HD-DVDs

Finelli88

CAGiversary!
anyone know any websites where i can find cheap hd-dvds, or a store maybe, im pretty sure theyre really not sold anywhere anymore

anywhere besisdes half.com, thnx alot guys

Anyone know of a good way to tell if a thread already exists? If only there were some sort of.... i dunno, feature that could allow you to search through the forums...

Keep deal questions in the proper forums please. This is the place to post when you HAVE deals. Thank you.

HD-DVDs are going VERY cheap on Ebay. They usually run $1 (NO KIDDING!!) sealed. I don't understand why people are paying $5+ for them here when you can get them on Ebay for just a dollar.

Just do a search on Ebay under the DVD section and you'll find a whole bunch.

[quote name='GraftonWVDiskExchang']HD-DVDs are going VERY cheap on Ebay. They usually run $1 (NO KIDDING!!) sealed. I don't understand why people are paying $5+ for them here when you can get them on Ebay for just a dollar.

Just do a search on Ebay under the DVD section and you'll find a whole bunch.[/QUOTE]

Actually, when you add in shipping costs, Ebay costs 4-5 per HD-DVD also.

Do any other Frys still have the 360 drives? I know the San Diego store doesn't (unless it was well hidden)

[quote name='h0mi']Do any other Frys still have the 360 drives? I know the San Diego store doesn't (unless it was well hidden)[/QUOTE]

I was just visiting there (got stuck due to weather) and they did not nor did the next one up North.

I did see some in Seattle, WA a few months back. I hope to be able to stop by one in Houston next month.

They still show them online with store pickup available.

[quote name='h0mi']Do any other Frys still have the 360 drives? I know the San Diego store doesn't (unless it was well hidden)[/QUOTE]
You might get lucky and find one here or there, but it's a crapshoot at this point. They're $48 used at Gamestop, and probably cheaper on eBay. I'm sure people will come in here and tell you not to buy a dead format, and I'd probably agree if you don't already have a player (mainly because if it breaks, you've sunk money into something you can't play).

That said, if you've already got an HD-DVD player or can find one cheap, it's still a great way to get a lot of HD movies for dirt cheap. I bought mine shortly after the format was discontinued for around $40 with 5 or 6 movies, and I don't regret it. I've since picked up somewhere near 20 movies for about $3-5 each.

For movies, the Amazon marketplace, Half.com, and INetVideo are great places to pick up things cheap. If nothing else, Transformers on HD-DVD is $0.99 at INet, and for a dead format, it looks fantastic.

What happened to the HDDVD discussion thread, anyway? I'm still waiting for that damn Zombie movie to come out. Last I heard it got pushed back to March. Crazy.

I was asking about the drives because I was hoping Frys was going to discount them further than the ~$35 they were running but alas... no dice. (I could make use out of the xbox remote, too). None of the frys near me has them in stock for in store pickup. I wished they'd discounted them to $20... I've have grabbed 3.

bread's done
Back