Air Force building super computer out of PS3s

Or make one out of a computer which would be more powerful. I don't give a shit about a green supercomputer. It's a GODDAMN SUPER COMPUTER!

[quote name='Chronis']y they no make suporcmpter from 360!?! it just as gud![/QUOTE]

cause having 1 xbox 360 in an open space causes itself to overheat, not to mention if you have like 200 of them in lined up...

my question is... are they using slims? that will save them 33% on energy and room =)

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']great, now the PS3 will become SkyNet. Way to go, Sony.....[/QUOTE]

if only theyd do it with 360s then wed all know the machines would overheat and crash before they could start their takeover of the earth.

[quote name='lokizz']if only theyd do it with 360s then wed all know the machines would overheat and crash before they could start their takeover of the earth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah all you'd see is terminators with rrod eyes

PS3, it does everything.

PS3's are cheaper though compared to buying a bunch of PC's with 3.2 ghz processors with multiple cores. They would have to use older PS3s too since I am guessing they have to put a different OS on them.

[quote name='FroMann']PS3, it does everything.

PS3's are cheaper though compared to buying a bunch of PC's with 3.2 ghz processors with multiple cores. They would have to use older PS3s too since I am guessing they have to put a different OS on them.[/QUOTE]

The AIR FORCE would have troubles getting an OS on a PS3 slim?

^^Indeed. If they are getting 1700 of them I'm sure they are working with sony and having them put in a special OS, or at least leave it open for them to use whatever OS they want.

No wonder I paid almost 4 grand into taxes and I'm not even getting one fourth of that back.

bread's done
Back