CAG Marketplace Now in Open Beta, Available to All

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
June 26, 2011
We just reached a few pretty nice milestones: the CAG community has added over 1,000,000 games to their user collections, 168,000 games to their wish lists and 40,000 items are available for sale or trade on the CAG Marketplace. If you haven't checked out these features, do it now!

[IMG-R=5838]10521[/IMG-R][preview]The CAG Marketplace open beta is now available to anyone with a CAG account. Access is available through the main navigation bar at the top of every page.

Features now online:

• Buy, sell and trade games with fellow CAGs - 100% FREE
  • Get matched up automatically with buyers/traders/sellers with priority given to those marked as friends (or friends of friends) and those with high feedback
  • Easily list your available games for trade only, for sale at a specific prices, or consider all offers
  • Compare retailer new prices, used prices, and trade-in values from most Marketplace pages
  • Chat in real time with users while trading; conversations will be saved
  • Browse a user's trade & wish lists while making trade proposals
  • Edit game trading status/info directly from your collection pages
  • Marketplace availability appears on CAG game info pages for maximum exposure (example)
  • Integrated feedback system (previous CAG feedback will be imported)
  • Store multiple shipping addresses and preferred PayPal address
[/preview] Features coming soon:

• Further Marketplace integration with other parts of CAG
  • Combined Collection and Trade List page
  • Browse by platform, price, and more
  • Add Available for Sale/Trade filter in My Matches

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback on this early version of the CAG Marketplace!

5/29 UPDATE
[quote name='John']Lots of changes today, including:
- Notification under the CAG logo when there are trades that require your attention.
- A speech bubble icon now denotes a trade that has been updated since you last viewed it.
- Trades that have recently been updated (or had messages posted to) will automatically be brought out of the archive regardless of status.
- Trades that have been accepted can now be cancelled, providing no items have been sent.
- A PM reminder will be sent to a user who hasn't responded to an offer for 3 days.
- Trade offers that haven't been responded to will be cancelled after 7 days.
- Inactive trades that are 30 days old will automatically have their status resolved and be moved to the archive. (Based on the previous status of the trade, and whether or not items have been sent/received.)
- A PM reminder will be sent if a user hasn't left feedback within 7 days of the end of the trade.

Tomorrow, we'll be adding:
- Price suggestion, when making an offer on a game.
- Mod escalation, users can ask to have a mod intervene in a trade. (Mods will be able to participate in the trade chat.)
- New payment methods.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I'll check it out when I get home and have time to explore. And I'm suprised so many people want InFamous yet. It's a good game but its been out awhile. I guess there just hasn't been any good deals for it.

jeezus.. im going to hate filling in my game collection (1k+ games)
Luckily my wishlist is small enough that I just keep my eye on the cag prices here and there and swoop in for the low price kill.

Cant wait to put this to some good use.

When a trade offer is made, very little information is sent in the private message that is created. Could the details of the trade (i.e. trading x for x, or paying x for x) be placed into the private message?

How does cost of shipping work in buying or trading? Trading I imagine no money changes hands, but is the cost to buy a game including shipping?

EDIT: Wait I just clicked again and it is now available. I tried numerous times and got the message. But it seems good now..

Just curious but when I'm in the Marketplace and click on "Tradelist", I get this message....

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
  3. Users must be registered for 30 days before being able to leave trade feedback or create threads in the Referral or CAG Trading Forum. You may reply to threads created by other users.
Is this not available yet or do I need to do something else?

[quote name='mikeja72']How does cost of shipping work in buying or trading? Trading I imagine no money changes hands, but is the cost to buy a game including shipping?[/QUOTE]Yes shipping should be including in the price, we will make that more clear for seller and buyer.

[quote name='cag1000']Just curious but when I'm in the Marketplace and click on "Tradelist", I get this message...[/QUOTE]That should be fixed now. Sorry!

On the iPhone I'm only getting about a 10% success rate when clicking on the marketplace link up top. I've tried 3g and my wireless Internet but when it does load I went to add games and it wouldn't load that page at all. I tried other sites and they load fine. Even other cag sites, but the trading keeps locking up.

I think this bug still seems to be around....if you look at "My Matches" list for example.....in the "Cheapeast - CAG Marketplace" it will say $25 from XUserX....the problem is when you click on the list of users...XUserX only had it for trade.....so the price and the Name are not being associated correctly.

Screw it I'll bring my trade here. I have infamous. Wanna trade for MW2. Either system fine but prefer 360. I'll throw in $5 in the game case to cover your shipping as well. PM me please

Feedback seems to have some sort of issue. In the marketplace I only have one bit of feedback listed though it says score of 3. In itrader I have 3 listed.

Does it only import things you've bought or things you've sold or something?

WOW, CheapyD and team you did a great job with it. I am going to no longer use Craigslist or Amazon. Thanks.

Oh...how do I add a game not listed? Little Big Planet just doesn't want to show up for me.

Since there's an option for CSV downloads of your collection, will there be a CSV file upload option?

Feedback numbers also appear to be off. It's pulling the correct iTrader number for the total unique numbers of feedback, though total positive feeback numbers are off and only showing data back from 02/01/09, not the current date.

Oh shit, I thought it had been open...no wonder hardly anybody was using it...

And

[quote name='horns456']Oh...how do I add a game not listed? Little Big Planet just doesn't want to show up for me. [/QUOTE]

LittleBigPlanet is one word. The search doesn't do partial words right now.

Yeah feedback seems to be off.. I have 13 iTrader feedback, but on the marketplace I have 0.

Otherwise, GREAT new addition to CAG :)

Thanks, but I do have one grief. I was going to add my Final Fantasy collection to my list of games, but some games aren't in the system. When I first entered 'Final Fantasy', I would only get a page of results and that was it. Entering individual names were hit or miss such as 'Final Fantasy X'.

Question about the trading process in general. If I make a few proposals to trade and lets say 2 people both accept those offers, can I still back one out without getting bad feedback? I have Bioshock and I see a few people selling Mass Effect 1, I'd love to make a bunch of offers and see who bites on that offer. BUT I don't want to piss someone off if I say sorry I traded it already.

Any advice would help. Thanks.

Nice! Finally convinced me to register! ;D

[quote name='CloudStrife7']I love it! No longer will gamers have to trade in games for horrid prices at game stores. Thanks for making it available.[/QUOTE]
Well you could always sell it on amazon or ebay, bro. lol Nobody forces you to trade in games for 1/10th their actual price.

Wow, this looks great. I had no idea you were looking to make a more official form of trading for the site. Might very well interest me in trying it out at some point.

I am confused a bit about one piece. If I choose to trade a game with one person, then make an offer for the same thing with another person the original trade disappears.

Feedback syncing will be done later on today, in place of the old iTrader system. In the meantime, some of the feedback totals might be wrong.

[quote name='horns456']I am confused a bit about one piece. If I choose to trade a game with one person, then make an offer for the same thing with another person the original trade disappears.[/QUOTE]

Looking into this.

[quote name='horns456']Question about the trading process in general. If I make a few proposals to trade and lets say 2 people both accept those offers, can I still back one out without getting bad feedback? I have Bioshock and I see a few people selling Mass Effect 1, I'd love to make a bunch of offers and see who bites on that offer. BUT I don't want to piss someone off if I say sorry I traded it already.

Any advice would help. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

We'll have to have a think about this... on one hand it could get annoying if people submit offers to everyone owning a copy of a game with low offers, hoping for a bite - but on the other hand being able to send a few different offers with some game overlap could be useful. If so, we'll probably add an option to let users automatically cancel a trade request as soon as a game is added to their collection, or another trade containing that game is accepted.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Awesome, but we should be able to add MS points, subscriptions, movies, and other tech/accessories.[/QUOTE]

There's a good chance that we'll be doing that.

[quote name='shrike4242']Since there's an option for CSV downloads of your collection, will there be a CSV file upload option?

Feedback numbers also appear to be off. It's pulling the correct iTrader number for the total unique numbers of feedback, though total positive feeback numbers are off and only showing data back from 02/01/09, not the current date.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I can add CSV import for collections/trade lists. Could you send me a sample file? (I've PM'd you my email address.)

Feedback syncing will be done later on today, in place of the old iTrader system. In the meantime, some of the feedback totals might be wrong.

[quote name='horriblehager']Cheapy were is the IPHONE app. If it is available what do I need to search for in the apps store?[/QUOTE]

I'll be finishing off the app as soon as I'm done with the major marketplace bugs/requested features. Apparently the app store approval process is a lot quicker nowadays, so it shouldn't be too long after that.

[quote name='John']Looking into this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. What I did today was make 3 different offers with Bioshock (1 sent to me, 2 I sent out). It only shows 1 trade, but all 3 of the text comments under the last trade.

[quote name='John']We'll have to have a think about this... on one hand it could get annoying if people submit offers to everyone owning a copy of a game with low offers, hoping for a bite - but on the other hand being able to send a few different offers with some game overlap could be useful. If so, we'll probably add an option to let users automatically cancel a trade request as soon as a game is added to their collection, or another trade containing that game is accepted. [/QUOTE]

That would be great, keep in mind that some people may have multiple copies of a game, so this could cause them problems too.

Thanks for the feedback, the feature is now my number 1 reason to log into CAG multiple times a day.

Are you going to add in the option to list shipping cost? I don't think any of the games listed that I'm interested include shipping cost. I did notice a user make a comment that the price included shipping cost, but that was it.

Also notice that people are listing movies as games. I saw 'Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children' listed as a PS3 game. I know that in Japan the movie included the FF13 demo.

COOL! this would let me stop paying goozex for credits and stop going to Gamestop

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back