Gamestop refurbished ps3?

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Has anyone had any expirence with them? Im thining about picking up at 40GB cause the price is pretty good and i really dont want to pay $300 for a new one. Also anyone know the return policy or anything on them?

thanks

You can get a 120 gig for $300 right now...I'd wait a bit.

You'd be better off buying one here or off an individual, you'll save money.

He said he doesnt want to pay $300 not that the 40gb cost $300..anyways Ive bought refurbished systems from them before,just know a lot of people dump there consoles because they A: need money or B: somethings wrong with the system so its basically a crap shoot whether or not the system is in good condition.

As for the return policy im sure its changed since ive bought a refurb,but you should be able to take the console back into Gamestop (everything that comes with it,even the box) and exchange it.

Also ask if you can test it out before you buy the console,best way to know if somethings wrong or not

thanks guys im gonna go over there soon and see what they say about it, id really like to get a new one but i dont think i can justify $300 right now, so maybe ill wait a bit

I almost got a used one from there a few weeks ago. The gamestop near my house actually has normal and informed employees (I know shocking) and the guy was literally like no, do not get one. He said a good 75% of them fail within a few months. Coincidence, maybe, maybe not?

For the extra $70, it's worth buying new in this case since you get the 1 year factory warranty from Sony, which includes free shipping.

If you buy a refurb, you're SOL and will have to pay $150 plus the cost of shipping to send it to Sony if it breaks.

i have had 2 80 gb 4 usb port ps3's come to me from gamestop and be failed or fail in the first two hours so far (great christmas present for me friend!)

The one thing I try to buy new is hardware. You never know where a console is coming from, what condition it's in. (Although there's much less risk than buying a used 360...) $300 really isn't that much since you were already willing to spend over half of that, give or take a few bucks. And if you shop for deals a new PS3 can be found for less.

I was curious about this to. I want a bc ps3 and I want to know if its even worth the risk, or if I'm just gonna get a bad console

I would advise against buying a refurbished ps3 or xbox360. Many people who sell their ps3's to gamestop don't know how to take care of them or abuse their consoles.

My friend got an almost new PS3 250GB off of Craig's List for $200. The lady had bought it for her son and he never played it and it just sat there. He's played it non stop for about three days so far and all is well. They also sold him Call of Duty MW2 on top for $20.

If you're nervous about it, you can ask for a receipt. You can also look to see if someone is selling a gift card on Craig's List or Ebay. I recommend Craig's because you can ask them to go with you to make sure the gift card is legit. (That's how I'm trying to sell my gift card now) That'll get you a discount since people with store credit/gift cards can't exchange them for cash so they're willing to take a hit on the store credit to get money in their hand.

The other option is refurbished units from Fry's which not only come with a return policy and warranty, but they also have an offchance to be PS2 BC units. (My friend picked up an 80GB and it could play PS2 games even though the box and description said that it doesn't. My other friend picked up a 40GB that played PS2 games, which leads me to believe they replace the hard drives, get them running again and throw them on the shelves without checking which firmware/model they are) Refurbished 80GB go for $239.99 and refurbished 40GB go for $229.99.

[quote name='SnatchMan']I would advise against buying a refurbished ps3 or xbox360. Many people who sell their ps3's to gamestop don't know how to take care of them or abuse their consoles. [/QUOTE]
Or it could be that they upgraded when there was a decent promo(like the current $200 for ANY PS3 trade deal.

I have to admit to being uneducated about everything about the PS3 when I first got one in 2008, since I traded my 40 gb to Gamestop last August to get a slim because the games weren't loading to the XMB as quickly as when I first got it.

Unfortunately, I later on realized that that can be remedied by doing a file restore on the system. Now I know, though I wish I had known that last year.:cry:

bread's done
Back