Free Screening to Movie "Hot Tub Time Machine"

karn10

CAGiversary!
Hey everybody. I saw this promoted on the Xbox dashboard a couple of weeks ago, registed for it, and just got a text about it last night. Free screening to see the movie "Hot Tub Time Machine" in your town. You can get tickets for you and one other person or you can host a screener so you get free tickets for you and 9 guests along with free soda and popcorn, free reserved seats, and a free t-shirt. I registered to host one today and got my tickets by email within the hour. They just send you one ticket for you and 9 guests so you have to arrive together. Make sure to watch your junk mail folder...that's where mine went.
Cast: John Cusack, Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke
Looks like they're all around the end of February/early March.

Link: http://eventful.com/hottub

IMDB.com movie details: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231587/

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCFPS58KYY

I've seen the trailer and it looks great, I actually do want to go see this. I signed up and It says the screening is full for my area and I will notified near the release date if there are any openings. Mine is dated for March 3rd. Is your screening happening soon?

Thanks OP! I actually wanted to see this movie as well. Free is definitely much better. I'm in NOLA currently, so I grabbed some tickets there. Also sent it to family Vegas

Awesome find, thanks OP. Just found out about the movie yesterday and was interested (big fan of John Cusack comedies). Signed up as a host for the later Seattle date as the first one was already taken.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've seen the trailer and it looks great, I actually do want to go see this. I signed up and It says the screening is full for my area and I will notified near the release date if there are any openings. Mine is dated for March 3rd. Is your screening happening soon?[/QUOTE]

Mine is for Feb. 25th. It depends on your area when it is. It looks like they're all around the last week of Feb. or the first week of March.

It's full in my area, but just some words of advice to those of you going: get there early. I went to a screening of 500 Days of Summer last year and there were about 200 people lined up. They overbook so that the theater is full no matter what.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']It's full in my area, but just some words of advice to those of you going: get there early. I went to a screening of 500 Days of Summer last year and there were about 200 people lined up. They overbook so that the theater is full no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've been to dozens of screenings over the last few years and this is generally the case. However, there are tons of variables in place. This screening has been advertised a lot on mtv.com, so expect them to give out a lot of passes. The size of the theater and whether or not it's a press event also matters. I was probably 40th in line for a screening a couple of years ago and didn't get in because it was a small auditorium and a lot of press was there. Location matters too. When I lived in Philadelphia many years ago it seemed like screenings rarely filled up. Anchorman was about 1/3rd full at a small theater. Napoleon Dynamite was completely packed, but I got seats 5 minutes before showtime.

Then I moved to a city on the west coast and there was a damn community of people who went to screenings. Half of them didn't know anything about the movies they were seeing, weren't the target audience, and would often walk out if they didn't enjoy it. They were mostly un(der)employed or retired and there were probably about 30-40 of them that showed up to every screening 2-3 hours early and saved each other seats. That rippled through casual movie goers who picked up screening passes once in awhile and pretty soon you couldn't attend one in that city unless you got there a minimum of 1.5 hours early, and even then you'd get last choice of seats.

I'll be the first to take a crap in the thread....This movie looks horrible. Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Enjoy the Show!

i got the email too and signed up to host in jaxonville fla, hosting givves you 10 reserved seats, and popcorn and tshirts for your party.

There's a showing only 2 miles away, but I try to stay away from the free-for-all showings for the reasons mentioned above. Although, I'm tempted to talk some friends into going in order to score the reserved seats. So, is anyone going with a group of CAGs?

D'oh! Everywhere in NY is out....... :cry: Oh wellz I'll pay but no stopping at the snacky wacky stand unless I mooch lol.

[quote name='USB Cable']D'oh! Everywhere in NY is out....... :cry: Oh wellz I'll pay but no stopping at the snacky wacky stand unless I mooch lol.[/QUOTE]

yup full. NYC always get bummed on every good deal.

I got tickets for the showing in Kennesaw, GA - the other Atlanta area theaters were full. Watched the trailer with my wife, who has decided that even free is too large a price to pay to see this movie. I'm going anyway.

thx op! got 2 tickets for the Palms in Vegas. there's still Hosting tickets available for the second screening at Rave. I wanted that but I have night classes on that day.

So when i signed up to be a host it said it was full, am i gonna get it or no? I'd really like to see this. especially for free!

Signed up to host in Providence. Anyone know if you need a full party for the reserved seating? I know I can get at least 4-5 friends to go with me, but I'm iffy on being able to fill 10 seats.

Got the two tickets in the email and read the fine print. All showings will be overbooked and the pass does not guarantee admission. Get there early!

Well, looks like all of LA is full. There are some spots in San Diego open, but I'm not sure if I'd make that drive. As a couple people said, get there early.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']Signed up to host in Providence. Anyone know if you need a full party for the reserved seating? I know I can get at least 4-5 friends to go with me, but I'm iffy on being able to fill 10 seats.[/QUOTE]

I doubt you will need to fill all ten. I signed up to host in cincy. So far the only info I got was an email saying to take pictures and post them on FB. I wonder when the ticket email will show up.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']First I've heard of this movie, but it actually looks kind of funny.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Got myself a few tickets. Only 2 screenings left available in Pittsburgh.

This movie looks goofy, silly, dumb. I've signed up for my two free tickets in Burbank at my fave theater, AMC 18! Thanks OP! Can't wait! :)

[quote name='nateeasy29'] So far the only info I got was an email saying to take pictures and post them on FB. I wonder when the ticket email will show up.[/QUOTE]

Make sure to watch your junk email folder. That's where mine went. If you don't get the email you can contact them and they'll send you another one. I know of someone else that emptied their junk folder before checking for the tickets so they contacted them and had no problem getting them to send another email. I think as long as you give them the name it's registered under.

Under Become a Host it says:

This screening is full, receive an alert when Hot Tub Time Machine opens near you!

Does this mean i'm not getting it even if i sign up under there?

did you guys actually get tickets emailed to you? I was able to sign up and even got a event reminder email but no tickets were emailed to me....and my screening is tomorrow
ahhhh!

[quote name='josh62488']did you guys actually get tickets emailed to you? I was able to sign up and even got a event reminder email but no tickets were emailed to me....and my screening is tomorrow
ahhhh![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the initial email we got said to print the page and bring it in as if it were a ticket.

"Please print this page and bring it with you. It serves as a ticket for you plus one guest for a free admission to Hot Tub Time Machine.
Event details:
Date: March 9th
Time: 7:30 PM
Theater name/city: AMC Danvers, Danvers
Address: 100 Independence Way"

Yup.

bread's done
Back