B2G1 360 platinum hits at BestBuy.com: $15-$40 each w/FS

Seems like some titles are missing, right? Anyway, still a good deal but is this online only?

Edit: And then I notice that you said "bestbuy.com".

I didn't know that there was a Platinum Hits version of Resident Evil 5....

Anyone know if this is this the Xbox 360 version of the Gold Edition or is the Xbox getting 4 different versions of Resident Evil 5? (Collectors, Standard, Platinum, Gold)

The ad on the Dashboard shows more/other games too that don't actually seem to be included in the sale at bestbuy.com, at least for now. Some games advertised but not included (?!) are: Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie N&B, Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, Burnout Paradise, Sonic Unleashed, and more.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I didn't know that there was a Platinum Hits version of Resident Evil 5....

Anyone know if this is this the Xbox 360 version of the Gold Edition or is the Xbox getting 4 different versions of Resident Evil 5? (Collectors, Standard, Platinum, Gold)[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, there isn't.

This "Platinum Hits" version isn't at a discounted price. I bought a copy of RE5 yesterday, regular cover, for $40, and it rang up as the Platinum version. No idea why they call it that.

Keep in mind that Fable 2 is likely the regular edition. The picture, price, and product information, except for the title, all point to it not being the PH version. People who went to pick it up in store were unable to get the Platinum Hits.

Wow, I own 16/25 of those games. I need to go outside more. Fortunately I have no interest in the others, but thanks anyway OP!

Has anyone heard if they are plannin' to update this list? Seems some of the titles listed through the dashboard are not on here.

[quote name='neoKEN']It's a good deal if someone only buys the $20 games.[/QUOTE]

It's best to buy all three of the same price point.
Obviously you will spend less buy buying all $20's, but you can spend even less buy not buying at all.

According to the list on the website, The SW: Force Unleashed Sith Edition works for the B2G1? Next time I work, I'll have to scan it and see if it works.

I wish there was a master list somewhere that showed what additional DLC (if any) is included on the disc in the PH releases.

For Example, Midnight Club:LA has the south central DLC which adds a bunch of achievements, Gears has all the map packs, Fable II has both expansions. But games like Army of Two and Halo Wars don't appear to have any additional DLC included. Mass Effect only has 1 of the 2 DLC packs included.

This is a good deal in theory... IN theory, if you dont own almost every single one of those games.....stupid backlog.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I wish there was a master list somewhere that showed what additional DLC (if any) is included on the disc in the PH releases.

For Example, Midnight Club:LA has the south central DLC which adds a bunch of achievements, Gears has all the map packs, Fable II has both expansions. But games like Army of Two and Halo Wars don't appear to have any additional DLC included. Mass Effect only has 1 of the 2 DLC packs included.[/QUOTE]That's a good idea. I would like to know what's included in the Halo 3 PH.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']quit spammin punk, get your own website![/QUOTE]

Just trying to help fellow cags get a better deal. Best Buy is a total rip off. But users such as yourself can just ignore, you're obviously not interested in saving money like the rest of us.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What does a game trading website have to do with this topic? Nothing at all. Take your spam elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

How does finding a video game deal on Best Buy or on a trading site that has the same games at BETTER deals not part of this topic? Hmm...

Note to future posters: I don't work for this site, I'm just a member spreading the word. Why are you on this thread? Because you're looking for a good deal on video games (same exact reason this entire site was created) and I'm giving you a site that has even BETTER deals! What's so confusing about this...?

You didn't post anything about getting a better deal. You posted some random website that is trying to be Goozex. This thread is about a B2G1 deal on 360 PH. If you're "helping" us get a better deal, how about you actually point it out? Oh, because you're too busy advertising a site you clearly have some vested interest in, because you're spamming a thread about them, and you've got their name and logo plastered on your profile.

[quote name='Ultra Woody']Just trying to help fellow cags get a better deal. Best Buy is a total rip off. But users such as yourself can just ignore, you're obviously not interested in saving money like the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

You should start your own thread, as is customary to forum protocol. Thats all there is to it, now get lost f-tard. ...Oh wait, your threads keep getting shut down, thats why you need me and my awesome deal.

edit:
gwaahahaahahaha, peace.

OT posts pertaining to other sites have been removed. Please don't clutter this thread with OT posts that have no bearing on the topic at hand, this B2G1 deal at Best Buy.

Just wanted to note here that I bought the "Fable 2 Platinum Hits" version from best buy.com the other day and they shipped the regular version. Just an FYI in case it matters to anyone thinking about buying it as one of their games.

for me this deal is crap i beat all d good titles, and what is with a "platinum hit" being 40 dollars that is complete madness. If a game is a platinum hit i will not pay over 20 ever

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']That's a good idea. I would like to know what's included in the Halo 3 PH.[/QUOTE]

I looked around and found an unmaintained list on x360a that details what additional content is included in some of the PH versions of games here. It is missing some of the recent additions so it is of limited use.

Here is a thread that has all games with over 1000 gs in a game, and what DLC packs contain the extra achievements. There is also some info in the 2nd post that gives cheap ass ways to acquire some DLC in other releases of certain games.

I decided to put together a better list from what was posted for reference though and here is the quick and dirty info:

Army of 2 - no DLC included
Banjo Kazooie - TBD
Burnout Paradise - Ultimate Box includes Party Pack (Europe only)
Crackdown - no DLC included
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - no DLC included
Fable II - both DLC packs included
Fallout 3 - DLC not included
Gears of War - all map packs included
Halo 3 - TBD, but probably nothing considering all maps are included with ODST
Halo Wars - both DLC packs are included
Left 4 Dead - Survival pack included, Crash course not included
Marvel UA - "Gold" version has all DLC, PH also has DLC characters and allows you to get full 1250gs in game.
Mass Effect - 1 DLC pack included (Bring down the sky)

Midnight Club: LA - South Central DLC included
Ninja Gaiden II - Mission Mode pack is included
Saints Row 2 - no DLC included
SW: Force Unleashed Sith Ed. - all DLC included
Tom Clancy's GRAW - no DLC
Tom Clancy's GRAW 2 - no DLC

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DypaehC']Marvel UA Platinum doesn't have the extra content and Left 4 Dead Platinum doesn't have all DLC. Inaccurate.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, Left 4 Dead does include the survival pack, but it doesn't look like it includes Crash Course.

As for MUA, the first list I linked to says the PH version does include the extra characters, but the other list says the "Gold" version only.

I'll edit my post.

picture.php

I just want to point out that on BB website says the platinum hits are just 19.99-29.99. If someone wanted to goto the trouble they might be able to get someone to honor this or atleast BB customer service to. It is false advertisement afterall.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']
picture.php

I just want to point out that on BB website says the platinum hits are just 19.99-29.99. If someone wanted to goto the trouble they might be able to get someone to honor this or atleast BB customer service to. It is false advertisement afterall.[/QUOTE]

man this store does nothing right lately.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Burnout Paradise - Ultimate Box includes Party Pack[/QUOTE]
The Ultimate Box for the 360 (and PS3) is Europe only.

[quote name='jamesbrown']for me this deal is crap i beat all d good titles, and what is with a "platinum hit" being 40 dollars that is complete madness. If a game is a platinum hit i will not pay over 20 ever[/QUOTE]This.
fuck Best Buy

[quote name='jamesbrown']for me this deal is crap i beat all d good titles, and what is with a "platinum hit" being 40 dollars that is complete madness. If a game is a platinum hit i will not pay over 20 ever[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. RE5 should be $20.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I looked around and found an unmaintained list on x360a that details what additional content is included in some of the PH versions of games here. It is missing some of the recent additions so it is of limited use.

Here is a thread that has all games with over 1000 gs in a game, and what DLC packs contain the extra achievements. There is also some info in the 2nd post that gives cheap ass ways to acquire some DLC in other releases of certain games.

I decided to put together a better list from what was posted for reference though and here is the quick and dirty info:

Army of 2 - no DLC included
Banjo Kazooie - TBD
Burnout Paradise - Ultimate Box includes Party Pack
Crackdown - no DLC included
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - no DLC included
Fable II - both DLC packs included
Fallout 3 - TBD but probably nothing included
Gears of War - all map packs included
Halo 3 - TBD, but probably nothing considering all maps are included with ODST
Halo Wars - TBD, but unlikely
Left 4 Dead - Survival pack included, Crash course not included
Marvel UA - "Gold" version has all DLC, PH version TBD, but unlikely
Mass Effect - 1 DLC pack included (Bring down the sky)
Midnight Club: LA - South Central DLC included
Ninja Gaiden II - TBD, but probably none
Saints Row 2 - no DLC included
SW: Force Unleashed Sith Ed. - all DLC included
Tom Clancy's GRAW - no DLC
Tom Clancy's GRAW 2 - no DLC[/QUOTE]
Thank you for putting together this list.

yeah, for everyone wanting to know if this works in stores (formerly myself too) just check out the sticky for next weeks ad...the deal will work in the store then. And as we all know, brace yourself for a possible B2G1 glitch!! :D

[quote name='Skoad']The Ultimate Box for the 360 (and PS3) is Europe only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks updated the list.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Thank you for putting together this list.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Hope the list helps everyone. If I get more info on any of the other platinum hits I'll add it.

I bought Assassin's Creed last week but haven't opened it.

So I plan on going in store tomorrow and getting in on this deal. Assassins' Creed with Bioshock. The third game will be either Mass Effect or Bad Company. Still haven't decided....

In BB's defense over the price of Resident Evil 4, not many places seem to have it for $30. I just looked on Amazon and Newegg, and it's $37 on both sites. I am thinking this is a title that just got the PH tag, and stores haven't apparently caught. It is listed at $30 on Xbox.com

[quote name='DypaehC']Marvel UA Platinum doesn't have the extra content and Left 4 Dead Platinum doesn't have all DLC. Inaccurate.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I found a copy of the MUA Platinum hits and it says that it does include all characters and the ability to get 1250 gs on the game, so I guess your post is the one that was Inaccurate.

I have updated my list.

bread's done
Back