Dead Space: Extraction Wii $17.99 (YMMV)

GrendelPrime999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't posted a deal here before, so hopefully this is the right way to do it, but I got Dead Space: Extraction for Wii at Toys R Us yesterday for $17.99.

I haven't verified with other locations and their site has it for $29.99, so YMMV... This was at the La Mesa (in San Diego, CA) location on 01-20-10.

Dang, this game must have REALLY bombed. XD I'm not complaining, though. If I could find a copy for $18 I would get it, too. Of course, conveniently enough, though, I have NO TRU near me. :/ Thanks anyway, OP!

I'll have to look into this. I'm not really hyped about the game, but I'd bite for $18.

Thanks, op.

ill be at my tru today to check

edit: i can confirm this at austin, tx.

here's the deal.

all stickers say $29.99 - nothing in store tells you its on sale. I scaned it and it rang up as $17.99, but it expires 1/21/10. That is today so get your butt down there now if you want it!

Last edited by a moderator:
18 Bucks is a great deal! This game didnt get a lot of hype but ive seen many reviews saying that its the best light gun game on the Wii. Also heard this is a great co-op game. Hope my toys-r-us has it for that price.

It's a good game (I picked it up for $20 at GameStop last month) but not exactly the high intensity shooter I wanted. It's moody and atmospheric, which is good, but there's a lot of in-game story which drags down the gameplay. Anyway, a different approach to the light gun genre - which I respect - but I still prefer Overkill.

Just picked one up at the Hagerstown, MD TRU for $18. Thanks OP! There were a few other Wii titles for 40% off also, but all I can remember are Wario Land Shake It and the new Scene It (not the Twilight one). Maybe Bakugan also, not sure.

Picked one up in Fort Wayne, IN. Thanks OP!

[quote name='DeskLaser']Just picked one up at the Hagerstown, MD TRU for $18. Thanks OP! There were a few other Wii titles for 40% off also, but all I can remember are Wario Land Shake It and the new Scene It (not the Twilight one). Maybe Bakugan also, not sure.[/QUOTE]

What was the price on Wario Land Shake It? I didn't have time to look around unfortunately.

[quote name='placebo3369']It's a good game (I picked it up for $20 at GameStop last month) but not exactly the high intensity shooter I wanted. It's moody and atmospheric, which is good, but there's a lot of in-game story which drags down the gameplay. Anyway, a different approach to the light gun genre - which I respect - but I still prefer Overkill.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing through it right now. It certainly is a cool approach to light gun games but man, there's of talking. I thought it was going to be a bit more action packed.

This is too good of a series to waste away on the Wii. Dont get me wrong, I love my Wii, but adult games simply do not sell on it whatsoever! As great a game as Dead Space is for 360/PS3, Im kind of glad it bombed on Wii so EA will keep it on the consoles that deserve it. In the time it took to make this game, they could have just thurned it into a sequel/prequel for the other systems. Oh well. Nice price though!

[quote name='DeskLaser']Just picked one up at the Hagerstown, MD TRU for $18. Thanks OP! There were a few other Wii titles for 40% off also, but all I can remember are Wario Land Shake It and the new Scene It (not the Twilight one). Maybe Bakugan also, not sure.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I didn't really want to go down to Hagerstown today, but if they're in this, I might as well make the trip.

Shake it and Scene it too? Can anyone confirm what other titles? I might get Bakugan for a friend if thats on list.

Just got back, and I can confirm that this is a legit sale, signage and all. As others mentioned, though, it ends today (apparently has been running since the 14th, I think).

Aside from Dead Space, I saw Bakugen, Wario Land Shake It, Scene It, SimAnimals (or Zoo, not sure), and Shaun White.

All 40% off. Ran the gamut from $17.99 to somewhere in the $20s for Wario Land.

Just got mine at the Owings Mills Maryland store.
Thanks for the tip GrendelPrime999!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TortillaSoup']I'm playing through it right now. It certainly is a cool approach to light gun games but man, there's of talking. I thought it was going to be a bit more action packed.[/QUOTE]

And that's why it didn't sell well. I love Dead Space as much as the next guy but when i think rail shooter/light gun, i just want to shoot things quickly and blow a lot of shit up.

Thank you very much for the head's up on this. Got it at my local TRU, and the clerk called his friends to get their copies before they closed. Happiness was shared this evening. :)

[quote name='drktrpr1']Is the SKU universally $18? This is a great price. Can anyone else prove that this isn't YMMV?[/QUOTE]
No, it is not. I was at TRU today here in Jersey and the game was around $29.99 if I'm not mistaken. Although there were other games, Bakugan, Rubik's Cube, and something else for $17.99, but Dead Space Extraction was not one of them. I am certain of it. So OP is correct for saying it is (YMMV)

[quote name='ricoraney']No, it is not. I was at TRU today here in Jersey and the game was around $29.99 if I'm not mistaken. Although there were other games, Bakugan, Rubik's Cube, and something else for $17.99, but Dead Space Extraction was not one of them. I am certain of it. So OP is correct for saying it is (YMMV)[/QUOTE]
Doesn't seem like YMMV, but more like an error in there system. The sign here said it was on sale for 40% off, $29.99 (orig. $49.99) Took it up to the front and when it rang up it was $29.99 and then took 40% off, $17.99.

Thanks a bunch OP:applause:, great find and glad I saw it an hour or so before they closed.

Woot! Just got my copy of Deadspace Extraction for $17.99.

Warioland was $29 (it's $12.48 at target....)

Samba Ai Amigo is still $5. (surprised nobody bought them)

The signs were pretty clear that this ended yesterday, so I'd be surprised if anyone finds it now. Then again, I find it weird that the signs also implied that this sale had been going on for at least a week and no one here picked up on it, far as I can tell.

Still, just to assert this... the sale is over, but I really don't think it was YMMV. All reports in this thread indicated that either there were signs and, when there weren't, the game still *rang up* at $17.99. Weird thing, to say the least.

Once again, thanks OP!

[quote name='007']... the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see this yesterday, or I likely would have bought it. Then again, I've got a huge backlog of unplayed/unopened games, and I'll likely see this cheap again in the next 6-12 months.

[quote name='brewin']This is too good of a series to waste away on the Wii. Dont get me wrong, I love my Wii, but adult games simply do not sell on it whatsoever! As great a game as Dead Space is for 360/PS3, Im kind of glad it bombed on Wii so EA will keep it on the consoles that deserve it. In the time it took to make this game, they could have just thurned it into a sequel/prequel for the other systems. Oh well. Nice price though![/QUOTE]

Definitely. I didn't understand EA's move here at all. Mature games have not sold very well on the Wii, so why publish a game that is not only about dismembering your enemies, but also from an IP that is established on the other consoles? The backstory to the first Dead Space that they were trying to flesh out would only be important to fans of the first game. Made no sense, and I knew it was going to sell poorly.

A shame it bombed. I know we all like to talk about how bad mature games do on the Wii, but let's put a little more blame on EA and the publishers than the Wii and Nintendo itself.

1) Did the Wii really need another rail shooter? Not really.

2) It didn't get half the marketing push that the original Dead Space got.

A similar thing is happening with Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. There has been a great deal of discussion (esp on NeoGAF) around Konami specifically decided to limit marketing based on perceived challenges within the Wii market. But, if you don't support your game, it won't sell, regardless of what platform it is on.

There have been mature success stories on the Wii:

1) No More Heroes sold enough for Ubi to decide to move forward with a sequel, and a 360 port.
2) Anything Capcom with zombies does well.
3) and keep in mind, no HD textures means much lower development costs.

Its not all bad. Nintendo has always played the Apples and Oranges card with its consoles ( GBA, N64 carts, Gamecube off the shelf parts [yes, I know that is an over generalization]). Its just that this gen the developers and publishers haven't figure out what type of apples all the customers want.

[quote name='profanedic']Doesn't seem like YMMV, but more like an error in there system. The sign here said it was on sale for 40% off, $29.99 (orig. $49.99) Took it up to the front and when it rang up it was $29.99 and then took 40% off, $17.99.

Thanks a bunch OP:applause:, great find and glad I saw it an hour or so before they closed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it was a price mistake. They probably meant it to be $29.99 after the 40% off $49.99, that's what the sign said. But it ended up 40% off $29.99.

[quote name='msdmoney']Yeah, I think it was a price mistake. They probably meant it to be $29.99 after the 40% off $49.99, that's what the sign said. But it ended up 40% off $29.99.[/QUOTE]

My TRU had a sign right underneath that said "Dead Space: Extraction, 40% off, $17.99" It even had the normal price listed as $29.99.

Not a price mistake.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']i'm gonna try to stop by today anyway. what do i have to lose?[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you have any luck. This is one of those deals that I'm kicking myself for missing.

[quote name='confoosious']The wii can ALWAYS use another rail shooter.[/QUOTE]

"Look! Capcom Zombies! PEW PEW PEW"

"Arrgh! Sega Zombies! PEW PEW PEW"

"Yiiiiiiii! Its EA Space Zombies! PEW PEW PEW"

"OMG! Its Princess Zelda! PEW PEW PEW... Oh. Well, shit. Guess I don't have to rescue her anymore. Let's go play some Chicken Shoot."

[quote name='ricoraney']No, it is not. I was at TRU today here in Jersey and the game was around $29.99 if I'm not mistaken. Although there were other games, Bakugan, Rubik's Cube, and something else for $17.99, but Dead Space Extraction was not one of them. I am certain of it. So OP is correct for saying it is (YMMV)[/QUOTE]

you are certain because you scanned it or you are certain because you only saw $29.99 signs around it?

[quote name='donssword']"Look! Capcom Zombies! PEW PEW PEW"

"Arrgh! Sega Zombies! PEW PEW PEW"

"Yiiiiiiii! Its EA Space Zombies! PEW PEW PEW"

"OMG! Its Princess Zelda! PEW PEW PEW... Oh. Well, shit. Guess I don't have to rescue her anymore. Let's go play some Chicken Shoot."[/QUOTE]

Are you retarded?

Does the 360 need another sports game? Of course not. But they're fun. Same with wii rail shooters.

[quote name='donssword']There have been mature success stories on the Wii:

2) Anything Capcom with zombies does well.[/QUOTE]

I head that Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop had lackluster sales on the Wii. :(

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']I head that Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop had lackluster sales on the Wii. :([/QUOTE]

Probably because it wasn't as polished as the HD console versions in terms of gameplay.

bread's done
Back