XBLA - A World of Keflings - 800 points - Alien DLC Out Now for 320 points

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/106/1064967p1.html
Developer NinjaBee has revealed to IGN it is building a sequel to its popular Xbox Live Arcade game, A Kingdom for Keflings. It seems the little people have outgrown their kingdom and now need their own world: A World of Keflings.

A Kingdom for Keflings received an 8.2 from IGN and was one of the most popular XBLA games with our readers in 2008. It was a laid back strategy affair where players helped the Keflings build their small town into a nation. Avatars were supported, a feature that will be carried over to the sequel. There will now be multiple kingdoms to explore, each with its own climate, resources, and culture.

"A World of Keflings is much more than a sequel," said Steve Taylor, President of NinjaBee. "It's a new game with a ton of new features, including some innovative ideas that stand out from both Live Arcade and full retail games. A World of Keflings also has a new story focus, with new exotic lands, characters, quests, buildings, customization options, and a lot more."

heysteve-image17_1264724416.jpg

This is just one kingdom to explore in A World of Keflings.

"When we set out to make a second Keflings game we decided that we were going to do it right and make it a whole new experience that clearly was bigger and better than the first," said Brent Fox, NinjaBee's Art Director. "A World of Keflings captures all the charm and casual-style of play of the first game, but adds more depth, humor and a ton of features players have requested."

What are those requested features? One is local multiplayer. Now you can cooperate to build kingdoms with friends in the same room. Kingdom only had online multiplayer.

A World of Keflings will be released this year. Check out the first screens in our gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it doesn't come out till the end of this year. Don't get me wrong- I want it, but I just bought Kingdom for Keflings a few scant weeks ago.

Will my nomadic keflings of the north be able to declare war on those barbarian keflings in the south? If so I will buy this.

This game makes me wish there was a Sim City on XBLA.

they said it's a more indepth experience to the casual gameplay. I doubt there will be any form of active combat system. there might be something like, preventative measures from the climate reducing your production speed or building a fence to keep your crops (if they even have that) from being eaten by a mysterious and troublesome rabbit.

I look forward to it, I also look forward to getting it when it's the XBL deal of the day/week.

Excellent. Keflings is my kind of game, and a sequel is terrific news. Although I too only recently purchased the title, during the sale, I love it enough to know I will definitely get the sequel. NinjaBee has perfected the relaxing video game.

i bought the first game when it was the deal of the week. Just finished it a couple of weeks ago, looking forward to the next one.

I enjoyed Kingdom of Keflings--it was laid-back, fun, and really addicting. It got a little repetitive toward the end, so I'm hoping the added depth in the sequel will remedy that issue. I'm looking forward to this.

My kids enjoyed the first. I got bored with it, but I really like that this one has local multiplayer, as now I can have fun playing the game with my kids, which was definitely a huge oversight with the original - what were they thinking? In any case, this seems to resolve it. That will make a it a lot more fun for me. So, yeah, it's on the list, but I think I'll give my kids a points card for christmas so they can buy it for themselves.

demo was fun and promising. hoping you can still do the tower achievement from the previous game through this version.

When your in the ice forest place you can look at your blueprints and actually purchase ilomilo and raskulls. I'm playing the full version of ilimilo right now and am able to earn achievements. I checked around online to find out that it isn't a glitch, but intentional.

How many players can play split screen? Is it split-screen or shared? Also, can 2 (or more) local players play online together on the same xbox?

[quote name='crunchewy']How many players can play split screen? Is it split-screen or shared? Also, can 2 (or more) local players play online together on the same xbox?[/QUOTE]

It's at least 2 people local co-op. It's both split and shared. When you are close enough to each other its shared. If you walk away from each other it splits.

Don't have the other answers, haven't played it that much yet.

Ah, that's pretty slick. I think I'm going to get this for my kids (and me, of course) for xmas. I'm kind of hoping I can find it via one of those cards at gamestop - anyone happen to see/buy it that way?

Lov it so far.
Only played the first level but liked what I played.
-When you build stuff the keflings bring you the stuff
-you can level up Keflings

If anyone wants to play hit me up on XBL

Son and I played for 4 straight hours today. Was a lot of fun. All of my issues with the first game have been resolved. The length also seems to be decent, thought we were blowing through it, but haven't even made it to the third world yet.

Add me as a friend and send me some items and I will return the favor and we'll both get the achievement. Also wouldn't mind collecting all of the special items - daughter would love having everything for her kingdom.

Yeah it seems like a good update from the original idea. I liked it and couldn't stop laughing about them being called Kefkimos and saying eh? at the end of every sentence. It's nice to have them carry your stuff sometimes and I like the themed stories related to the specific world you're at. Emotes are a small yet favorable idea too. Wooo

Beat the single player. Took about 7.5 hours. I played the original so I was pretty quick and planned very well.

This game does everything better than the original. Takes a while to appreciate how much they fixed/improved. Things like, builders to carry pieces to you, builders help you build, you can push/move buildings, it tells you the keep and castle are upgrades to the previous buildings, you can stockpile resources then have builders carry them to you, 3 regions, key keflings talk to you, lots of humor, emotes, etc.

I added a couple of you guys to my friends list. Gonna try to play online and find some people to share their unique items.

2 of the achievements require friends.

[quote name='daminion']How do you do this?[/QUOTE]

Any building that builds components can make stacks of 25 of any resource that it stores. If you need cut stone at your sculpture, find the building where all your cut stone is going, then build like 4 stacks, then your builders will bring it to you. So you can quicky transfer resources to your lesser used buildings.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Beat the single player. Took about 7.5 hours. I played the original so I was pretty quick and planned very well.

This game does everything better than the original. Takes a while to appreciate how much they fixed/improved. Things like, builders to carry pieces to you, builders help you build, you can push/move buildings, it tells you the keep and castle are upgrades to the previous buildings, you can stockpile resources then have builders carry them to you, 3 regions, key keflings talk to you, lots of humor, emotes, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have to agree with you there. I also like the little things they tweaked. You can see where you need to get building components by color coded references. You also can see exactly what and how many building components you need by a little icon within the building menu.

Funny about the color coded references as I painted one of the buildings and then couldn't find where the purple building components were from lol. Luckily the building title where the components are dropped was colored purple. Must have spent 20 minutes looking for the building or the blueprint I needed/making other unnecessary buildings.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Any building that builds components can make stacks of 25 of any resource that it stores. If you need cut stone at your sculpture, find the building where all your cut stone is going, then build like 4 stacks, then your builders will bring it to you. So you can quicky transfer resources to your lesser used buildings.[/QUOTE]
Ahh got ya. My kids like to have them harvest and just drop resources. I was hoping this was a quicker way to move 400 logs to a lumbermill rather than carrying them or having Keflings do it.

I really loved the first one but at some point I put the game down and when I picked it up a week later I couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing anymore.

I'm sure I'll buy this one too.

Ok, I have all the collectibles now.

If you want me to share send a msg to my gamertag.

I think the for the help build 100 buildings achievement, you need to be connected to xbox live. I think it looks at your total buildings leaderboard, so if you aren't connected, the buildings you build aren't counting towards the achievement. You should be able to get it local or online, but need to actually be connected.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Ok, I have all the collectibles now.

If you want me to share send a msg to my gamertag. I might have to send a friend request before I can share though. Not sure how to share with non friends.

I think the for the help build 100 buildings achievement, you need to be connected to xbox live. I think it looks at your total buildings leaderboard, so if you aren't connected, the buildings you build aren't counting towards the achievement. You should be able to get it local or online, but need to actually be connected.[/QUOTE]
Message sent and FR also!

Ok so I've gotten to the point where I can make bridges, but the only mission I have is to work towards the castle. I built the advance school, but I need a second book. A little lost here...

[quote name='seanr1221']Ok so I've gotten to the point where I can make bridges, but the only mission I have is to work towards the castle. I built the advance school, but I need a second book. A little lost here...[/QUOTE]

Don't remember exactly where the 2 books are, but I would build all the structures you can and talk to everyone and do all the quests. You might also want to do a walkaround and make sure it's not lying on the ground somewhere.

Also make sure you actually build the university, it might trigger the 2nd book to appear. There was one structure I didn't have the materials for, but once I built it someone gave me what I needed.

I don't know if this is true or not, but to get all the presents, people over at 360achievements said you can miss one. Read my spoiler so you don't miss out. I know I missed a quest
Make sure to build the Paint Shop before you send the princess off in the Airship. If not, you miss a quest that gives you a present.

I sent some of you my collectibles, maybe I screw it up though, lol.

[quote name='seanr1221']Figured it out. I had to destroy the old school and took the book from that.

6.5 hours in and I can't put it down.[/QUOTE]

There are 3 books out there somewhere. I didn't have to destroy the school to build the university.

I really loved the first Keflings game. It gives me my favorite part of an RTS game, building things. In games like Starcraft, I love building a base, but I don't care for the combat part. Keflings is this stress free building that hits the right spot for me.

I played the new Keflings game over the long weekend. Got all 200 gamerpoints as well. Pretty easy 200 points, though it does take a while to finish the game.

I've already deleted the game off my 360 as I don't see ever playing it again. Unless they give us DLC. The DLC for this game better have achievements too!!! Being an achievement ho, the DLC for the first game was worthless to me. :)

Completed for 200/200 this morning. Great stuff, looking forward to new worlds for DLC. Anyone who needs the collectables still send me a message.

Then looks like I hit both glitches. Missing book, and a missing present.

I didn't get the present from Ratbeard for having eskimo Keflings, I was never even offered the mission, so I "technically" can't complete the game.

Ninja Bee's response? Restart.

My response? fuck off, Ninja Bee :)

[quote name='kevlar51']I really loved the first one but at some point I put the game down and when I picked it up a week later I couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing anymore.

I'm sure I'll buy this one too.[/QUOTE]

I hear yah and I got into the same rut when I stopped playing the first but went back to it.
A nice thing with this one is that if you talk to the important people they usually give you the goal you're trying to go for on the bottom left as they tell you their plea for needing 25 sacks of cloth for example.

Yeah I'm at the part where I'm looking for another book and just built my first bridge. My guess is it's in an area only accessible by a bridge.

I really love that you can move buildings around instead of having to take them all apart like before. Can really save you time when your resource gathering spot has moved far away.

As for the dude that mentioned that the game is a nice stress free building game and that he deleted it as soon as he got done with the achievements. What, you don't play games again just because you don't get any gamerscore?! Seems like if it's a stress free game that you'd replay it anytime you want to unwind.

Does anyone have a save for Kingdom of Keflings that has 20 banners? Or does anyone want to boost today? Since I finished the achievements for World thought I'd try to go back and finish the Kingdom ones.

Playing Kingdom again really made me appreciate the improvements in World. I hope in the next installment they allow you to assign the builders to carry anything.

[quote name='adriley313']been taking a break from Keflings since i got AC:Brotherhood[/QUOTE]

Gee, thanks for the twitter update there.

Ok so I'm missing the third textbook and I'm out of special pieces in the Desert Kingdom. I just had to break down the tents and worked around it that way. Had a few homeless Keflings but what Kingdom doesn't am I right.

Edit: Ah crap looks like I hit the bugs too.:bomb:

NinjaBee Reply on Xbox Forums About This Issue:
There is a known bug that NinjaBee is working to fix that causes you to miss out on one Textbook, and one of the pieces for the Giant's Gift. If you build the Metal Trader before you have unlocked Scoobs, you hit this blocking bug. As of yet, we have not found a workaround other than starting the game over or loading a save before the Metal Trader. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ok so I'm missing the third textbook and I'm out of special pieces in the Desert Kingdom. I just had to break down the tents and worked around it that way. Had a few homeless Keflings but what Kingdom doesn't am I right.

[/QUOTE]

You need to build a building in the desert kingdom that builds the statues for building other buildings. (that's a lot of build in that sentence)

I ran into the same problem. I skipped building a structure and then ran out of statues/cactuses. I went back and built that structure and sure enough, it created what I needed. I really think that building should have been part of the required path before unlocking other structure's blueprints.

bread's done
Back