Monster Hunter Tri

KingBroly

CAGiversary!
monster-hunter-tri.jpg

The Press Release
THE PERFECT BUNDLE FOR HUNTING SEASON: MONSTER HUNTER® TRI AND WII CLASSIC CONTROLLER PRO

Bundle Will Bring the Highly- Anticipated New Controller and Popular Franchise Together for the Ultimate Monster Hunting Experience on the Wii System

SAN MATEO, CA, and REDMOND, WA, - January 25, 2010 - Capcom® Entertainment, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, and Nintendo of America today announced an exciting new bundle featuring one of the most highly anticipated titles for 2010, Monster Hunter® Tri, and combining it with the new Classic Controller Pro™ for the Wii™ system. The Classic Controller Pro's more traditional control configuration will give gamers the ultimate Monster Hunting experience when the bundle becomes available in North America this April at a suggested retail price of $59.99.

"Monster Hunter Tri has made a huge splash in the Japanese market, and we're confident the bundle with the Classic Controller Pro will give fans in North America plenty to get excited about," said Steve Singer, Nintendo of America's vice president of Licensing. "Gamers of all kinds enjoy playing games on Wii. Monster Hunter Tri delivers an incredible new experience on Wii, while the Classic Controller Pro gives players even more control options for their favorite Wii games."

The new Classic Controller Pro includes a second row of shoulder buttons and ergonomically friendly grips. The Classic Controller Pro plugs directly into the Wii Remote™ controller, and until now, has been available only in the Japanese market.

The Classic Controller Pro will be compatible with more than 450 Wii, WiiWare™ and Virtual Console™ games. The Classic Controller Pro bundled with Monster Hunter Tri will be black, while both black and white versions of the controller will also be available separately at a suggested retail price of $19.99. The game will also be available without a controller at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Making its North American debut on Wii this spring, Monster Hunter Tri is one of the most strikingly beautiful titles developed for Nintendo's Wii system. Pushing the hardware to the limit, Monster Hunter Tri depicts a living, breathing ecosystem where humans co-exist with majestic monsters that roam both dry land and brand new sub-aqua environments – a first for the series. Offering the player varied control configurations to suit their style of play, players can choose between the Classic Controller Pro, Wii Remote™ and Nunchuck™, or Classic Controller™ to slay the monsters that inhabit the world.

The Monster Hunter series has sold over 11 million units worldwide and has become a social phenomenon in Japan giving rise to training camps, dedicated festivals and numerous licensed products. According to Media Create, Monster Hunter Tri sold 520,000 units in its first week of release in Japan and became the leading title sold across all platforms for the week of its release.

For more information about Monster Hunter Tri, please visit: http://press.capcom.com

ABOUT CAPCOM
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games, including best-selling franchises Resident Evil®, Street Fighter®, Mega Man® and Devil May Cry®. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Tokyo Korea and Hong Kong, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom can be found on the company web site, www.capcom.com.

ESRB Information
Rating: Teen
Content Descriptors: Blood, Use of Alchohol, Violence
Rating Summary:
This is an action-adventure game (with role-playing elements) in which players hunt fantastical monsters in the service of a fictional village and its chief. Players complete various quests and battle dinosaurs, giant insects, and sea dragons in close-quarter combat. Players use swords, flash bombs, lances, and "bowguns" to attack the fantasy creatures. Red blood-like spurts flash at the point of impact, and a more realistic mist of blood appears when sea creatures are hit. After each monster is defeated on the ground, players have the option to carve its body to obtain resource items (raw meat, bones, pelt, etc.)—these sequences do not depict blood or gore. In the game's online lobby environment, players may sit down at a table with others and order a sake or beer; as will happen, if players drink too much alcohol, they will need to set mug-to-table and lie down on the tavern bench.

The Basic Information
Release: April 20th, 2010
MHT Cost: $49.99
CC Pro Cost: $19.99 (Available in Black & White)
MHT/CC Pro Cost: $59.99 (CC Pro is Black)

Get a Demo at Gamestop
Right now you can go to Gamestop and get a Monster Hunter Tri demo disc WITHOUT the need of a pre-order.
Evidence to take with you

Online Information
Monthly Fees: It's Free
Wii Speak Support: YES
Friend Codes: No, No and No
Types of Play: Cooperative Monster Genocide

Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-Order at Gamestop and get 500 Nintendo points and $5 off the game

Want to play with CAG's? Post your info here

Need Help? Visit the Monster Hunter Tri Wiki for information

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. It doesn't even use NWFC, but it has online play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have to pick up the bundle... for a cheap price, saving 10. I could get this for 47.99. Wonder if Amazon will dip the price lower due to a pre-order...

I'm totally going to pick up a bundle for this. I've been putting off buying a normal CC, hoping the CC Pro would be released here in the states at a reasonable cost.

As for it being free to play-in Japan its pay to play right now, and there are no friend codes. However, Capcom said they were trying to restructure online play for the US so it would be free. I've heard some people speculate that if we got free online play, Capcom would probably stick to friend codes. We'll have to wait and see.

I've spent a few minutes doing some searching and reading and trying to figure out what this game is. I'm only slightly closer to an understanding of it. What is the game? What do you do in it? I know there are monsters and dragons and a Classic Controller Pro, but is this an RPG? An action game? Something else?

[quote name='crunchewy']I've spent a few minutes doing some searching and reading and trying to figure out what this game is. I'm only slightly closer to an understanding of it. What is the game? What do you do in it? I know there are monsters and dragons and a Classic Controller Pro, but is this an RPG? An action game? Something else?[/QUOTE]

In the game you are a hunter for your village or tribe. You make your toon how ever you want, like is most WRPG games. From there you take on quests ( solo or online ) to go out and do different things( slay this monster, recover said item, or farm items though fishing, skinning , herbing, or killing. ) There is a loose plot in the game, but any story really falls into lore you will read or get though taking to differnt npcs. If you have ever played Phantasy Star Online/Universe it plays very much like those. Craft in Monster Hunter is huge, you make 95% of what you use. From armor, weapons, items, ect.

You can buy some things but they are all basic and to get anything good you will have to make it yourself. If you enjoy farming items and killing oversized dragons and other monster you will enjoy this game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I've spent a few minutes doing some searching and reading and trying to figure out what this game is. I'm only slightly closer to an understanding of it. What is the game? What do you do in it? I know there are monsters and dragons and a Classic Controller Pro, but is this an RPG? An action game? Something else?[/QUOTE]

Well let me explain it in simplest terms. As long as this game follows the PSP version's style of gameplay which is should, I can give a description. What happens is you start in a main area which is a small city sort of. This is where you get weapons, and get missions and such. Your goal is to complete missions. Missions are broken up by levels of difficulty and when you complete a level a new level unlocks with a new quest map. Each time you take a mission you go into a quest map where the monsters to kill/things to gather are. You also find items around scattered around the area/drops off the enemies to upgrade your weapons. You choose a weapon/armor and then start upgrading it whenever you get new items to do so. Each weapon/armor has it's own upgrade path.

The game is a fun game except the PSP version is fucking hard and I expect this version to be no different (except on a bigger screen which would be nice).

I for one am excited but I don't know if I will get the CC Pro bundle. It all depends if they fix the joysticks, I found them to be idk if too sensitive is the right word but very hard to use.

If you've ever played Demon's Souls, its sort of like it except a lot less hardcore. A lot more anime-ish style for the armor-set/weapons. This game is meant to be played with friends judging from PSP version, a lot of fun!

And I'm pretty sure it won't be paid-to-play in NA.

Day one purchase for me, it gets me both the game I been wanting to play since day one and a controller that will replace my old Classic one. :D

No complaints lol!

[quote name='cochesecochese']Where's that picture of Reggie shrugging? Wasn't the CC Pro never supposed to come out in The States or something?[/QUOTE]

No, they just never never gave a definite answer whenever it came up.

[quote name='Bluth Superfan']I'll be getting the white bundle.[/QUOTE]

If you read the PR, you'd realize that such a product will not exist. Only a black bundle will.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you read the PR, you'd realize that such a product will not exist. Only a black bundle will.[/QUOTE]

HaHa. You caught me. I guess I will have to go with the black one then.

Probably near the release of MH:Tri. I'm honestly really excited for this game. I'm addicted to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the PSP. Hope to play with some of you guys when this releases... Speaking of which, there really isn't a release date announced yet, but it's coming out sometime in the next few months I believe. If you question this game, you should go watch some gameplay videos and see for yourself. You'll most likely like it.

Really hope this gets purchased by many in America as well. I want Capcom to keep supporting this game in America, I would hate to see it gone from the United States. I just wish they would sell more merchandise, such as T-Shirts with the Monster Hunter Logo on it and a picture of one of the signature monsters.

There are 2 things I want to know about MH Tri first before I go and buy it.

#1 - Is online going to cost a monthly fee or not?
#2 - Wii Speak Support or not?

[quote name='KingBroly']There are 2 things I want to know about MH Tri first before I go and buy it.

#1 - Is online going to cost a monthly fee or not?
#2 - Wii Speak Support or not?[/QUOTE]

The U.S. version of Monster Hunter Tri will be absolutely free to play online unlike the Japanese version. Capcom is doing this to increase sales. Also, there will be Wii Speak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Tri

Well, Capcom-Unity says there is still no word on whether this will cost cash or not (I highly doubt it will.), but I believe there will be Wii Speak support. There is also chat support built in. This can be seen in the Japanese version of MH:Tri. So, I might just have to pick up a Usb Keyboard soon.

I'm really stoked for this game, the game does deserve a lot of credit. I think many new gamers will struggle with this game deeply, but for the Hardcore you will definitely enjoy this.

If you are NEW to the Monster Hunter Series, then there are a few things you need to know:

1. The monsters do not have life bars, you can tell when several monsters are injured, they will have weakness signs such as limping, ears folding back, or just standing there, etc.

2. To make new and better armor and weapons you need to carve the monsters for materials. Buying weapons and armor can only last you so long, but it does get expensive. So, just carve the monsters.

3. Do all the training missions first to see which weapon you enjoy the most and think are the best at. I don't know who wouldn't want to do the tutorials first who are new to Monster Hunter, but it's still a tip.

I've never played an MH game, but the positive reviews for this game and the awesome-looking controller are tempting me. The multi-player sounds interesting too. Is there local? Co-op or competitive?

The game is mostly to just hunt together, so competitive is not really there. Co-Op I think might be.

The CC Pro looks pretty sweet, and the new monsters do as well.

Does anyone know if the 2P split-screen plays online, similar to Mario Kart Wii? Or is the online restricted to a single player from each Wii?

I think it's only in Offline Coliseum mode that Splitscreen can happen. I'm not really bummed out at all by that fact, but would've been nice. No worries though.

It really looks nice, but it is mind blowingly frustrating at times. That's the only annoying thing... especially when you get stuck in a monster's annoying combo right against a wall...

Can someone help me understand this game?

It sounds like you spend time tracking and hunting monsters. When you defeat them, you get to use "monster parts" to craft new goods that make you stronger, allowing you to go after bigger and badder monsters later. Does that sound about right?

Also, I understand that this game is primarily intended to be played by groups of people online. This is where my biggest concerns (and confusion) lie:

Is there a persistent online environment?
Can you only play with friends, or can you get matched-up with random people?
Can you also play offline?
Is there local splitscreen multiplayer?
Can you play solo, or do you need other people?

If my understand of the game is correct, it sounds pretty awesome. The WiiSpeak support is a nice bonus, and the game seems very well made. My only worry right now is that I don't play online much and might not have friends interested in playing together. Would that detract from the game too much?

No persistent online world
You can play with friends
You can play offline
You can play split-screen, but to what extent, I don't know
You can play by yourself

[quote name='KingBroly']No persistent online world
You can play with friends
You can play offline
You can play split-screen, but to what extent, I don't know
You can play by yourself[/QUOTE]

Excellent - thanks for the quick summary. As long as offline single-player is possible this game will remain in my "must buy" list.
:D

I hope they put out a bundle here as well with the Wii speak, and the new controller. Would save a little time in tracking down a Wii speak.

I think you can play with random people as well Kingbroly, and whoa nice a Wiispeak bundle! But I think I'd rather play with a USB Keyboard instead, since mostly people will be raging while playing the game, lol.

Sorry, for double posting, but.... I think the game is coming out April 20th, at least according to Amazon's Date.

Yay, hopefully it's sooner, if not, well.... bawww. I like how this game is a bit different from the other games, since they don't reuse many of the same monsters from the other ones, but instead create a new environment and setting for the player. An example would be the loss of the -prey's, now we have Jaggis. But, I am glad to see they left Rathalos and Rathian in the game, they are pretty much the flagship monsters of Monster Hunter.

9:57: Monster Hunter Tri will be bundled with the new classic controller pro in America. The controller is on display at the event. Nintendo also announces: Monster Hunter Tri will offer free online play in North America. "We can confirm that compatibility with the WiiSpeak accessory will be enabled with the release." And finally, Nintendo announces a partnership with GameStop to release an exclusive demo disc of the game to the retailer on March 8. Big news. Dust off your WiiSpeak, people.

curtosey of: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071620p1.html

I know this news has already been posted within the Nintendo Summit meeting thread, however I believe this deserved a thread of its own considering quite a few people who I have been chatting with will use this information in aiding them on whether to purchase Monster Hunter Tri or not. Also the information is buried within the large amount of information released by Nintendo in general and could have been missed.

Well there it is folks finally announced and official Monster Hunter Tri will be free to play within North America.

Glad I got my pre-order all set with Gamestop when they had the 15% off deal going on :).

We got this info covered in the Nintendo Summit thread, plus we have a thread for Monster Hunter Tri already, but thanks.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/02/24/monster_hunter_tri_demo__pre-order_clarification

It seems that with all of the internets talking about Monster Hunter Tri, some information needs to be cleared up.
First of all, if you pre-order Monster Hunter Tri from Gamestop, not only do you get $5 off instantly, but you will also receive a Wii Points card worth 500 points.
Second, and most important: the Monster Hunter Tri demo (which will be available to pick up in Gamestop stores starting March 8th) will be free to all.
No pre-order required
. Just head on over to Gamestop on that date and pick it up. If you like it, then we can hope that you'll pre-order it :)
I hope that clears things up!

bread's done
Back