Amazon - Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition Guide - now $17.99 (47% off)

buckythekat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Collectors-Prima-Official/dp/0307467082/

pretty damn good deal

now I just have to call them since they already shipped my copy at the old $19.79 price point :bomb:

edit: note for anyone else who already ordered it and had it shipped, they are required to adjust the price for you due to the Pre-order Price Guarantee

personally I just don't like waiting for them to do it automatically nor really trust them to either, but the guide doesn't officially release until tomorrow

better than when they dropped the Dragon Age Collector's Guide price the day of release and I had to explain to the lady that their guarantee covered through the end of release day

Last edited by a moderator:
they should automatically adjust the price for you in couple hours, I usually get an email saying I've recieved a refund.

[quote name='CaptainCaputo']they should automatically adjust the price for you in couple hours, I usually get an email saying I've recieved a refund.[/QUOTE]

I'll give them until the afternoon, and as a precaution I took a screenshot of the $17.99 price

I was debating on getting one when I saw IGN is going to have their guide up tomorrow.

In your opinions is this worth the money or just go with the online guide?

[quote name='CombatCraig']I was debating on getting one when I saw IGN is going to have their guide up tomorrow.

In your opinions is this worth the money or just go with the online guide?[/QUOTE]

i'm debating this as well, esp since i've never been a strategy guide type of person. deal looks good tho. any input is appreciated!

There really isnt much to say until the forums have picked apart the guide and determined if its solid or an incomplete mess. I usually go for non-penny guides for games I plan to sink a lot of time into.

I have collectors edition guide for DA and love it. I like having a resource right there (i have a laptop but I like a nice hardcover book). I ordered my ME2 collector's guide for $14.79 as a quick pick deal.

[quote name='tukai']I have collectors edition guide for DA and love it. I like having a resource right there (i have a laptop but I like a nice hardcover book). I ordered my ME2 collector's guide for $14.79 as a quick pick deal.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point...it's nice having something right there when you need it. Plus it might make some good toilet material.

I ordered one but don't expect to get much use out of it. If it's anything like the first ME guide, it's best used as a reference for more obscure details. I've found online guides to be superior for quickly conveying what you have to do at each point in the game without spoilers. The first ME guide was like reading a narrative with charts/maps...

Well I ordered it because I had some gift credit makin this really cheap. Im gettin the CE edition for the game anyway so might as well have the whole CE package. Good toilet reading too. Im also waiting for the price adjustment since I ordered this last week.

I don't know how much I'd want to use the guide itself (maybe for reference for things like Completionist achievement stuff, but otherwise I'd kind of like to at least play through the game on my own), but I'm curious how good all the developer interview stuff is in it.

If the price drops further by the end of the day tomorrow, you're supposed to get that further price reduction.

If the price goes back up before the end of the day tomorrow, you're still supposed to get this price reduction if you ordered it before it dropped Saturday (which is when it dropped, if I remember right).

Screen cap of the price now, plus an email now wouldn't be a bad idea. Don't be surprised if they tell you can't get the price adjusted, since it shipped, and if they do, put this in your email response:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

It's the link to the T&C for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

[quote name='CombatCraig']I was debating on getting one when I saw IGN is going to have their guide up tomorrow.

In your opinions is this worth the money or just go with the online guide?[/QUOTE]

Online guides, wikia, GameFAQs are pretty much the reason I've stopped buying guides these days. Don't get me wrong, these strategy guides are usually very thorough, I just feel most of the pertinent info makes it way online pretty quickly, and it's free.

I'm thinking about buying this. Do any of you know if you can add this your ME2 preorder? I preordered ME2 CE a couple months ago. It would be nice to add this to that order so I can get free shipping on it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']But running back and forth between the PC and console can be a drag[/QUOTE]

This is what laptops are for!

[quote name='Brother Daz']But running back and forth between the PC and console can be a drag[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely a nice convenience to have it all in a book if your 360 and comp are far enough away. But I'm playing this on PC, so checking a guide is just alt-tabbing out of game, look at guide in Firefox, and alt-tab back in. :D

[quote name='erehwon']I'm thinking about buying this. Do any of you know if you can add this your ME2 preorder? I preordered ME2 CE a couple months ago. It would be nice to add this to that order so I can get free shipping on it.[/QUOTE]

Did your order ship?

If not, email customer service and give them your order number and the ASIN of the guide

[quote name='jacknicklson']Did your order ship?

If not, email customer service and give them your order number and the ASIN of the guide[/QUOTE]
It says shipping soon and that I can't change it.

ordered it the other day. Contact amazon about wanting it on release day, becaues i ordered the game.. they told me to put 1 day shipping then email them the order number and it would be free one day shipping, since there was no RDD on the guide

[quote name='Coraanu']I just checked and my order status shows 17.99 for the ME2 CE guide. I ordered on 1/8 when it was 19.49. We should be good![/QUOTE]

This. Now to decide on if I start the game before the guide shows up, or wait for the guide...

[quote name='Zmonkay']This. Now to decide on if I start the game before the guide shows up, or wait for the guide...[/QUOTE]

If you're going to do multiple playthroughs, why not start the first one without a guide? I did that with ME 1 and used the guide the next 2.5 times through. =]

Since I couldn't add the guide to my previous order, I ordered it separately. I added in the Mass Effect: Ascension book to get free shipping. It's too bad it's only available in the paperback version. I prefer hardcover books.

[quote name='sengar']This is what laptops are for![/QUOTE]I agree when I still used(and had) a laptop that what I did. I would never have bought a guide when I still had a laptop. After Fallout 3 and no laptop (many trips up and down the stairs), I have decided to buy guides for RPG's now.

[quote name='erehwon']Since I couldn't add the guide to my previous order, I ordered it separately. I added in the Mass Effect: Ascension book to get free shipping. It's too bad it's only available in the paperback version. I prefer hardcover books.[/QUOTE]How many Mass Effect books are there? I would be intersested in reading them if they are a good read.

[quote name='Brother Daz']How many Mass Effect books are there? I would be intersested in reading them if they are a good read.[/QUOTE]

Two, though I'm not sure if the second one is actually out yet or not. I haven't read any of them so I can't comment on if they are good though :p

just ordered another one :D or shall I say my 2nd one.

After the nice spike in value the DA:O CE guide got it was a no brainer to get a 2nd since it is the same price as the regular edition guide would have cost me tonight when I pick my game up.

[quote name='Brother Daz']How many Mass Effect books are there? I would be intersested in reading them if they are a good read.[/QUOTE]

There are two out so far, with a third coming very soon. The first book was the backstory of Anderson and Saren detailing the mission that is mentioned briefly during the first game. The second book introduces the Illusive Man and is a sorta prequel to the second game, with the female scientist from the first book reappearing.

The third book is a direct sequel of the second book and details what happens to those who go against the Illusive Man.

I usually never bUy these but picked up the Dragon Age: Origins Collector's guide when it was on sale and found it fairly useful. So what the hell, in for one of these.

I chose 2 day shipping when I placed my order today using Amazon prime, and I just got a notification that I'll be receiving it tomorrow. Thank you Amazon, you're amazing.

I didn't want to play the waiting game. I emailed them and they sent a $1.80 credit on my card, making it $17 after GB. On the side note, I also emailed them on the Toy Story blu-ray deal, and they marked it $5 less than the deal!

Yeah, but I bought the RE5 collector's guide, and it's still selling below retail, so don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='ubdu']Yeah, but I bought the RE5 collector's guide, and it's still selling below retail, so don't get your hopes up.[/QUOTE]

True...but RE5 is not ME2

17.99 is a steal regardless for a 320 page hardcover. There's 90 left at the moment.

bread's done
Back