Preorder: Red Cliff I & II Bluray International Edition (Amazon) $20.99

Astroranagun

CAGiversary!
As the title said, and here is the link.:D full 288 minutes....i hope they include the chinese subtitles....since it said international....

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Cliff-Int...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265217808&sr=8-1

and here is the theatre short version...i like the cover art thou....more suit to the blu case...

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Cliff-The...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265275526&sr=1-2

B0030A6I80.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard that this 'International' version is only about half the length of the original two-part film. I believe the only way to get the full 280 minute version is by importing it.

From Wikipedia: "Western release

The Western release trimmed the length of the movie from 280 minutes to 148 minutes. An opening narration in English is provided to set the historical context whereas in the Asian release, a more brief description of the context of the political situation appears in scrolling form 10 minutes into the film. Notable cuts include the background and motivations behind Zhuge Liang's plan to steal 100,000 arrows, including the threat to his life, and the early parts of Sun Shangxiang's infiltration. The tiger hunting scene was also cut from the Western release."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cliff_(film)

[quote name='joeyatog']I have heard that this 'International' version is only about half the length of the original two-part film. I believe the only way to get the full 280 minute version is by importing it.[/QUOTE]

How awesome would it be if you actually checked out the item description that the OP linked...

# Run Time: 288 minutes

Well, I guess it's the whole thing after all!

[quote name='zenintrude']How awesome would it be if you actually checked out the item description that the OP linked...

Well, I guess it's the whole thing after all![/QUOTE]

I actually did see that in the item description but Amazon is often mistaken when it comes to these things. I did some double checking and I guess they are being smart and it is in fact the full version! It was only the version shown in US theatres that is cut in half! Hooray!

[quote name='joeyatog']I actually did see that in the item description but Amazon is often mistaken when it comes to these things. I did some double checking and I guess they are being smart and it is in fact the full version! It was only the version shown in US theatres that is cut in half! Hooray![/QUOTE]

Yea, I believe the tip-off was the "Parts I and II"... I think it was just "Red Cliff" in theaters.

[quote name='whoknows']Wow, 288 minutes. I dont think I could sit through a movie that long in a theater.

I will buy this though :D[/QUOTE]

It's technically two movies (thus the two discs and "Parts I and II" moniker)... think along the lines of Kill Bill parts 1 and 2.

[quote name='whoknows']So did the version shown in theaters here just use parts of both then or was it just part 1 or something?[/QUOTE]

It was both parts, but they were severely shortened. Mostly character development and sub-plot lines. I'm pretty sure most of the battles made the shorter cut.

I own the HK Blu-Rays of both of these movies. Very epic and awesome, not to mention amazing picture quality. I bet this international version will still be good but I'm glad I have the full uncut movies since I enjoyed every minute.

If I haven't already ordered this on Amazon UK a few days ago, I would have picked this up. I think I paid roughly the same, if not a bit cheaper, in pounds. Still, I can't wait to check this out.

Wow, I never heard of this being in the theaters or anything but am instantly interested. I love these types of movies. I'll definitely be following it's price leading to release date.

The US version was on xbox Live back in September or October along with Ong Bak 2 but I don't think anyone cared. If you buy it at full price you won't regret it. Think of it as buying two Blu-Rays for $10.50 each. Not too shabby, right?

Bought my copy from UK Amazon and have yet to watch it. Quite impressed that it is part of Avsforums reference quality tier 0 of blu rays.

Man this is a really good deal. Kinda makes me a bit upset that I spent almost $60 on import copies of both films. Oh well. I'm happy to have my set anyways.

If the PQ and AQ are the same as the MeiAh release I have there won't be one dissapointed buyer.

As a collector, I am still glad to have paid what I did for my imported (and OOP, I believe) Mei Ah discs. I might pick this up as well, after I pour over the release details a bit more. But only if the extras are of quality. Thanks for the preorder heads up!

Jeez, the theatrical version is only 148 minutes compared to 288? How the hell did they manage to cut that much out? I want to grab this before the price jacks up, but damn it I'm broke.

[quote name='Anhmeister']Jeez, the theatrical version is only 148 minutes compared to 288? How the hell did they manage to cut that much out? I want to grab this before the price jacks up, but damn it I'm broke.[/QUOTE]

It's amazon, so it'll probably go down the day after it's released right? :D

I paid 30 bucks to import the dvds of 1 and 2. I also watched the theatrical over zune marketplace. Can't wait to own it on blueray. Movie is perfect for me to watch when I take a break from playing dynasty warriors :p

I missed this in theaters and now I'm glad I did since I didn't know it was shortened. I'll definitely pick this up on BD.

Too bad it drags like a ripped parachute. I wouldn't worry about the price going up. This movie won't have a big audience. It'll be one of those movies you'll find for $12 on BF soon enough.

Not trying to bump an old thread but the movie dropped today and I got mine from amazon, but it came unsealed, and before I accept their 20% refund for this I wanna make sure I'm not missing out on anything like a coupon , poster, or liner notes that should have been included. If anyone can provide this info it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in Advance.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Not trying to bump an old thread but the movie dropped today and I got mine from amazon, but it came unsealed, and before I accept their 20% refund for this I wanna make sure I'm not missing out on anything like a coupon , poster, or liner notes that should have been included. If anyone can provide this info it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in Advance.[/QUOTE]

Mine also came unsealed.

it says on the amazon page for the International version that the product may not be shrink wrapped. I just got the movie today and it wasn't shrink wrapped either.

[quote name='nightwarrior']it says on the amazon page for the International version that the product may not be shrink wrapped. I just got the movie today and it wasn't shrink wrapped either.[/QUOTE]

wow, I've never seen anything like that before. I wonder if it's due to a lot of inquiries regarding the lack of shrinkwrap. I think they updated the product image also, im not sure it was like that last night. Quite odd.

i just complaint today and they ask me to return both the item and replacement that not sealed and full refund....

EDIT: i just called them and they will refund me 10%....whatever...

bread's done
Back