MLB 2K10 Preorder (Amazon) $59.99 w/ $10 credit and free fathead jr.

KansasFF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Release Date March 2nd

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Pre-order MLB 2K10 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. Additionally, order MLB 2K10 for PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360, and you can get a free Fathead Jr. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. The Fathead Jr redemption directions will be packaged inside the game box. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Yeah, no reason to pre-order this one. I've tried the last three games, and they were all really subpar. And actually, I think last year's game was a big step backwards for the series. If you don't have a PS3 and must get a baseball game, at least wait for the reviews or the inevitable price drop. 2K does not deserve a blind buy here.

I refuse to beta test this game for them for yet another year.

They ship unfinsihed product year after year and then it takes 2 months to get the fixes for them.

PASS.

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']I refuse to beta test this game for them for yet another year.

They ship unfinsihed product year after year and then it takes 2 months to get the fixes for them.

PASS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kevgret']I refuse to beta test this game for them for yet another year.

PASS.

Kevin[/QUOTE]
Pretty much sums it up.

Thanks OP, but the series sucks. 2k6 was garbage. 2k7 was ok and I got 2 years out of it on the 360. I passed on 2k8 and 2k9 since I heard it only had more bugs (2k7 had quite a few which bothered me).

I personally don't like The Show because I find the pitching animations to be downright awful. I would be able to look past this but pitching is my favorite part of playing.

I hope EA can get back the MLB license. Say what you will about EA, the MVP Baseball series was great. MVP 2005 is still the best baseball game ever.

[quote name='icedrake523'] Say what you will about EA, the MVP Baseball series was great. MVP 2005 is still the best baseball game ever.[/QUOTE]

I will agree to that, but I really really enjoy The Show '09. However, the 2k games are just downright horrible...which is really disappointing considering how good their basketball and football games were.

yeah unless this one gets solid reviews i'll be passing on it. i skipped 2k9 last year as well. sucks though, but i'd love to have a good baseball game.

[quote name='icedrake523']Thanks OP, but the series sucks. 2k6 was garbage. 2k7 was ok and I got 2 years out of it on the 360. I passed on 2k8 and 2k9 since I heard it only had more bugs (2k7 had quite a few which bothered me).

I personally don't like The Show because I find the pitching animations to be downright awful. I would be able to look past this but pitching is my favorite part of playing.

I hope EA can get back the MLB license. Say what you will about EA, the MVP Baseball series was great. MVP 2005 is still the best baseball game ever.[/QUOTE]

The Show is much better than MVP 2005 ever was.

[quote name='icedrake523'] MVP 2005 is still the best baseball game ever.[/QUOTE]
True that. I update the (Yankee) rosters. :D

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']You can also get $10 credit for ordering the PS2 version, which is only $19.99[/QUOTE]

Good catch. That might persuade me to drop some money on this one.

MVP 2005 smokes any baseball game, in my opinion. I love baseball, and I love playing baseball video games. I played MVP 2005 for years, thanks to the community that kept the game alive with mods. I simply can't get into The Show like I did with MVP.

[quote name='n00bie']The Show is much better than MVP 2005 ever was.[/QUOTE]

The Show is a good game and there are aspects I really like. However, as I mentioned, I find the pitching animations to be horrible. I play the games mostly for the pitching (I'm too impatient for hitting) so they really bother me.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']MVP 2005 smokes any baseball game, in my opinion. I love baseball, and I love playing baseball video games. I played MVP 2005 for years, thanks to the community that kept the game alive with mods. I simply can't get into The Show like I did with MVP.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for PC for $80 (couldn't get a download to work) but it was worth it for the mods. It's a shame that they don't come out as quickly as they used to.

In my opinion, both baseball games need to step up the quality. Even The Show 09 shipped with a myriad of bugs. BIG bugs. Bugs that corrupted saves and sent people back to the XMB (3 separate patches were released over the span of 2 months to fix these problems). Not to mention that if you loaded a created roster, player's historical stats would get switched around (A-Rod had Mark Teixeira's career stats and vice versa).

The gameplay was all right, but they made a lot of cheap "fixes" from 08. Diving was "harder" because they made the animation slower, pitching was "harder" because the umpire would sometimes call a pitch 100% in the strike zone a ball, and anything you threw near the middle of the plate got crushed (it was like the anti-Greg Maddux, lol). I think variable strike zones are cool, but this was too much.

And yet, the CPU had scrub pitchers painting corners like Cy fucking Young. This made hitting extremely difficult, even when trying to work a count. For whatever reason, it seemed like the CPU had a constant unfair advantage. I just felt the balance of the entire game was off. Also, in game sliders did virtually nothing, so that didn't help. With all that added to the sloppy programming, I won't be pre-ordering The Show for the first time in 3 years.

I like that developers have the ability to patch games now, but too many use it as an excuse to send out a product that is not ready. $60 is too much to spend on a game that needs 2 months of patching to play properly...especially when I could get the game for $40 by then. This year I'll be waiting on reviews (from gamers...not media hype) before I buy any baseball game. If The Show 10 suffers from the same problems, I'll be desperate for EA to get back into the game.

[quote name='TheRock88']If you guys havent heard, they took out check swings for 2K10. Easy pass for me this year.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's smart. It's not like it's difficult to read the break of a pitch in a video game or anything, lol. :roll:

Looks like they're taking from Sony's playbook. That was another "fix" they made from The Show 08. Check swing didn't work near as well as in 08, and online, it basically didn't work at all. And neither did hit and run. Come to think of it...online play hardly worked at all, haha.

Yes, MLB 09 has some strange looking pitching animations and it was very hard to check swings online an addition to no hit and run and other bugs, nevertheless, it's still a very good game. I feel that the work that is being done by the devs in addition to community input for MLB 10 should surpass MVP 2005 which was/is a very good game in its own right.

[quote name='llNorcalSharkll']Yes, MLB 09 has some strange looking pitching animations and it was very hard to check swings online an addition to no hit and run and other bugs, nevertheless, it's still a very good game. I feel that the work that is being done by the devs in addition to community input for MLB 10 should surpass MVP 2005 which was/is a very good game in its own right.[/QUOTE]

Go over to OperationSports and post that. There were some game killing bugs in 09, runs not counting etc...

[quote name='kaydigi']Go over to OperationSports and post that. There were some game killing bugs in 09, runs not counting etc...[/QUOTE]I think the dedicated fellows at O.S has got that covered ;)

[quote name='kaydigi']Go over to OperationSports and post that. There were some game killing bugs in 09, runs not counting etc...[/QUOTE]

If he posted that at OS, he'd get banned. They're really not too fond of anyone saying anything negative about SCEA over there (even if it's true)...especially since a few of the developers post on the site.

MLB 09 doesn't track career stats. At all. For hitters, no career walks, strikeouts, OBP, slugging, CS, doubles, triples... that's pathetic. I've read that home run derby is back, which is nice, but unless 10 tracks advanced stats, I'll continue to play World Series 2k3 for dynasty stuff and MLB 09 for The Show. Even then, the manager logic is retarded in RTTS.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If he posted that at OS, he'd get banned. They're really not too fond of anyone saying anything negative about SCEA over there (even if it's true)...especially since a few of the developers post on the site.[/QUOTE]I'm aware of that and that does seem to be the truth even though I thought it was a unbiased fair opinion. newcomers especially, really need to mind their P's and Q's on OS.

All right, now they have my attention, lol. This is crazy as hell, but I give them credit for at least doing something to generate interest again. Who knows. Maybe they did take some steps forward with the game. It's not unthinkable. The 2K baseball games used to be pretty solid.

bread's done
Back