Can any paypal payment be disputed and always refunded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
Hey guys, here is my situation. Im still in high school and im going to get a job once my wrestling season ends. So, I want to get a rare pair of Air Jordans, they were produced sparingly, they're the Grape Air Jordan V's. So these run for about $300 authentic. However, I see alot of sites online that offer what seems to be a near replica of the exact same Jordans, for a huge price cut, about $60 shipped. Im aware that the shoes are going to be fake but I wonder if it'll be worth it because if they are very similar who would know the difference and I would still look good. If you see the comparisons for Jordans (http://www.onesweetpair.com/fakepics.htm) there arent any glaring differences. My only concern is if the shoes will actually arrive, im not worried about the shoes being bad fakes because, thats the price i will have to pay for taking the gamble. Here are some of the sites I have in mind, they all accept paypal, so if i dont receive the shoes, which is somewhat likely can I dispute the payment and get my money back. Heres my list in my opinion in order of the likeliness i feel i would receive the shoes

Enjoy getting your money stolen if you go that route.

They're knock-offs, and I'm sure they're well-versed in sliming their way out of having you keep your money. You're buying a knock-off, so regardless of what you think you're getting, they still will end up winning any dispute you might throw out there.

Yeah dude seriously, don't support knock-offs. They're the slimiest and most untrustworthy sellers ever. You'd be better off paying with a credit card and disputing the charge if it went awry, but you're best off just avoiding it altogether. Oh and as for fakes, people can tell the difference in many cases. My wife can spot fake purses and knock-off clothes in a second. Just saying....

All those sites look really bad if your really wanting to collect authentic shoes...I'll see if I can dig up some of the old sites I used to frequent.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Yea, i guess it doesnt make sense to purposely buy fakes.[/QUOTE]

it doesnt make sense buying 300 buck shoes

Dear CAG,

I want to buy something but it costs too much! I decided I am gonna buy fakes which anyone who is into this stuff will be able to point out immediatley and not to mention if I use them for their intended purpose they will fail miserably. Anywho, I am gonna paypal these shady people money for their shady product. As a backup to my stupid plan, if I dont get the knock offs I order will paypal give me my money back?

Thanks,

Captain Dumbass

$300, really? Are they even made in the US or are they still just made in a sweatshop and marked up astronomically rather than ridiculously?

[quote name='slidecage']it doesnt make sense buying 300 buck shoes[/QUOTE]

oh fuck, my head just exploded. i agree with slidecage.

i'm a sneaker fanatic. Don't get fakes, your only supporting the problem. you wouldnt buy a fake xbox 360 or ps3, dont buy something your going to be punishing your feet by wearing (comfort and style wise as fakes generally have none of the technology put into the authentic product) everyone will know its a fake. Grape V's are hard to come by nowadays I say save and get an authentic pair that way if you keep them in good condition you can always resell. As for paypal I'm pretty positive buyers are always taken care of.

[quote name='SpazX']$300, really? Are they even made in the US or are they still just made in a sweatshop and marked up astronomically rather than ridiculously?[/QUOTE]

The last half dozen pairs of Nike's I've had weren't made in the US either and they're official....

Shoes are shoes. Buy the fake ones.

Eastbay is reputable, but the assholes will send you about 5 catalogs a week until you go a year or so without buying anything. I don't think they sell fakes though.

[quote name='ianjones0325']i'm a sneaker fanatic. Don't get fakes, your only supporting the problem. you wouldnt buy a fake xbox 360 or ps3, dont buy something your going to be punishing your feet by wearing (comfort and style wise as fakes generally have none of the technology put into the authentic product) everyone will know its a fake. Grape V's are hard to come by nowadays I say save and get an authentic pair that way if you keep them in good condition you can always resell. As for paypal I'm pretty positive buyers are always taken care of.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Shoes are shoes. Buy the fake ones.

Eastbay is reputable, but the assholes will send you about 5 catalogs a week until you go a year or so without buying anything. I don't think they sell fakes though.[/QUOTE]

Ive used eastbay but they dont have the particular shoes im looking for, not many places do. I think i may order a pair of the fakes just to see what im working with. If i get scammed, i get scammed It is definately likely but im willing to take the chance. As for Ian, im looking to getting started in collecting shoes, not necesarily collected but a few pairs of jordans, dunks, air maxes that i can mix and match for certain outfits. I just started and have a pair of the purple and turquoise dunks, looking for some grape v's and cement iv's. Would you ever consider letting a pair go on your tradelist?

[quote name='shrike4242']Enjoy getting your money stolen if you go that route.

They're knock-offs, and I'm sure they're well-versed in sliming their way out of having you keep your money. You're buying a knock-off, so regardless of what you think you're getting, they still will end up winning any dispute you might throw out there.[/QUOTE]

I also agree with your point of view, but I need your support!

Discount Golf

It is hard to get ripped off as a buyer when you pay through PayPal. Just don't ever manually submit payment as a "Gift".

I would buy through eBay. Chances are you will get fakes and depending where they ship from if you open a case and report them as "counterfeits" eBay will most likely allow you to keep the item and have the seller refund you.

It's sad... but very true

Edit: I would also like to point out I'm by no means a sneaker fanatic but I do understand that their are some Jordans and special edition nike's (air max, air force one, etc.) that are done and produced in limited quanities like those done by graffati artists that go for a rediculous amount of money. They are actually good investments if you can get them at release without paying the reseller mark up.

Actually I know Capcom did a nike shoe release for certain Street Fighter characters.

OP, please don't like a few dbags put you down. If you really want the shoes and are spending your own money go for it.

WTF... Are you seriously asking some dude you dont know for his old ass shoes? I do not get the whole collecting shoes thing, and I damn sure dont get wearing some strangers shoes if you can afford to go buy yourself a pair of shoes on your own.

Sneakerheads.... yet another reason I can understand why people hate America......

[quote name='Spyder187']WTF... Are you seriously asking some dude you dont know for his old ass shoes? I do not get the whole collecting shoes thing, and I damn sure dont get wearing some strangers shoes if you can afford to go buy yourself a pair of shoes on your own.

Sneakerheads.... yet another reason I can understand why people hate America......[/QUOTE]

Spyder, what does it say on the bottom of that Starcraft Streams motivational pic? I cant make out the text.

[quote name='Malik112099']Dear CAG,

I want to buy something but it costs too much! I decided I am gonna buy fakes which anyone who is into this stuff will be able to point out immediatley and not to mention if I use them for their intended purpose they will fail miserably. Anywho, I am gonna paypal these shady people money for their shady product. As a backup to my stupid plan, if I dont get the knock offs I order will paypal give me my money back?

Thanks,

Captain Dumbass[/QUOTE]

What a dick. :roll:

Back in the early days of me using ebay, I bought some Nike Jordans. I thought I got a good deal because I won them for just under $100, while other similar auctions were going for $150-200.

While they looked identical to the legit product, the sole was flat and very thin, the inside material was made of felt which peeled off shortly after wearing them and they made my feet smell (no other shoe makes my feet smell, not even my heavy ass steel-toed work boots)

In short, just buy some legit Nikes in your price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back