Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

Filler2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey everybody:

Sorry I've been MIA for the last bunch of months, but I figured I might as well do the responsible thing and start it up again. Feel free to send me friend codes via PM, as Im sure some of you have been playing your Japanese versions.

If you have no idea as to what Pokemon Black and White is:
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/

NA Friend Codes:
Coming Soon

JP Friend Codes:

Last edited by a moderator:
That still seems kind of soon, I'll need a year of hype or so before it comes out in Japan first. Besides, I'd rather have them redo what they have. Some of those beasts aren't very useful. I'll welcome a few more, but that's tops.

Heres what Im hoping for.

More Eevee evolutions.
A steel, some sort of ground, rock type. A poison.
Or the sweetest would be a ghost type.

Evoltions of the Abra line and Ralts line would be cool.

Yeah, I'd love to see Abra or Kadabra have different evolution paths. I think it would be pretty cool to see Kadabra go from a Psychic Pokemon to a Ghost Pokemon or Dark Pokemon. Or even Abra for that matter.

But, I don't know about this 5th gen coming out this early.... If it's true, the Pokemon Company are beginning to crank out games, which either means they are working hard and fast, or they are just doing it for profits sakes. What I mean by profits sakes is, they are not putting much effort into the game to make it awesome.

You know what is going to happen? A new location, new kind of pokédex, a new prof., A new useless HM Holder (and its evolved form), A new set of flying type birds, a new set of weak bug pokémon, and a whole bunch of Cliché pokémon that some will like and others will complain about, all will buy. Done, lets move onto the next gen pokémon!

Don't get too excited, folks.

Pokemon games generally get released around September in Japan. The way they build it up is by revealing new Pokemon via the movies and TV series, first. Then the massive waves of information and screenshots fly in for the upcoming main series.

Considering this hasn't happened yet, it's too soon to say it'll be exactly a 5th gen game. I'd say it's likely to be a spin-off title that features 5th gen Pokemon having cameos, similar to how Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness had cameos for Munchlax and Bonsly but were unobtainable within the game.

[quote name='Tsukento']Don't get too excited, folks.

Pokemon games generally get released around September in Japan. The way they build it up is by revealing new Pokemon via the movies and TV series, first. Then the massive waves of information and screenshots fly in for the upcoming main series.

Considering this hasn't happened yet, it's too soon to say it'll be exactly a 5th gen game. I'd say it's likely to be a spin-off title that features 5th gen Pokemon having cameos, similar to how Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness had cameos for Munchlax and Bonsly but were unobtainable within the game.[/QUOTE]

Well it is most likely the 5th gen as the fact that the translated link (I posted earlier in the thread) mentioned Game Freak and they only work on the main line of pokemon. As they just redid Silver/Gold, I doubt it's another remake.

Well, even if it's a new crystal, Id be psyched.

This gen would be coming out with a bit less hype than the last gen, but it will have been 4 years since Diamond/Pearl

I actually kinda hope we get a Ruby/Sapphire remake next gen. That had the best map of any game. It was big and had such variation between areas. It's great but can use a face lift.

I want to see more unique types. A pure Flying pokemon is an absolute must. We also need a Grass/Dragon (Dragon and Ice are Dragon's only weakness. Everything that is weak to Ice except Grass has been paired with Ice).
A Dragon Eevee evolution would be cool. I'd like a Ghost/Fighting type, too.

Looking at the past releases, I still say it doesn't sound reasonable that the 5th gen will be happening this soon after this announcement.

A strange bird that is unknown to the main protagonist and Pokedex appears in the first episode of the Pokemon anime in 1997, marking the first debut of a Pokemon not in Red, Green or Blue in Japan. This would turn out to be Ho-Oh. Nintendo announced Gold and Silver in 1997. On May 1998, Ash finds a strange Pokemon egg. During June 1998, Togepi hatches from its egg in the TV series. On the following month, we're introduced to Donphan and its Rollout attack in the first Pokemon movie. We also saw moves such Shadow Ball (Mewtwo) and Rapid Spin (Blastoise). In the short featured with the movie, we're introduced to Marril and Snubull. Lugia later makes its debut in its movie in 1999 as well as Slowking, with Bellossom, Ledyba, Hoothoot and Elekid making their debuts in the short that was also in the main movie. During an announcement earlier in the year for the then upcoming Gold and Silver, we saw the first artwork and sprites for several Pokemon, including the then newly revealed Ampharos.

2001 saw the revealing of Kecleon in the TV series. Then we saw Latios and Latias on July 2002 in their own movie. In the Pikachu short included, Wailmer makes its debut. A later Pikachu short included the debuts of Volbeat, Duskull and Wynaut (who had appeared in the TV series a month before). In September 2002, Japan got Ruby and Sapphire.

July 2004 revealed Munchlax in the Deoxys movie, who would later appear in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness in 2005. with the Lucario movie revealing Lucario, Bonsly (who also appeared in Gale of Darkness), Mime Jr. and Weavile in 2005. Chatot later made its debut in an episode in July 2006, while also appearing in a movie during the same month. Mantyke, Buizel and Manaphy each made an appearance in the Manaphy movie released in July 2006.

So far, we have zero info on any upcoming generation. So it's best not to jump to conclusions, even if GameFreak is involved. Best to wait for the upcoming movie in July this year, as the end of each Pokemon movie has a teaser for the following movie. This year's is focused more on the HG/SS events, including Celebi and the Legendary Beast trio as the main Pokemon.

[quote name='Filler2001']Well, even if it's a new crystal, Id be psyched. [/QUOTE]
Not gonna happen. Elements of Crystal were implemented into HG/SS, such as the Suicune, Eusine and Unown events.

[quote name='icedrake523']I actually kinda hope we get a Ruby/Sapphire remake next gen. That had the best map of any game. It was big and had such variation between areas. It's great but can use a face lift.[/QUOTE]
Hoenn was terrible. Best map? It was mostly water! You spent more time Surfing and Diving and running into an ungodly number of Pokemon that were either usually Kanto rip-offs or terrible Water-types. There were waaaay too many new Water-types. There were a few decent Pokemon, but not as many good ones as in the 1st, 2nd and 4th generations.

Not to mention, it was more of a step backwards than forward when it came to introducing new concepts. The only real new things really introduced were Abilities, Contests and EVs.

Yeah, I don't really see why Ruby/Sapphire need remakes, ecspecially not anytime soon. G/S I can see; that was two generations of handhelds ago. R/S really aren't that old, and they feel a lot "newer' and less "classic" than G/S and R/B.

[quote name='Tsukento']Hoenn was terrible. Best map? It was mostly water! You spent more time Surfing and Diving and running into an ungodly number of Pokemon that were either usually Kanto rip-offs or terrible Water-types. There were waaaay too many new Water-types. There were a few decent Pokemon, but not as many good ones as in the 1st, 2nd and 4th generations.[/QUOTE]
It was the best map because it had so many areas that were different. In every other Pokemon game, most of the areas are the same. Hoenn had more variation than any other game.

I thought RSE added more good Pokemon than Gen 2 and 4. I think the starters are the best of any gen. Gen 4 added a LOT of crappy Pokemon. Not to mention Chimchar and Ponyta were the only two pre-Elite 4 fire types in D/P. I wouldn't have enjoyed Diamond as much as I did if the post-E4 pokemon selection wasn't as good and you couldn't migrate Pokemon from the GBA games.

As I said earlier, since they just remade Silver and Gold I doubt they would remake Ruby and Sapphire right after. I expect a brand new generation. I forgot to mention earlier a new fire, water, and grass starter pokemon will be in it.

[quote name='ImLuhkee'] I forgot to mention earlier a new fire, water, and grass starter pokemon will be in it.[/QUOTE]
I never would have guessed.

Where in the world did you hear that info? There isn't anything aside from vague details that there'll be new games later this year.

I hear they are coming out with a new Pokemon Ranger game coming out.
Maybe they will debut new pokemon on there.

Im hoping for more Eevee evolvtions.
Also some cool new Psy/other combo of types.

If anything, we need more Fire-types, along with better a few more better Poison and Bug-types (not mixes, but the separate types).

Fire really need more types after the crap job they did with them in DPPt. They only added 5. 3 were the starter and its evolutions, 1 a trade evolution of an old Pokemon (Magmortar), and the other a legendary (Heatran).

[quote name='Tsukento']Where in the world did you hear that info? There isn't anything aside from vague details that there'll be new games later this year.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to what I said will be in the next pokemon game? I only wrote down things they do for EVERY new pokemon generation:roll:.

I'm expecting Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn and a new region to be put altogether.

Haha yeah, right. But it would be totally awesome.

[quote name='david12795']I'm expecting Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn and a new region to be put altogether.

Haha yeah, right. But it would be totally awesome.[/QUOTE]

It'd be an awesome Wii game.

Im gonna go with a fighter/ghost type being added along with the de-evolved version of Abra, annddd something after Persian.

Don't question this. I have insider info.

[quote name='icedrake523']It'd be an awesome Wii game.[/QUOTE]

a real 3d Pokemon game would be awesome. Still waiting for it to happen at some point. I'm guessing once Nintendo gets into another rut it'll pull out this big gun.

That is most likely why they have not made a 3-d one yet. They are saving it until they feel they have no other choice. One last ploy to catch 'em all!

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Are you referring to what I said will be in the next pokemon game? I only wrote down things they do for EVERY new pokemon generation:roll:.[/QUOTE]
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that you're claiming that new starter Pokemon will be in the game without so much as any concrete proof that it's even going to be 5th gen, let alone those specific Pokemon.

All we know so far is that something's coming out later in the year and that there'll be new Pokemon. Nothing more. Nothing hinting it'll be 5th gen or that it'll even be the starters.

As I've shown already with their past, the starters were never revealed first and it generally takes them a year to promote everything before releasing new games.

[quote name='adriley313']It looks like crazy evolution of Lucario.[/QUOTE]

I saw this fan made image to go along with the Lucario theoroy

fandraw.png

Well that image sure does look convincing that it could be a Lucario evolution type.

You know what I miss? Hey You! Pikachu, and Pokemon Channel. I miss those games the most, why can't Nintendo give us those games again? I miss them, and I enjoyed them. Sure, they got terrible reviews, but I enjoyed it.

Anyway, 5th generation of Pokemon... Why does it have to be on the DS? I want a new handheld already Nintendo. I still don't understand why the DSi is $170, 30 dollars less than a Wii. I don't enjoy the DS at all to be honest, I don't like the two screens. It makes it hard for me to enjoy games on it.

[quote name='Tsukento']I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that you're claiming that new starter Pokemon will be in the game without so much as any concrete proof that it's even going to be 5th gen, let alone those specific Pokemon.

All we know so far is that something's coming out later in the year and that there'll be new Pokemon. Nothing more. Nothing hinting it'll be 5th gen or that it'll even be the starters.

As I've shown already with their past, the starters were never revealed first and it generally takes them a year to promote everything before releasing new games.[/QUOTE]

I missed your post I didn't see it. As I already stated, I came to that conclusion BECAUSE the link(which is official) I posted listed GameFreak as the publisher. Which only produces the Pokemon ds main series line. Since nintendo just remade two of their series I doubt they would remake more right after. This is a reasonable hypothesis, that they will be releasing a 5th generation of pokemon. The picture Ryukahn posted also helps my hypothesis. It almost seems to me you are taking this personally, I am sorry if you think that.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I saw this fan made image to go along with the Lucario theoroy

fandraw.png
[/QUOTE]

I honestly though this at first too. Possibly there is a reason for that, because it is. Or possibly we are just seeing what we want to. For all we know it could have nothing to do with any of the previous pokemon we have seen.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']I thought it would be a new sandslash evolution.... or maybe growlithe?[/QUOTE]

I wish they would have done more with Growlithe he is still one of my favorite pokemon.

Yes they should make some new forms of the all gen pokemon
like abra, a diiferent form of dragonite, \growlithe, vulpix
just give us more evos of our fav

Serebii.net has posted scans of the pokemon in the silhouette as well as it's pre-evolution form. It's a dark type pokemon.

I'm really liking the two poke'mon they have shown can't wait to see more pictures.

The little dark fox one reminds me of my black and tan shiba inu Saya. =)

Kinda disappointed that from what I have seen, they didn't stick with your party leader following you. But so far it looks interesting.

I hope they do go back and put it back in. I really like that about HG/SS. I rarely use my bike because of it. I'm going to get 1 of every pokemon on my SS cart so I can see how walking with all of them looks.

[quote name='icedrake523']I hope they do go back and put it back in. I really like that about HG/SS. I rarely use my bike because of it. I'm going to get 1 of every pokemon on my SS cart so I can see how walking with all of them looks.[/QUOTE]

Well of course you gotta catch 'em all! I am curious as to what some of them look like 'walking'. I don't think I have used my bike since I got it in HG/SS, lol.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Well of course you gotta catch 'em all! I am curious as to what some of them look like 'walking'. I don't think I have used my bike since I got it in HG/SS, lol.[/QUOTE]

I already did it in Diamond. Though I cheated to get Johto legendaries (and Deoxys since I missed the event). It was before these remakes were announced. I didn't want to play the GC games to get them or wait.

bread's done
Back