Bioshock 2 Steam 4-pack Trading/Group Thread

I plan on buying the game. I have enough to buy the 4-pack before receiving any $ from anyone else. I will not, however, send the gift through steam without first receiving the $33.75 as a gift through paypal.

Send me a PM if you're in. I'll edit this post as I get more people in on this 4-pack.

maurinho_10's current 4-pack status:

- maurinho_10
-
-
-

I'm interested but if it's okay I'd like to wait until its closer to the release day to decide

or specifically until I get paid again :p

I plan on buying the game. I have enough to buy the 4-pack before receiving any $ from anyone else. I will not, however, send the gift through steam without first receiving the $33.75 as a gift through paypal.

Send me a PM if you're in. I'll edit this post as I get more people in on this 4-pack.

- maurinho_10
- freeloader105
- Salamando3000
-

Last edited by a moderator:

- maurinho_10
- freeloader105
- Salamando3000
- Gamehead

We have four people commited. I'm going to buy the 4-pack and start to send paypal requests so we can get the trades going.

Got everyone dispatched. Everything went smoothly. All you other PC Gamers out there that want Bioshock 2 on the cheap get a group and join up. This community has really matured in the time I've been around. As long as you're careful and don't trade with a bunch of first timers you'll be okay.

[quote name='maurinho_10']Got everyone dispatched. Everything went smoothly. All you other PC Gamers out there that want Bioshock 2 on the cheap get a group and join up. This community has really matured in the time I've been around. As long as you're careful and don't trade with a bunch of first timers you'll be okay.[/QUOTE]

It was a great transaction :bouncy:. Too bad I can't leave feedback just yet.

I'm in for one if someone wants to start another group. I'll have the paypal funds Wednesday most likely, so I can pay for my copy then.(waiting on payment for something on here)

I don't have enough to buy a 4 pack, but I'll jump in if someone buys one.

EDIT: we get a copy of Bioshock 1 also if we do a group, right?

The original buyer gets the Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 games. In my group only one of us already owned the game, the rest of us got a copy of the game.

I had a bug in which only two Bioshock 2 gifts appeared and one Bioshock gift appeared. Restarting Steam fixed the problem and upon restart of the application all of the copies were accounted for.

[quote name='dabamus']I'm in for one if someone wants to start another group. I'll have the paypal funds Wednesday most likely, so I can pay for my copy then.(waiting on payment for something on here)

I don't have enough to buy a 4 pack, but I'll jump in if someone buys one.

EDIT: we get a copy of Bioshock 1 also if we do a group, right?[/QUOTE]

Hey, if we can find two others, I'll gladley put in for it.

Great!

I guess I could do the paypal purchase if I get some of the money in beforehand. (I have some extra money I just got in paypal)

1. dabamus
2. Josh5890
3. ??
4. ??

Bump.

I would need about $40 via paypal to be able to make the purchase and then everyone involved could send the rest of the money after I gift them the games.

I'll pay for my share before you purchase so that we can get it going.

For those who may be interested, this is an opportunity to purchase Bioshock 1 and 2 off of Steam for only $34.75 each. The deal is that if one person pre-orders 4 copies of Bioshock 2 that they can get a great discount on the game plus four free copies of Bioshock 1. Dabamus will buy the set and then give it to us. All we need is two more people to join in and we are set with two great games. Think of it as buying Bioshock and Bioshock 2 for $17 each. Even if you have the first Bioshock $34 is still a great deal for the latest installment of the Bioshock franchise. Please post on this thread or PM if interested. Remember Bioshock 2 comes out 2 weeks from today.

Yep. Two more people here have to want a copy of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 for $33.75!

Thanks for the correction. I was thinking it was $33.75 but just went by the post above instead of the OP.

[quote name='justinbarnhill']im interested in joining a group...bioshock 1 and 2 for $33.xx sounds like a great deal to me.[/QUOTE]

Do you have paypal?

If so, do you want me to mark you down?

Yes, you do.

1. dabamus
2. Josh5890
3. justinbarnhill
4. ??

EDIT: added updated list, just need 1 more CAG

Sweet deal. When we do get another CAG in, just let me know iwhen you want me to send the cash. This is definately a good deal for us.

I just realized that this will be a good feedback builder for us, especially you dabamus ;)

[quote name='hoonu']Are you guys still looking for one?[/QUOTE]

I believe that we are still one short of a 4 pack. Do you have paypal?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I'm interesting and have paypal.[/QUOTE]

Great! We will just have to wait for dabamus since he is buying it for us I believe. I would to it but I only have enough for me. Just remember it is $33.75 for both Bioshock 1 and 2.

[quote name='timobkg']Anyone else have a group going? I'd love to get in on this. Have paypal, verified, etc.[/QUOTE]

buckythekat and hoonu seem interested so try and get something with them. You still have 13 days so there is plenty of time to get something going.

[quote name='Josh5890']Great! We will just have to wait for dabamus since he is buying it for us I believe. I would to it but I only have enough for me. Just remember it is $33.75 for both Bioshock 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! :applause:

so correct me if I am wrong but here is the list...
1. dabamus
2. Josh5890
3. justinbarnhill
4. evildeadjedi

Hopefully dabamus will be able to purchase the pack this week and we will have time to play Bioshock 1 before 2 comes out. Man I love this community.

[quote name='Josh5890']so correct me if I am wrong but here is the list...
1. dabamus
2. Josh5890
3. justinbarnhill
4. evildeadjedi

Hopefully dabamus will be able to purchase the pack this week and we will have time to play Bioshock 1 before 2 comes out. Man I love this community.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I just got off work, so I'm ready to git er dun!

I need two people to send me the $33.75 and then I can purchase it and gift out the games!

PM me if you are on the list and can paypal the money to me now. :)

Thanks!

Did you guys check out the latest sticky thread at the top of the trading forum? It says no more paypal gift payments. I'd recommend you all give dabamus more than $33.75 as a payment, or else he'll end up losing money on this deal. The moderator has a link to a website with a paypal fee calculator, you should check it out.

[quote name='maurinho_10']Did you guys check out the latest sticky thread at the top of the trading forum? It says no more paypal gift payments. I'd recommend you all give dabamus more than $33.75 as a payment, or else he'll end up losing money on this deal. The moderator has a link to a website with a paypal fee calculator, you should check it out.[/QUOTE]

T'would be nice if they could cover fees, but I never said to do gift payments. I just said I would gift the games through Steam once I got the paypal payments.

Hey guys. Sorry for the slow reply. I was waiting on a friend to let me know if he was interested or not. Looks like he wants in. If there are 2 other people, I'm willing to sell 2 copies off of our 4-pack. I have a verified paypal account as well as perfect feedback on ebay as well as a car forum I fequent. If you need references, let me know.

Send me a PM if your interested. I'm making the purchase in about 45mins and will be accepting offers on first come first serve. You can look up my ebay at http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=hootag

email me at [email protected] if you need more info

[quote name='hoonu']Hey guys. Sorry for the slow reply. I was waiting on a friend to let me know if he was interested or not. Looks like he wants in. If there are 2 other people, I'm willing to sell 2 copies off of our 4-pack. I have a verified paypal account as well as perfect feedback on ebay as well as a car forum I fequent. If you need references, let me know.

Send me a PM if your interested. I'm making the purchase in about 45mins and will be accepting offers on first come first serve. You can look up my ebay at http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=hootag

email me at [email protected] if you need more info[/QUOTE]
man I'm intrested sent you a pm...

So, I just noticed this on Steam's 4-pack site: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

May I Buy, Sell or Trade my extra copies? No. This violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement and may result in all involved Steam accounts becoming permanently disabled.

It came as a shock to me, as I would expect the 4-packs to be motivated by people coming together to buy it as a group, and not by having one person buying all the games for the rest of his buddies. Has anyone heard of Steam actually banning people for this?

Sure but how can Steam verify you bought, sold or traded an extra copy since the only transaction is sending a gift through steam? If you were dumb enough to attempt your transaction on a Steam forum then they would.

Well I decided to bite the bullet and ask Steam support. If you see a blog from me tomorrow bitching about being locked out of Steam, you will know why. I feel it's important to get clarification on this. I've spoke with Shrike about this and the Paypal Personal Payment stuff as it pertains to Steam 4-packs. The conversation I had with the Paypal rep seemed to indicate that using personal payments for those was alright, since the friends were only paying you back for their part of it. Basically, no markups allowed.

bread's done
Back