FREE Rockstar Classics Games for PC - GTA, GTA 2, & Wild Metal

parKer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
(Did a quick search on the forum for this and no hits. Sorry if this is a re-post.)

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

gta.jpg
wm.jpg
gta2.jpg

The Rockstar Classics collection is our series of complimentary full PC game downloads, provided exclusively to members of the Rockstar Games mailing list. These games, each available free of charge and optimized for play on modern PCs, offer a nostalgic trip back in time to the early days of the Rockstar legacy.

Volume 1: Grand Theft Auto – In 1997, a band of developers that would come to be known as Rockstar North and Rockstar Games released the original Grand Theft Auto on an unsuspecting public. The groundbreaking non-linear urban crime game shook up a complacent game industry with its irreverent gameplay, humor and style – and a phenomenon was born.

Volume 2: Wild Metal Country – This rare gem from early Rockstar history is a 3D strategic vehicular combat game set in a distant land, in which you command armed roving vehicles to disrupt dangerous automated units that have overtaken the Tehric planetary system. While it flew under the mainstream radar when it was originally released, it was critically acclaimed for its unique yet intuitive control schemes and its massive open world to explore.

Volume 3: Grand Theft Auto 2 – Respect is everything. In 1999, Rockstar Games and Rockstar North furthered the groundbreaking gameplay concepts established in the original Grand Theft Auto – with the release of GTA 2, which expanded on the top-down, open-ended crime world gameplay formula with a host of new features, including the advent of multiple rival gangs.

Choose from the games above, fill out the required forms to register for the Rockstar mailing list, and a link will be sent to you with your full game download. Now don't say we never gave you anything.

[quote name='parKer']Did a quick search on the forum for this and no hits.
[/QUOTE]
I couldn't tell you with absolute certainty--I rarely ventured outta Video Game Deals, back then--, but I'd imagine there's at least one thread hidden somewhere on here. These Rockstar deals are from around 2003 & 2004. I never did get around to trying Wild Metal.

yeah, this is 10 years old. I remember finding out about this when I lived in Florida and that was 10 years ago.

Thanks though, OP. I have long since gone through several computers and the old GTA games are fun to play some random co-op through.

[quote name='HydroX']yeah, this is 10 years old. I remember finding out about this when I lived in Florida and that was 10 years ago.

Thanks though, OP. I have long since gone through several computers and the old GTA games are fun to play some random co-op through.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was in 2004.

[quote name='louiedog']Actually it was in 2004.[/QUOTE]

At the latest it was 2002. I recall making my buddy download it and we'd play for hours .. and like I said, I lived in Florida at the time, had nothing better to do. I moved from there in '02, so.. yeah. It's at the very least, 8 years old.

Come on, guys. No need to be any geekier than necessary with the exact dates.

I'll quote the smartest guy in this entire thread.

[quote name='No One']There's no point in reiterating that this is old info, not everyone knows about it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about it, neither did 5 posters, and this thread has had almost 500 views in less than 48 hours, so I'm guessing it helped out a handful of lurkers, too.

Like I said in the OP, I did do a (emphasis on quick) search for "free," "rockstar," "grand theft auto pc," in the Free Stuff forum and nothing came up.

Relax. ;)

[quote name='spedmunki']Freeware[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

PLEASE NOTE that while this game may be downloaded for free by all who register by filling out the form on this page, it is NOT freeware and may not be mirrored or duplicated by any third parties without express written consent from Rockstar Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
what are the system requirements for these games? I can't even play ps1 roms on my computer. I can play snes and all the old ones though with no problem. Would this work on my pc?

I've tried filling this out for GTA1 and GTA2 a couple times, never gotten the links for the games. :( and it shouldn't be the age thing, considering I'm 19..

After you filled out the form completely and clicked submit, did it take you to the EULA page? Once I agreed to the EULA, the download link was e-mailed in less than 30 seconds. Worked OK for me for both GTA games.

When I tried to get Wild Metal, there was no EULA page and no e-mail. Tried it 2 more times, got to the EULA page, and the link was in my e-mail. I'm using Firefox.

bread's done
Back