CAGcast #186: Boatcrash, et al.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]The gang gives their thoughts on the iPad, Mass Effect 2, Dark Void, and the success or failure of Project Shitbox. There's still plenty of time for game shopping news, your questions and comments from the CAGbag and Twitter and oh so much more!

[podcast]95[/podcast]
Download - 98 minutes, 47MB

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

and a free Netfix trial![/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
cheapyD theres a problem with itunes. Ive subscribe and this began downloading as 186 but when I listened to it, it was ep 185 just letting u know senor D

Yup. I just D/L'd from iTunes and it is indeed last week's show.

Edit:

Thanks, Cheapy. Yes, it's fixed now. I had to delete #186, unsubscribe, then resubscribe to get the new one to download. If someone downloads it after the fix they shouldn't have to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just downloaded it from the Zune Marketplace and it is #185. Cheapy, you're slackin'. :)

To comment about the God of War 3 Collectors Edition:

My friend is buying it solely so he can keep his weed in it, therefore every time he smokes he's opening Pandora's Box or something.

Yeah, not my $100 but it'll be funny the first few times he does it I'm sure

Shipwreck, I would disagree with you on the planet scanning in Mass Effect 2. While it does require more work than how it was done in the previous game ("press A to auto-scan"), it makes getting upgrades seem much rewarding.

[quote name='volt1up']@Boatcrash

Are bullet upgrades still in the game? Dissolving enemies was fun in ME1[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use powers to give bullets a permanent effect for the entire mission.

Ok. If microsoft is going to market the project shitbox as a wii-fit clone, then they need to apeal to the type of people that play on the 360. ya know, the halo and modern warfare people.

They will call it "360 BOOT-CAMP". It will have you doing push-ups, jumping jacks, and jogging in place! The digital drill instructor will shout at you when you get tired; and break you down both mentally and physically!! Sounds like fun right?! The "Game" will ship in a camo-box and even include a FREE JUMP ROPE! WIN!!

Watch.. it would sell millions...maybe..

The first thing Microsoft needs to do is come out with an official name for Project Shitbox. Project Shitbox as a name isn't something soccer moms are going to jump on.

[quote name='shieryda']"Boatcrash"? What's the story behind that nickname?[/QUOTE]
A ship wreck is a boat that has crashed :roll:

IF you want a positive spin on the iPad then think of it as an advanced Kindle and not as a giant Touch or neutered laptop. It's only $20 more than a Kindle DX.

The advantage of this thing will be convenience. IT's multi-media digital paper you can take onto the couch or in the bedroom or into the kitchen or sit on the coffee table, etc.

[quote name='reg0later']A ship wreck is a boat that has crashed :roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh. I missed that, along with Wombat's "Simpons" train reference.

Re: Magic and WoTC

One has to ask - if it's about the new player experience and they're concerned about expert players whooping up on newbies if they have full deck customization, why not just have an expert mode? That's a BS response from WoTC. Since you have their ear, maybe they'll listen to you?

Wishful thinking, I know...

Thank you for getting all the iPad crap out of the way. While I can see the use for one, I'm kind of sick of hearing about it. I'll wait until a competitor comes out with something better.

Homer: [forced British accent] What advantages does this motor car
have over, say, a train -- which I could also afford?
Salesman: Well, you'll notice how the heated gas pedal warms you feet
while --
[Homer floors it and they speed away]
[two seconds later] -- gently massages your buttocks.
Well, Count Homer, shall we discuss the --
Homer: No, we sha'n't.
[pulls passes from the Salesman's pocket]
Yoink! [runs off]

[quote name='Wombat']Homer: [forced British accent] What advantages does this motor car
while --
Yoink! [runs off][/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. Nope, still doesn't help. Then again, I have been an on-again, off-again Simpsons fan since it's inception.

Shipwreck seemed to get a little tired of the jokes from Wombat and I agree. Being a douche is funny once in a while. Being a a douche all the time is not.

Gotta say I enjoy Shipwreck's description of bad games better than his description of good games. He has a way with words. Keep it up, ship!

I thought giving shipwreck a nickname was a silly idea since shipwreck already is his nickname... and then I heard boatcrash :D.

[quote name='Z_meista']I'm getting tired of Wombat giving Shipwreck so many nicknames in one show. It's annoying.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy and Ship should have a list of nicknames for Wombat on the next show...

[quote name='gman8505']Is it me or does cheapy sound exactly like Barney the dinosaur rapping?! WTF LMAO![/QUOTE]

Holy crap, you are absolutely correct, sir!

[quote name='shieryda']Cheapy and Ship should have a list of nicknames for Wombat on the next show...[/QUOTE]

I thought I said it on the show, but it wasn't my list, the names came from listeners that follow me on twitter.

[quote name='Wombat']I thought I said it on the show, but it wasn't my list, the names came from listeners that follow me on twitter.[/QUOTE]

I know. You posted on Facebook for suggestions, too.

CAGcast hit a new low, IMHO. So now you guys have to PSN game share $3.49 games? Seriously douchey move. Critter Crunch was made and self-published by a very small independent studio called Capybara Games. How about supporting small devs?

I felt bad for Shipwreck - Wombat was at his most annoying in this episode and not funny at all. If he were more animated/interested he could just do a better podcast by himself instead of having to get only 5 words in every Cagcast...after all, he is the only one who knows what he is talking about.

[quote name='gman8505']Is it me or does cheapy sound exactly like Barney the dinosaur rapping?! WTF LMAO![/QUOTE]
haha

In the closing Wombat called ShipWreck: "Day Walker", and you were all confused.... it's from South Park Season 9 Episode 11.
Eric referred to red heads without freckles as Day Walkers.

BOAT CRASH IS THE MAN!

Awesome Dark Void review BOATCRASH i look forward to your full review.
BOATCRASH is the best i've heard in years.

Apple
Dell
HP
Hitachi
LG
Mitsubishi Electric
Panasonic
Pioneer
Philips
Samsung
Sharp
Sony
Sun Microsystems
TDK
Thomson
Twentieth Century Fox
Walt Disney
Warner Bros.

These have are the director people for BR.

I'm glad that you guys talked about Blood Bowl. I'm a pretty big fanatic for the board game version of it and have been debating if I wanted to get the new video game. I did hear that the 360 version is ass compared to the PC version. It was released in Europe last year and most people hate the 360 port. Maybe once the PC version drops in price to $20 or so I'll grab it.

Anyway, Wombat didn't really do justice for the description of the game. It is more similar to rugby than American football as play continues until the half is over or a team scores, rather than resetting after every play. I don't think there are a huge number of novels on just Blood Bowl, but the Warhammer universe does have a lot of books written in it.

Also in this version of the video game you can play in either turn based or real time. I have heard that the turn based is the only way to play as the real time is unbalanced. Everything points to this game being one that only fans of the board game will really enjoy it.

Also thanks for the warning on the spoilers for Dark Void, Shitwreck. As much as the game will suck I'll want to like it anyways.

[quote name='Wombat']Homer: [forced British accent] What advantages does this motor car
while --
Yoink! [runs off][/QUOTE]

It's okay Wombat (Womby?); I was one of the four people that got the reference and laughed.

I agree with the Ipad sentiment. Im a mac user and love most of their products but the Ipad was underwhelming. If it was a macbook pro with a tablet screen, I'd be in but I have no need for this abomination. Btw, Wombat's ass is too big to share his chair with Ship unless he sits on his lap. Just kidding, good luck with the diet.

bread's done
Back