it was like those old ladies just went in there and exploded in the stalls!!

[quote name='Chitown021']The worst job I ever had was one of my first jobs working the stockroom for Michael's craft store. The worst part of it was cleaning the restrooms. I expected the men's room to be filthy because for some reason guys tend to piss all over everything except the urinal but the women's room... My God it was like those old ladies just went in there and exploded in the stalls!![/QUOTE]

Oh god, yes- I work at a Michael's. The women's room is ALWAYS worse. Ours is currently closed completely due to someone completely clogging 1 toilet with shit and smashing the sink completely. (Picture of sink will be uploaded on the stupid customers thread later today. ;))

While not as bad as some Chitown's job (that probably takes the cake, and it make me lol), I worked at a Halloween store when I was 16 and I hated it. My boss had me walk around the store and stare at people to make sure they didn't steal anything. I was bored out of my mind.

I worked part time for my unviersity after graduating. The problem for me was mainly the commute (which was about an hour and a half each way) and the lack of benefits (no sick/personal/holidays or health/etc). I've since moved up into a live-in position, which is far better.

Greeter/folder at Abercrombie and Fitch. I worked there for a year, went back for the holidays the next year and never turned back when I found a new job. Minimum wage, shitty discount on shitty clothes, and having to deal with pretty much nothing but demanding Mexicans that would interrupt anything you were doing. Helping another customer? They don't care. You don't pay attention to them cause you're helping the other customer? Complaint to the manager. You don't have a size they need? Too bad, its your fault.

this one.
i hate this place.
the bosses suck and are a holes.
the bene's blow and we get like 10 days off a year total (including holidays, sick, vacation)

I've only had three jobs or so, so I don't have much to go on. (I love my current job.)

Guess I'd have to go with McDonald's. Worked there in high school. Started at 15 (since they were one of the few that would hire 15-year olds).

And it wasn't even that bad a job. Some of the employees were pretty annoying, but that's mainly because they didn't take the job seriously. And complaining? My goodness, there were some complainers!

Dealing with the public/customers was actually easier than dealing with some of the management.

Either my first reporting job -- the company was full of shitheads -- or my year or so at Best Buy, when I was the bitch of the store.

I've only had a couple jobs, mostly at the same place and mostly good. My worst job would probably be my first summer job hauling tires and shit at Sears Auto. It wasn't too bad most days really, just getting tires off of shelves most of the time, worst was if I had to restock a ton of car batteries. But then every Tues or Weds (I forget) was tire delivery day and I had to stock 50 tires or so on shelves up to 20 ft in the air. The guy who was working there before me had been doing it for years and was a fucking machine (Russian dude named Boris, no shit) and helped out a few weeks, but when I had to do it by myself it took forever, 2 days at least. I worked about 7 hours a day 5 days a week, so it was basically 2 days of hell and 3 days that weren't too bad. At least I got paid better than minimum wage at the time ($7.50/hr I think).

washing dishes back in baltimore. i hated washing dishes and cleaning for 8 hours or more. i worked overnight as a grocery stocker at walmart from 10 p.m-7a.m and i liked that job more then washing dishes.

My first job was weedwacking for the city. They paid me less than minimum wage, I started at 5 am, I held a weedwacker for 8 hours, and I couldn't stop shaking for a few hours after I got home. I lasted a week and worked for McDonalds instead.

Worked in a small saw mill for a couple months one summer. Sucked, it was hot as hell as it was under a tin roof, and it was hard work rolling wood around (usually made either railroad ties or fence posts), shaving bark off the edges, shoveling saw dust etc.--all in the heat with saw dust everywhere.

I worked at as a cashier in a hospital giftshop when I was 15-16. It wasn't too bad. I had to stock the selves and the stockroom, ring up purchases, and deliver balloons, flowers, and other stuff if they needed me to. I was mostly free so I just read magazines that they had in the giftshop and played basketball with a nerf basketball set that they had. Sometimes though when they were short staffed, they made me discharge people from the hospital so I had to wheel them out on a wheel chair.

This one time this really fat lady was getting discharged and I had to wheel her out. The wheels hardly moved under her weight so I had to use all my strength to push her out. A few minutes into pushing her she started screaming. She said that she was getting burnt by the chair due to the friction. So, some other hospital staff people gave her a walker and helped her walk out of the hospital.

[quote name='ananag112']I worked at as a cashier in a hospital giftshop when I was 15-16. It wasn't too bad. I had to stock the selves and the stockroom, ring up purchases, and deliver balloons, flowers, and other stuff if they needed me to. I was mostly free so I just read magazines that they had in the giftshop and played basketball with a nerf basketball set that they had. Sometimes though when they were short staffed, they made me discharge people from the hospital so I had to wheel them out on a wheel chair.

This one time this really fat lady was getting discharged and I had to wheel her out. The wheels hardly moved under her weight so I had to use all my strength to push her out. A few minutes into pushing her she started screaming. She said that she was getting burnt by the chair due to the friction. So, some other hospital staff people gave her a walker and helped her walk out of the hospital.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, really fat people at the hospital are usually an awesome form of entertainment. That, and really, really angsty.

worked on a Ford Assembly line for a couple years while finishing up college. Hardest work ive ever done, minimum 10 hour days, 115 degrees in the plant on most nights in the summer, felt like a caged animal walking in a circle throwing in heavy ass seats on explorers, back is still messed up from the work.

I've only had 4 jobs in my life and none of them have been terrible.

My first job doing data entry for the USPS wins I guess by being the lowest paying and having no benefits. But even then I was making about $12 an hour to do data entry during a time when about $7 an hour was the norm for similar jobs. It was boring but hardly a bad job. I even could set my hours and workdays as long as I worked 25 hours a week.

My most stressful was writing contracts for the Army. Deadlines deadlines deadlines and a lot of negotiating/dealing with people that isn't really my forte. But I can't really call it a bad job since I had decent benefits, good pay, and would basically have to murder someone to get fired.

I love my current job.

My first job out of college was working in a lab for a research company. Part-time, low pay, and no benefits. I spent most of my hours taking vital signs, collecting blood and urine samples (and the occasional poop sample :( ), and packaging them to be shipped out.

bread's done
Back