Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Game and Arcade Stick and $10 Gift Card - $114.98

Hmm... I wonder what the chances of getting this deal if I already preordered and received it. Amazon customer service can do magical things...

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Hmm... I wonder what the chances of getting this deal if I already preordered and received it. Amazon customer service can do magical things...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they would be happy to take your money. I'd give them a call (or rather have them call you) and ask.

i'd personally wait for this to drop, or, wait for the joystick to drop

full price for both is 130, so 115 + 10gc isn't much of a deal, so 25 off of 130 isn't a deal unless you're itching for a new fighter, or find sf4/blazblue to be too boring or techinically difficult.

How much did the 360 and PS3 SE sticks ever drop though?

Edit: Checked on amazon and the prices are a good bit lower on those right now. I have the $10 bonus from the TvC game that I can apply so assuming they apply an additional 15% off I'd get a better deal than the current 360 stick price (and both started off at the same retail).

[quote name='Ragnorok64']How much did the 360 and PS3 SE sticks ever drop though?[/QUOTE]
I think I remember them around $45 during the holidays. So, only about $20 less than this.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']How much did the 360 and PS3 SE sticks ever drop though?[/QUOTE]

well, you'd be saving $12 if you ordered the joystick. So it's $68 for the wii stick. I read somewhere that the wii madcatz sticks are generally better quality than their ps3/360 equivalents, I don't know what exactly but hopefully they have better buttons (they are the first to go).

What I'm wondering is, when will someone do a wii classic controller mod for a joystick. I'd rather not buy 2 new joysticks just so I can play tvc when modding two $20 controllers will work.

note: gamespy notes that online latency is worse than that of blazblue's, which is probably the best atm, maybe rival'd by hd remix

i like how reviews don't talk much about how online is compared to other fighters like sf4/tekken/sc4

[quote name='anathema728']well, you'd be saving $12 if you ordered the joystick. So it's $68 for the wii stick. I read somewhere that the wii madcatz sticks are generally better quality than their ps3/360 equivalents, I don't know what exactly but hopefully they have better buttons (they are the first to go).

What I'm wondering is, when will someone do a wii classic controller mod for a joystick. I'd rather not buy 2 new joysticks just so I can play tvc when modding two $20 controllers will work.[/QUOTE]
http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r=93-Wii-Classic-Controller-Padhacking-for-Tatsunoko

I hear very good things about the wii stick. Also it seems that Madcatz is using micro switches from the same company that Sanwa uses, this time around.

Though I stand to save like $22 on this stick I'd better hold off. I already have 2 that will work in the Wii and White Knight Chronicles and Final Fantasy XIII are fast approaching.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']link[/QUOTE]
brownie points

i think my lurking skills need to be improved

edit: and that is definitely a pro padhack

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad deal. Picked up the stick at gamestop with some credit and received the game from amazon today. I absolutely love the stick and the game is great!

thanks op!

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Hmm... I wonder what the chances of getting this deal if I already preordered and received it. Amazon customer service can do magical things...[/QUOTE]

Hey Ragnorok, did you get to contact Amazon? If so, how do you do it?

I pre-ordered the bundle from them on Monday and they still charged me $126.98, even though it said I would get it for $114.98 on the item page.

It already shipped out.

I'd appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance.

I picked up a keychain at GC for this game. Its freaking heavy (for a keychain) and it has ryu and the guy he has a stare down with on the cover in cartoon form. It's pretty badass.

So I'm hearing the stick is a good stick? Is this price reasonable?

Amazon has a Wii Hori stick for $50. I know nothing about arcade sticks, but kind of want to learn with TvC.

I actually took this thing out of the box at a local GS that has a pretty cool manager. It has a pretty good feel to it. I own a TE and an SE SF4 fight sticks ( both with full sanwa parts ). The stick feels better than the stock SE that they used in the SF4 stick. Not much better, but an improvement. Buttons feel okay. I'd say if you've been waiting for this game to come out and plan on playing it for a long time go ahead and treat yourself! One thing I love about this stick (besides the colors and art) is that it has a matte finish. That means no fingerprints!

[quote name='adamical']So I'm hearing the stick is a good stick? Is this price reasonable?

Amazon has a Wii Hori stick for $50. I know nothing about arcade sticks, but kind of want to learn with TvC.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I have the Wii Hori Stick and it is definitely good. It is a great stick for beginners and great quality. If you're on the fence about buying it, I say go ahead. It also

helps when you have many fighting games for the wii like Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus or King Of Fighters Collection and virtual console games like Street Fighter

Alpha 2 because it gives them that arcade feeling.

Just remember in order for them to work, the Wii Hori Stick and the TVC Stick both plug into the Wii remote, so it's semi-wireless

Brock F'N Sampson;6774095]Hey Ragnorok said:
Help [right hand of the screen] > Contact Us [right hand of the screen] > Find the Order >Click E-Mail or Phone (Phone is usually much quicker) > Enter Information

[quote name='kiribee']I'll wait for Super Tatsunoko vs Capcom :D[/QUOTE]

I GET IT! BECAUSE THERE'S A SUPER SFIV!!!

This is basically that version of TvC, it adds new chars, online, mini-games, etc. in comparison to the old version.

[quote name='kiribee']I'll wait for Super Tatsunoko vs Capcom :D[/QUOTE]

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars is pretty much Super Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

is the game worth it? amazon sells it for 46.99 + 10 USD gift card but gamestop.com gives you some trading cards if you order from them, 49.99.

hmm.

just wondering, i have a xbox and ps3 sf4 fightstick. will either of them work on the wii? i would think the ps3 is more likely since usually ps3 is compatible with pc.

[quote name='voidedx']Yet another game that should have be an obvious multiplatform release.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Played it a bit at Best Buy the other day and really enjoyed it. Not enough to plunk down the cash for a Wii though. Hoping there's a chance down the road they'll do it via XBL or PSN.

[quote name='frpilot']i have a xbox and ps3 sf4 fightstick. will either of them work on the wii?.[/QUOTE]

no, and no converter for it either. cheapest way is to padhack a gamecube controller. easiest way is to buy the multi-console CTHULU board which still requires a gamecube controller cable and soldering.

[quote name='voidedx']Yet another game that should have be an obvious multiplatform release.[/QUOTE]

The argument is that the game was made for the Wii, i. e. it wouldn't look great in HD. I say, fine; release it for $40.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']This is a really great deal. Now if only Capcom hadn't put this game on the fucking Wii. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Hey now, I am actually glad this game is on the Wii. Why? A friggin reason to turn it on. Between this and No More Heroes 2 my Wii will get use for the first time in many months.

Tho if they did a re-release on the 360 I'd buy it again for sure (I got a TE stick to use, and achievements for the win) tho I doubt it since I read it was already on Wii related hardware in the arcades (?).

stop bitching about it being on the Wii. if the game is successful they said the sequel will most likely go multi, so if you own a wii just go and buy it, enjoy it, and hope that it sells well enough for the sequel. seriously, do you really need HD graphics to enjoy a game? I mean, I still enjoy old school games like pac-man and street fighter 2. if you're worried about graphics then go and play street fighter 4 and blazblue

[quote name='themidnighter23']stop bitching about it being on the Wii. if the game is successful they said the sequel will most likely go multi, so if you own a wii just go and buy it, enjoy it, and hope that it sells well enough for the sequel. seriously, do you really need HD graphics to enjoy a game? I mean, I still enjoy old school games like pac-man and street fighter 2. if you're worried about graphics then go and play street fighter 4 and blazblue[/QUOTE]

It's not about the graphics at all. I enjoy old-school games a lot (I own over 400 Genesis games alone), but I should be able to play a fighting game with an actual controller (without having to buy the classic controller) and multiplayer would be much better (cause online with Wii is a nightmare) on the 360 or PS3. IF the game sells, there will be a sequel? I won't hold my breath because 3rd party games don't sell on the Wii (like Zack & Wiki, Okami, & The House of the Dead Overkill).

I had a Wii once, but I sold it because I NEVER played it. Aside from very few 3rd-party gems like Madworld, unless you a hardcore Nintendo fan, it's not worth having a Wii, unless you love games with cruddy motion controls and "fun for the family" like Imagine Party Babiez or something. :roll:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Hey now, I am actually glad this game is on the Wii. Why? A friggin reason to turn it on.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my point. Too much shovelware on the Wii to make it worth it, so the decision for a hardcore game like this to be on the Wii baffles me.

Well I emailed Amazon customer service today (I had preordered and already received both the game and the Fight Stick) and this is the reply I got back in just a couple hours:

"Hello,

The discounts we offer vary from time to time. I see we currently offer a greater discount on "Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick" than we did at the time you placed your order.

I've made an exception and requested a refund of $12 to your Credit Card. You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days."

So needless to say it's worth emailing them if you bought the game and the fight stick at the regular price.

By the way, I am seriously enjoying this game. I have had the Japanese version for a while, but it's fun to discover all the new stuff they added for the US version. Including the online play.

=)

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I should be able to play a fighting game with an actual controller (without having to buy the classic controller)

Too much shovelware on the Wii to make it worth it, so the decision for a hardcore game like this to be on the Wii baffles me.[/QUOTE]

You still have to buy a new controller if you want to play fighting games on the 360. The D-pad is horrible.

And what baffles me is why everyone keeps bringing up shovelware on the Wii. The most popular system ALWAYS gets the shovelware. The PS2 has tons of it. Do you see anyone saying that the amount of shovelware on the PS2 makes it not worth it?

[quote name='DaButtonMasher']You still have to buy a new controller if you want to play fighting games on the 360. The D-pad is horrible.

And what baffles me is why everyone keeps bringing up shovelware on the Wii. The most popular system ALWAYS gets the shovelware. The PS2 has tons of it. Do you see anyone saying that the amount of shovelware on the PS2 makes it not worth it?[/QUOTE]

I will definitely agree that the 360 pad is horrible. The main games I play on PS3 are fighting games cause of it. The Mad Catz Street Fighter pad helps, but it's still not as good.

About the PS2, the thing is PS2 had loads of good 3rd party support, and all game systems have some shovelware on it, but the ratio of great games to shovelware on the Wii is just way too weak for us to ignore.

+1 for me I'm just waiting for this and NMH2 to ship from Amazon. The Wii is really coming up lately with awesome hardcore games!!! LOL @ all the single platform holders!!!

the Wii just can't win...If it releases shovelware ppl hate on it...if it releases a REALLY good game ppl still hate on it!!!

I came into this thread and now I'm blinded by the stupid.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a'](like Zack & Wiki, Okami, & The House of the Dead Overkill).[/QUOTE]

Overkill sold quite well, actually - not sure where you got your info. The others would have sold like shit on any system (and one did).

[quote name='KillerRamen']Help [right hand of the screen] > Contact Us [right hand of the screen] > Find the Order >Click E-Mail or Phone (Phone is usually much quicker) > Enter Information[/QUOTE]

[quote name='evisto']Well I emailed Amazon customer service today (I had preordered and already received both the game and the Fight Stick) and this is the reply I got back in just a couple hours:

"Hello,

The discounts we offer vary from time to time. I see we currently offer a greater discount on "Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick" than we did at the time you placed your order.

I've made an exception and requested a refund of $12 to your Credit Card. You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days."

So needless to say it's worth emailing them if you bought the game and the fight stick at the regular price.

By the way, I am seriously enjoying this game. I have had the Japanese version for a while, but it's fun to discover all the new stuff they added for the US version. Including the online play.

=)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help guys. I decided to E-mail Amazon asking them to fix this, cause I didn't feel like talking on the phone. I'll wait and see what happens and let you guys know.

:twoguns: :robot:

[quote name='trufan2']Anyone have the Univeral arcade stick + a gamecube converter??[/QUOTE]

the multi console CTHULU board does this, but requires soldering and correct cables
there are no gamecube converters edit: well, there are no converters for the TE/SE sticks
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162026

i'm still looking to padhack a gamecube or classic controller myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, Amazon responded back quickly and said this:

Hello,

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've requested a refund of $12.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you

another e-mail when the refund is complete. :D :applause:

[quote name='trufan2']Anyone have the Univeral arcade stick + a gamecube converter??

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Univ..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264715517&sr=8-2

im looking for a decent arcade stick and the 80$ for the mad cats stick just isnt worth it after spending so much on my 360 sticks.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it helps, but I did purchase three PS2 to Gamecube converters last year from Play-Asia and they worked very well for me on Tatsunoko vs Capcom:

Cross Generation Of Heroes.

I even tested them using the third party Dragon Ball Z PS2 controllers :cool:. Here's the links for the ones I bought:

Cube Joybox Pro - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-g4-49-en-15-cube+joy+box-70-14p-43-99.html

Magic Path II - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-g4-49-en-70-2pz1.html

Classic Linker Plus - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-g4-49-en-70-3cep.html

There's also this one that came out more recent, but I don't have it so I don't know how good it is (reviews look good though)

Controller Adapter (PS2™ Pads on Wii™ Remote) - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10y-77-4-49-en-15-converter-70-3ix1-43-99.html

What I like about the Classic Linker Plus is that it looks like you can also plug your Classic Controller or Wii Sticks to the Gamecube port on the Wii so you don't have

to rely on batteries.

If you want to, you can use a PS2 controller until you decide on an arcade stick or get the Wii Hori Stick which is good also.

bread's done
Back