Winter Steals! 40 - 70% Progressive Discount on Comics, Toys, and More at TFAW.com

Looking at the list now, lots of decent stuff. I'm risking it until a higher percentage off hits though.

I just spent $300 fixing things in my bathroom so I'm going to have to chance waiting. I saved a hell of a lot back when they had their big nick and dent sale.

Everything rolls over to 50% off, and over 500 items get added to the sale, at 12:01 a.m. PST, February 08. Just a few hours away!

Only 2 of my items were part of the sale, the others were nick & dent or clearance sale so I only saved a couple of bucks waiting a few ours. There's some in my wishlist that are part of the sale, I'll be back at the end of the month to check on them.

1 B.P.R.D. Vol. 1: Hollow Earth and Other Stories TPB
1 Dark Horse Book of Hauntings HC
1 Dark Tower Treachery Prem HC - nick & dent
1 Solomon Kane Volume 1 TPB: The Castle of the Devil - nick & dent
1 ZombieWorld: Champion of the Worms 2nd Ed. TPB

Everything in our sale rolled to 60% off today!

Plus, we added ALL of our nick and dents to the sale (they'll stay in it through the discounts too), bringing the total number of items on sale to 3,200+!

My first order came in the mail today and everything looks great. I'll be putting in my larger order once it hits 70% off.

Ordered twice from the sale last year, glad it happened again.

Put in a decent sized order today, I was going to wait for 70% but I got tired of watching items on my list hit backorder.

Who knows, I might do a small order on monday for the 70% stuff.

Complete Madman Comics Vol. 4 TPB
Civil War Heroes For Hire TPB
Essential X-Men TPB Vol. 4
Essential Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 TPB
Essential Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe TPB Vol. 3 (Master Edition)
Essential Captain America TPB Vol. 1
Essential Punisher TPB Vol. 2
Goon Volume 2: My Murderous Childhood (and Other Grievous Yarns) TPB
Goon Volume 3: Heaps of Ruination TPB
Invincible TPB Vol. 3 Perfect Strangers
Mighty Avengers TPB 01 Ultron Initiative
Madman Comics: Yearbook '95 TPB
Maxx Book 4 TPB
New Warriors TPB Vol. 02 Thrashed
Omega Flight TPB - Alpha To Omega
Superman/Madman Hullabaloo! TPB
Hellboy Volume 5: Conqueror Worm TPB
Hellboy Volume 3: The Chained Coffin and Others TPB
Hellboy Volume 4: The Right Hand of Doom TPB
Hellboy Volume 2: Wake the Devil TPB
BCW Comic Bags 100 pk (Current)
BCW Comic Bags 100 pk (Silver)
She-Hulk TPB Vol. 08 Secret Invasion Dm Ed
Subtotal: $148.05
Shipping: Free
Total: $148.05

Just put in my order:

Astonishing X-Men TPB Vol. 3: Torn - nick & dent
Astonishing X-Men TPB Vol. 4 - Unstoppable - nick & dent
Hellboy Volume 1: Seed of Destruction TPB
Marvels TPB
Moon Knight Prem HC Vol. 04 Death Of Marc Spector
New Avengers HC Vol. 7 - Trust - nick & dent
New Avengers HC Vol. 8 Secret Invasion Book 1 - nick & dent
New Avengers HC Vol. 9 Secret Invasion Book 2 - nick & dent
Secret Invasion TPB - nick & dent
Spider-Man Brand New Day TPB Vol. 1
Wolverine Logan Prem HC - nick & dent
Wolverine Origins TPB Vol 1 - Born In Blood - nick & dent
Wolverine: Evolution TPB - nick & dent
Wolverine: Tales Of Weapon X HC - nick & dent

Hopefully that'll tide me over until your spring cleaning sale.

Sweet! Just scored all the Gears of War Series 4 figures for only $5 each! Even got an extra Ticker just for the heck of it. Not bad for $25! Thanks ANGURA.

None of them left in stock now, except for Marcus Fenix in Theron disguise.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Sweet! Just scored all the Gears of War Series 4 figures for only $5 each! Even got an extra Ticker just for the heck of it. Not bad for $25! Thanks ANGURA.

None of them left in stock now, except for Marcus Fenix in Theron disguise.[/QUOTE]

Lame i missed that. i grabbed the goon figurines though. Also Goon TPB vol 3 is $3.88.

Damn, another sale!

I remember the last one, it cost me a bloody fortune, well I'm not falling for that again, I'm only going to buy TPB's that fill in gaps in my collection!!!!

*looks through list*

*add stuff to checkout*

*$237 later*

I hate you and I hate your sales......

[quote name='knight19']URHOT is good for free shipping off $25 orders for those of us exercising some restraint ;)[/QUOTE]

If you can't find $40 worth of TFAW goodness to buy with these 70% off prices, I'd be shocked. Really, the prices can't be beat. 70% off, free shipping, and no tax for most.

I've spent far too much on these sales, but I just can't resist. TFAW is awesome.

Also, another note for those of you new to TFAW, the items listed as "Nick & Dent" are often in very good shape. Sometimes there will be a slight crease or something in a graphic novel, but for the most part I have a hard time telling the difference between a regular and a nick & dent item.

Moddest amount... free shipping is win! saved over 10 bucks ...

Quantity Item Available Price
1 Civil War TPB: Wolverine - nick & dent
$8.99
1 Decimation TPB: X-Men - The Day After - nick & dent
$4.79
1 House Of M TPB: World Of M Fearturing Wolverine - nick & dent
$4.19
1 Marvel Comics Presents Wolverine TPB Vol. 1 - nick & dent
$3.89
1 Wolverine Classic TPB Vol. 3 - nick & dent
$4.49
1 Wolverine Classic TPB Vol. 1 - nick & dent
$3.89
1 Wolverine TPB Vol. 1: The Brotherhood - nick & dent
$3.89
1 Wolverine HC - The Death Of Wolverine
$5.99

Put in my order:

Quantity Item Available Price
1 Alias Vol. 2 TPB: Come Home - nick & dent $4.19
1 Alias Vol. 3 TPB: The Underneath - nick & dent $5.09
1 Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 4 TPB - nick & dent $7.48
1 Club 9 Volume 1 TPB - nick & dent $2.40
1 Essential Avengers TPB Vol. 1 (2nd Edition) - nick & dent $5.09
1 Last Temptation HC $4.48
1 Runaways TPB (Digest) Vol. 3: The Good Die Young - nick & dent $2.39
1 Runaways Vol. 1 Dead End Kids Premiere HC - nick & dent $5.99
1 Runaways TPB (Digest) Vol. 2: Teenage Wasteland - nick & dent $2.39
1 Spider-Man Marvel Knights TPB Vol. 1: Down Among the Dead Men - nick & dent $2.99
1 Violent Cases $4.48
1 Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 3: Uninvited Guests TPB $3.28
1 Civil War Young Avengers & Runaways TPB - nick & dent $3.59
1 Translucent Volume 2 - nick & dent $2.98
1 Translucent Volume 3 - nick & dent $2.98
Subtotal: $59.80
Total: $59.80

Hey all,

Just a quick howdy and THANK YOU for your support of this sale. I'm not the sort to blow smoke up your *ss, obviously we enjoy the sales.

But,

As a company we all love seeing how stoked our fellow comic fans get over these events and, speaking personally, it always makes me smile for weeks to see all the great stuff my fellow CAGs grab.

So thanks, and always feel free to hit me up here on the boards or at my work email:

[email protected]

if there's anything I can do to make your experience with TFAW better.

We know damn well that our business is a partnership with you, and I'm listening.

Thanks again, we have nothing but gratitude for your support.

Cheers,

Andrew (ANGURA)

1 1 Astonishing X-Men Vol. 1 HC Var - nick & dent
2 1 Booster Gold HC Vol. 1 - 52 Pick Up
3 1 Captain America TPB Operation Rebirth New Printing - nick & dent
4 1 Flat Shipping Coupon(CABLE) review it! shipped
5 1 Ghost Rider TPB Hell Bent Heaven Bound - nick & dent
6 1 Heart of Empire: The Legacy of Luther Arkwright Ltd. Ed. HC
7 1 Spider-Man Prem HC Kravens First Hunt - nick & dent
8 1 Spider-Man Prem HC Vol. 3 Brand New Day - nick & dent
9 1 Thor Prem HC Ages Of Thunder - nick & dent
10 1 Trials Of Shazam TPB Vol. 02

All for under $100

Man... really thinking about putting in a 2nd order.

Glad to see another free shipping code pop up. Almost able to get the whole Hellsing series. The only Transmet book on sale and it's the one I need to replace! The copy I have has pages 98-112 replaced with repeats of 82-96. I hope this one doesn't have the same screw-up.

1 Flat Shipping Coupon(URHOT)
1 Hellboy: Weird Tales Volume 1 TPB
1 Hellboy: Weird Tales Volume 2 TPB
1 Hellsing Volume 2 TPB
1 Hellsing Volume 3 TPB
1 Hellsing Volume 4 TPB
1 Hellsing Volume 5 TPB
1 Hellsing Volume 6 TPB
1 Hellsing Volume 8 - nick & dent
1 Hellsing Volume 9 TPB - nick & dent
1 Transmetropolitan TPB Vol. 7: Spider's Thrash

I have never read a comic book before , well actually I have never even picked one up . I guess I wouldnt mind to start reading them . Where should I start ? I am about to order Penny Arcade Vol. 1 & 2 . But I think I want some kind of dark , not a horror , but a dark style of comic . Is there a comic where any of the Marvel character goes bad ??

Okay I picked these up , remember I have NEVER picked up a comic in my LIFE that is why i only got 2 of them

Family Guy Action Figure Series 3: Christobel - nick & dent
1 Flat Shipping Coupon(NLSGN)
1 Hellsing Ultimate Journal - nick & dent
1 Kellogg's: Tony the Tiger® Tin Sign - nick & dent
1 Kotobukiya Robocop: MK-2 - nick & dent
1 Mutts: Mooch Vinyl Figure
1 Penny Arcade Volume 1: Attack of the Bacon Robots! TPB - nick & dent \
1 Penny Arcade Volume 2: Epic Legends of the Magic Sword Kings! TPB - nick & dent
________________________________________________________________________________

Total: 27.50 FREE SHIPPING :D

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I have never read a comic book before , well actually I have never even picked one up . I guess I wouldnt mind to start reading them . Where should I start ? I am about to order Penny Arcade Vol. 1 & 2 . But I think I want some kind of dark , not a horror , but a dark style of comic . Is there a comic where any of the Marvel character goes bad ??[/QUOTE]

It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but look into Moon Knight. I got the book below when I ordered a couple of "grab bag" graphic novels from TFAW a while back and I'm a huge fan:

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Moon-Knight-TPB-Vol-1-The-Bottom-Nick-|and|-Dent___324423

[quote name='MrBrando']
Man... really thinking about putting in a 2nd order.[/QUOTE]

I think I've now put in about four or five orders. I'm starting to lose count. There's just so much good stuff on sale, I keep going back to see what I might have missed, and I find more. I've really got to cut myself off.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I have never read a comic book before , well actually I have never even picked one up . I guess I wouldnt mind to start reading them . Where should I start ? I am about to order Penny Arcade Vol. 1 & 2 . But I think I want some kind of dark , not a horror , but a dark style of comic . Is there a comic where any of the Marvel character goes bad ??[/QUOTE]

I strongly recommend The Goon comics.

I spend way too much over $200 (all TPB) but it really helped to fill in my Star Wars collection. Now to save up for the next sale to spend even more.

I put two orders in once it hit 70% off. I usually hit up these sales every time since I learned about them. I'm a sucker for hardcover graphic novels and artbooks. I grabbed a couple Might Mugs, some limited edition/signed hardcovers, and a bunch of other stuff.

Appreciate the heads up Angura, and keep the sales coming! TFAW rocks!

Heya!

First off, a big "You're welcome of course!" to everyone who said thanks for the post. My pleasure--love sharing a deal!

And, today and tomorrow are the last days of the sale. :cry: So make sure you've taken care of your geekery needs, and are tided over til our next one, which takes place in {CLASSIFIED}.

:D

Cheers,

ANGURA

I haven't actually read them myself, but I'm pretty sure that what you're looking for in this sale is the Punisher MAX TPB books.

Well... This just happened, lol.

Dawn: The Worlds of Final Fantasy HC - nick & dent $8.98
Star Wars Pocketmodel Tcg Booster Pack $1.49
Marvel Universe: Roleplaying Game HC - nick & dent $7.49
Zoids Chaotic Century Vol.14 - nick & dent $1.78
Transformers Animated TPB Vol. 02 $2.39
G-Gundam Vol. 3 Pocket Manga - nick & dent $2.98
Full Metal Panic Overload Manga Vol. 2 TPB - nick & dent $2.99
Street Fighter II Manga Vol. 3 GN $3.88
Cardcaptors TPB Vol. 9 - nick & dent $4.49
Ultraman Tiga TPB Vol. 1 - nick & dent $4.78

Total: $41.25

BTW, thanks to TFAW the surprise gift card on my birthday! My Domo-kun patch fits nicely on my backpack :)

Never ordered from TFAW.com before but after looking at the website and people's experiences in the thread I went ahead and put in my first order (free shipping didn't hurt either, thanks knight19 for posting the free shipping for $25+ orders!)

1 Dawn: The Worlds of Final Fantasy HC - nick & dent
1 Flat Shipping Coupon(URHOT)
1 Hellboy Movie PVC Set #1: The Good Guys
1 Marvels HC - nick & dent
1 Silver Surfer TPB Requiem - nick & dent

Subtotal: $25.44
Total: $25.44

I saw lots of odds and ends in the sale still, but since I'm not really into comic books anymore I thought I would try a couple self contained TPBs that I've heard good things about (I've ALWAYS wanted that Marvels TPB, hardcover is awesome!). And, I'm a huge fan of Yoshitaka Amano and Final Fantasy. :)

bread's done
Back