Another car question .... : )

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
okay its fun time again

Okay the car wil not move when you put the car in any gear (its a auto) so im guessing their transmittion went out.. BUT here is the kicker.. if they turn the car off and let it sit for a few seconds and turn the car back on the car will move in drive but stop once again maybe 10 or 15 miles and you have to do it again ....

Now when you put the car in Reverse the car jump all around (like skipping gears)

there is also a noise coming out of the engine .. and it gets louder when you step on the gas

Im guessing a computer chip or something else went out .. friends grandfather says its the transmittion but why would the car roll once you turn it off and turn it back on

also they told me tonight there were getting feedback (like the streering wheel shakin ) if they turn the car to the left (thinking that is a break problem or rotor problem and has nothing to do with this)

THANKS

The transmission is probably dying. Not dead yet.

The feedback could be from the transmission or "transaxle" as they like to call it on a front wheel drive car. Is it front wheel drive?

I had an old car with a dying transaxle and it did all sorts of shit while driving. Ended up dying on the lot where I bought my next car.

[quote name='burritoman']The transmission is probably dying. Not dead yet.

The feedback could be from the transmission or "transaxle" as they like to call it on a front wheel drive car. Is it front wheel drive?

I had an old car with a dying transaxle and it did all sorts of shit while driving. Ended up dying on the lot where I bought my next car.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the input... made an appointment to take it in around 8am tomorrow to see what is up....

thanks for that transaxle.. that was driving me crazy (couldnt remember what it was called) kept saying that one thing and they were like what thing and i was like you know that thing that makes that thingie move LOL

sort of sucks they paid almost 4,000 for this car not even a month ago

what double sucks is i just got off the phone with them... before they got this car they took it in some place and got a used car check up for 80 bucks and the car came back fine.... about a week later they started getting feedback when they turn that wheel and was told

EITHER THE CAR IS OUT OF ALINEMENT or the Belts in the tires are going bad... How it sounds now the Car was #$#$# up when they got it.... they talked to the place they got it and they mostly told them to go #$#$# themself .

funny thing is then they told them they knew a guy that could fix their car cheap..... I told them i would contact the BBB cause it seems they are pulling a major scam

One last question... if they put a new TRANSMITTIon Into the car would they get the same MPG or better MPG they were getting before

Last edited by a moderator:
again thanks for all of the help

Seems they missed the 30 days.. they got it

DEC 12 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as mpg goes, a new transmission may increase the fuel economy, since it is operating correctly. If it's not shifting right then it's wasting energy, so that should raise the mpg. If the tranny is not bad, then the mpg should be similar. Each one is produced individually, and from my experience in the Toyota engine plant, there can be miniscule differences between two parts that appear to be exactly the same with the naked eye.

Another thing is to have the mechanic to check for engine damage. Occasionally when a transmission goes, it can cause engine damage. I'm not sure if it's common or not, but those parts are the things that make the car go, so for 80 bucks it should get checked.

They might want to check their paperwork and the state and local laws. I know here you get a 30-day/1000 mile warranty on any used car. They may be entitled to getting it fixed or having the dealer pay part of the cost.

Send me a pm if you need any more advice on the situation. I'll try to help as best I can.

Damn, they probably have to fix it themselves. I'm not sure of the laws exactly. Outside of that window though, it's probably on them. And you know as well as I do the seller will tell them to get bent.

He sounds like some of the jackasses we have around here, ironically one of them is a huge well known Chevy dealer, and the other is a scumbag Kia dealer.

I'll tell the story of me and the Mustang sometime, it's good. Blew up 2.5 miles into the test drive. Then the guy told me they can have it fixed tomorrow.

Another time friend, another time.

took it down today and they said we should know in 2 hours... they said to them it sounds like t here is a plug in the fluid of the trasmittion...

if it went out, it wouldnt roll even when you turn the car off.. by turning the car off yo uallow the fulid to flow back down into the engine

will know later

bread's done
Back