Cross Edge $19.99 (PS3) @ Best Buy (Very YMMV)

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I was on a quest today looking for clearance Xbox games at Gamestop (didn't find any worth buying) and I came upon this little gem at Best Buy. From what I've read, it doesn't seem to be a great SRPG, but for the amount of NIS fan service (Etna in a Prinny suit) $19.99 seemed like a fair price to me. (I think it's been in Amazon's goldbox before, but it was like $35 or something)
[I actually tried to buy it on ebay today, but the ones I was bidding on sold for $25 and $35... Beyond what I was willing to pay]

578668aaa.jpg

Good day for me. :bouncy:

...Also saw :360: Resident Evil 5 CE for $35, but I think that's been reported already.

Most stores don't have it in stock, and you're lucky if they do. I've seen it range from 5 (reported on another thread) to 15 (what I paid), 25 (on another thread) and the other day I saw it for 35. Price is very YMMV, but if you find it, awesome! I still need to play it myself, its sitting on the ol' backlog (which it may wait longer now that I have williams pinball...)

Can you please post your receipt? It's not that I don't believe you, but I actually want to copy the sku for myself. I work at a Best Buy and I want to check what stores near me have the game in stock....thanks!

[quote name='ricshos']can you please post your receipt? It's not that i don't believe you, but i actually want to copy the sku for myself. I work at a best buy and i want to check what stores near me have the game in stock....thanks![/quote]

it's a trap!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Lol, what is so special about that pinball shit? It blows my mind that shit is like 10 pages.[/QUOTE]

Funny that you poke fun at pinball in a thread for Cross Edge, I mean I know it's fan service but this game is pretty mediocre at best. If you actually played "that pinball shit" you would realize it's a steal at $10. Hell it was a steal when I payed $20 for it.

I picked up Cross Edge at one of my BB's about 2 weeks ago for $5, so I think it's safe to say the YMMV is in full effect...

[quote name='ricshos']Can you please post your receipt? It's not that I don't believe you, but I actually want to copy the sku for myself. I work at a Best Buy and I want to check what stores near me have the game in stock....thanks![/QUOTE]

I would if I still had it, I purchased it a long time ago. If there was any other way to find it for ya I would.

[quote name='sgaldis']I picked up Cross Edge at one of my BB's about 2 weeks ago for $5, so I think it's safe to say the YMMV is in full effect...[/QUOTE]

still can't believe you got it for so cheap. the price is very ymmv

I almost bout it at launch but knew it wouldn't do so hot. For this price I'll definitely pick it up, no more waiting!

[quote name='Gosha']That'd be sweet if its 19.99 nationwide. OP, did the person who rang it up need an override of any sort?[/QUOTE]

No. It rang up normally.

I wanted to search for Cross Edge on BB's website to see which stores in my area has it so I can go check, but it's not listed? I tried variations of the spelling (X Edge, Cross Edge, Cross-Edge etc.) If a game is taken off BB's page, does it mean it's on clearance cycle?

I'd purchase at this price. After playing it at a friends I feel its only worth 19.99-29.99 at best. Its a decent title, thats simply my value.

[quote name='estofan']I wanted to search for Cross Edge on BB's website to see which stores in my area has it so I can go check, but it's not listed? I tried variations of the spelling (X Edge, Cross Edge, Cross-Edge etc.) If a game is taken off BB's page, does it mean it's on clearance cycle?[/QUOTE]

In my experience BestBuy.com has one of the worst search engines. You need to go to the specific sections; ps3 in this case, to have a chance at finding what you want. Why can't ever search engine be like Amazon.coms? Anyhow after searching I don't believe its even on the site.

It's a nationally clearanced title at Best Buy (the little price marker should say "clearance" on it). That being said, it will ring up at any number of prices at different Best Buys and will not require a Manager's override to get the clearance price (unless that store is further clearancing the title).

[quote name='Josef']It's a nationally clearanced title at Best Buy (the little price marker should say "clearance" on it). That being said, it will ring up at any number of prices at different Best Buys and will not require a Manager's override to get the clearance price (unless that store is further clearancing the title).[/QUOTE]

Yeah my Tales of Syphonia new world for wii rung up at 11.99 instead of $15.99 clearance and $10 PSN card for $8. Extremely YMMV.

I did pick up Cross X Edge for $15.99 at the one bestbuy that does good ymmv pricing.

[quote name='Pookymeister']personally, I've never had a clearance title ring up for what it was marked - i think Cross Edge came up for 29.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is the "clearance" price for that store. It was $39.99 at the one near me. It sounds like you got it for $10 because that store decided to further markdown the title, thus resulting in a Manager's override of the price. I've seen this title also ring up at $24.99 at a different Best Buy.

I know the reviews have been very "meh", but I'm definitely gonna check the local BB tomorrow. They had some of this last time I was there, but I don't remember seeing a price.

Or, if I did, it was probably $30. $20 is usually what I spend on titles I don't think will be very good (or, titles I don't think I'll play too much of).

my local bb had this marked at 19.99 too. regular white tab board and yellow sticker so it was not in "bargin bin".

[quote name='glemtvapen']Interesting. Can one call a local BB to find out their price?
Don't feel like driving just to find it out.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. Although, they might just check their computer system and I don't know if clearance titles are in there.

Just to give people a heads up there is a whole ton of free DLC for the game on the PSstore and it helps to because this game can be difficult :D

I just picked up a copy at my local BB for this price. I don't think this is YMMV, the OP should change the title. The tag said $19.99 on clearance from $49.99, no dot stickers or any override was needed.

My Best Buy had about twenty copies all lined up near the new releases for whatever reason and sure enough $19.99. Wasn't on clearance or anything like that. Good find OP

If anyone picks up an extra copy for that price, I'd be willing to buy it off of them (With shipping covered and some gas money thrown in there)

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Funny that you poke fun at pinball in a thread for Cross Edge, I mean I know it's fan service but this game is pretty mediocre at best. If you actually played "that pinball shit" you would realize it's a steal at $10. Hell it was a steal when I payed $20 for it.[/QUOTE]
lol i dont like that pinball shit either but its just personal taste really.

Not to bash the game, but it is pretty terrible. I guess if you really, really are a fan of the franchises it is worth it. But even then, I got about 2 hours in and could not take it anymore.

The battle system was fun and truly a blast. It was just everything else was so poor it got to the point I could not even enjoy that anymore and just had to get my money back.

Thanks OP! I picked up the last copy (that I saw anyways) @ my closest BB store for $19.99. I was wanting to try it out, but not wanting to spend $40+ on it @ Game Stop or Amazon. I'm glad to add it to my growing PS3 RPG collection.

I pre-ordered mine and got it day one. Payed $50 for it and honestly I have no regret. Truthfully though, it IS mostly fanservice for followers of past niche titles from NIS, Gust, etc. but thats probably why i LOVE it. And yes, the battle system is great IMO.

I enjoyed this game quite a bit. The battles system is very similar to the original Valkyrie Profile, and the story was often very humorous. The dungeon exploration was unique and interesting. Obviously if you are a fan of the games the characters are originally from or just love this sort of fanservice, you'll enjoy it more.

I took that SKU to my BB after I couldn't find a copy in store and had the employee do a district search on it. Luckily there was ONE copy left in another Best Buy in my city. I believe there were 3 copies at another store in the district (if you live in Nebraska, send me a PM for the store). Out of the 20ish stores in the district there were only 4 total copies... You were right, it is Very YMMV.

I would suggest that if you are looking for the game to take the SKU with you and ask a BB employee to do a search for you. Maybe you will get lucky and another store in the area will have it in stock. :)

Picked this up on Thursday at my BB in Orlando (Waterford) for $19.99 as well.

Was the only PS3 game with the little on sale sticker.

bread's done
Back