YAKUZA 3 (PS3) Preorders Open @ GameStop and Amazon $54.99

As much as I dislike Gamestop, that's an incredibly good deal when factoring in the exclusive DLC and $7 discount.
I still can't believe Sega is asking $59.99 for this, though. I'll pay it because I love the series, but certainly they can't expect it to sell well in MARCH, on PS3.

Thanks a lot OP and Skoad. That coupon code not only knocks $7 off the price but also adds free ground shipping. My total only came to $50 and Ill get the DLC right away.

Excellent deal.

Meh, was gonna do the GameStop deal but tax kills it for me. Comes to $52.43 with stupid 9.25% TN tax. I'll just spend the extra $2 at Amazon and use Prime shipping. Maybe they'll throw in a $10 gift card when it gets closer to release. Thanks though.

Also, if you look at the description for the DLC it says "Completed game save file required to access outfits." Kinda gay that you can't use it until you beat the game.

I'll put in my pre-order just in case. GS does not charge until the order is shipped and you can cancel easily based on my previous experiences. If amazon does a $10 GC I may just go with them. As someone before me said, it is pretty lame that you have to have a completed game save file to access some of the DLC.

Also it's just a "challenge" map. I may just beat the game and never go back to it.

I'll bite, I shouldn't but I feel obligated. I was one of the people who complained about SEGA not releasing Yakuza 3 in the US, all while knowing the poor sales the Yakuza series has had in the US.

Does anyone have a link to were I can print out the Yakuza 3 Japanese cover art? The American one looks so god damn ugly I need to cover it up with something.

Damn. Why does this have to come out the same day as FFXIII? As much as I love Yakuza and am looking forward to 3, it'll have to wait a bit.

[quote name='Sushi-X']Damn. Why does this have to come out the same day as FFXIII? As much as I love Yakuza and am looking forward to 3, it'll have to wait a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... that seems like a really bad idea. And that's not considering the fact that Heavy Rain comes out 2 weeks before and and God of War III comes out the following week. Of course, this is Sega we're talking about.

Man, what a crowed release calender.

I figured I would try to give the DEALTASTIC code a try while using in store pickup, but no go :whistle2:( You would think it costs less for them to ship it to the store anyways.

can we get a yakuza 1 and 2 pack like gow for the ps3???? that would be sweet. wanted to play the first two but to lazy to hook up the ps2 and buy the games for it.

I'm conflicted, as a Cheap Ass Gamer. I want to support the series in the US so we get 4, but I simply don't pay this much for games. Any game. Even $35 is a stop-the-presses amount for me.

I don't even have a PS3 yet, either, so I'd feel extra foolish.

[quote name='polo14player']can we get a yakuza 1 and 2 pack like gow for the ps3???? that would be sweet. wanted to play the first two but to lazy to hook up the ps2 and buy the games for it.[/QUOTE]

I think that's reserved for games that actually sold.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah... that seems like a really bad idea. And that's not considering the fact that Heavy Rain comes out 2 weeks before and and God of War III comes out the following week. Of course, this is Sega we're talking about.

Man, what a crowed release calender.[/QUOTE]

Great B-day month for me.

Glad this game got a thread, needs all the help it can get.

Good deal from Gamestop.
The bonus DLC will probably be made available for everyone free later down the road.

I guess since it's coming the same day as FFXIII I'll be able to get it at midnight. ;)

I've been keeping an eye on Yakuza 3 for sometime. Maybe they should rename it Grand Theft Auto: Japan or something to boost the sales. Oops, Sega and Rockstar aren't on the same page there.

Thanks OP. Heard good things about this. Wasn't on my radar but I'll give it a shot at this price. PS3 games retain good value and this will probably never go down in price.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Anyone know where I can get Yakuza 2 on the cheap? I loved the first one and I'll probably jump on this as long as I can get through 2 first.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you... just beat the first and really want to play the second.

Gamestop is your best bet, if you can find a used copy. I had to settle for eBay since nobody around me had it.

[quote name='estofan']Maybe they should rename it Grand Theft Auto: Japan or something to boost the sales.[/QUOTE]

NO. Jesus christ, no. That's what made the first two flop from incorrect expectations.

While I haven't had a chance to play 2 yet due to my PS2 simply not playing the disc, I'll definitely bite in this deal for the exclusive 2-player DLC.

I think I remember Blockbuster having Yakuza 2 for $10 used, maybe 15. I wish I had picked it up when I saw it but I don't remember which store it was at because there are like 15 within 10 miles of me. I think I'm gonna have to just go to one and ask them to look it up in the system. Might be worth a shot for anyone else looking for the second one.

I'm disappointed that I won't be able to play this game on Xbox 360 for achievements. I actually really enjoyed the first one back in the day when it first came out. I will probably hold out for as long as I can to wait and see if this gets ported to 360 cause I really don't care about PS3 trophies.

If you want to get part 2, best bet is at ebay because the game is kinda rare now. I bought it on ebay sealed for 30 bucks. Last copy off the seller too, got lucky. I'm actually playing it as of late because I can't wait for this one to come out.

Also, glad there is thread of this too. This game needs as most recognition that it needs. People need to play this and I really would love part 4 to come here in the US. So let it happen people!

[quote name='freshzen']I'm disappointed that I won't be able to play this game on Xbox 360 for achievements. I actually really enjoyed the first one back in the day when it first came out. I will probably hold out for as long as I can to wait and see if this gets ported to 360 cause I really don't care about PS3 trophies.[/QUOTE]

It is an awesome game, and will not be coming to 360. The only reason to do that would be for the Western audience, and it would be a lot of work on Sega's part for barely any reward.

If you own a PS3, seriously consider buying this game. It is part of an outstanding series, and could seriously use help not getting totally swallowed up by Final Fantasy XIII.
Seriously, WHO set this release date?

Sweet! I definitely will land on this deal, I missed out on Yakuza 2, but I seriously loved the first one and was sad to hear Yakuza 3 wouldn't make it to the North.. Until later on when I heard that thanks to fans crying out for an english release of this Sega finally decided to ship it out to North America.

Thanks for the heads up! :bouncy:

[quote name='KrazyGunner']N41... I'm expecting Amazon to price match this somehow...[/QUOTE]

Deal expires tomorrow so price matching would be pointless. Send Amazon an E-mail about it though, see what you can dig up.

[quote name='KrazyGunner']N41... I'm expecting Amazon to price match this somehow...[/QUOTE]

Since it's a coupon, and not item-specific, I doubt it.

Anyway, not in for Yakuza 3 right now, but thanks OP for posting the coupon code, I'd missed it elsewhere. Just used it to pre-order Sakura Wars.

Edit: Apparently the coupon is multi-use, as I was able to use it to order Lunar: Silver Star Harmony as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed this deal. Just preordered the game (52 bucks with tax in total). damn you tax! lol I want to support this game and am happy this game is getting released here in the US. Hopefully the voice work won't be too bad. :whistle2:#

[quote name='raystorm']Just noticed this deal. Just preordered the game (52 bucks with tax in total). damn you tax! lol I want to support this game and am happy this game is getting released here in the US. Hopefully the voice work won't be too bad. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
I thought it was subbed?

I just pre-ordered also! It came out a dollar cheaper than what I had it for on amazon but with the dlc content it is definitely the better choice! yay!!

bread's done
Back