Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

Wait, MSRP isn't $34.99? I may just have to get it from Amazon, then.

EDIT:Ooooo, and you get a figurine, too? Yeah, tax free, free two day shipping, $5 off MSRP, and a free figurine? Count me in, Amazon.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wait, MSRP isn't $34.99? I may just have to get it from Amazon, then.[/QUOTE]

MSRP is $39.99, most likely due to the PokeWalker accessory and the infrared sensor inside the cartridge to communicate with said accessory.

$34.99 is more than a fair price for Pokemon. I have 250+ hours clocked in on Diamond.

I preordered at GameStop when they had the $7 off promo. I'll cancel that. It's only $35.50 with tax and I had a $33 GC to use, but I'll take Amazon's faster shipping. Plus with the figure, I'm more confident it will come in one piece.

Now to wait for a Goldbox discount.

[quote name='icedrake523']$34.99 is more than a fair price for Pokemon. I have 250+ hours clocked in on Diamond.

I preordered at GameStop when they had the $7 off promo. I'll cancel that. It's only $35.50 with tax and I had a $33 GC to use, but I'll take Amazon's faster shipping. Plus with the figure, I'm more confident it will come in one piece.

Now to wait for a Goldbox discount.[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, Amazon has been switching this price between $34.99 and $39.99 for about a month now, so who knows if it will stay at this price. I too am hoping it does though so I can get it into my Goldbox.

I preordered Heart Gold from Amazon this morning when I saw the price went back down, but I'm getting Soul Silver at GS the day it comes out because I won't be able to wait until Monday... damn Nintendo and their Sunday releases.

I pre-ordered from GameStop with that $7 off deal a week or two ago.

Normally, I'd switch, but since I don't live in an Amazon tax-free state, I'd be paying a few bucks more to get it from Amazon.

Wonderfully horrific names arent they? Its amazing how they still refuse to use their imagination. Whats this one about? More gym leaders trying to do naughty things? Why do they still make this stupid game.

Think I preordered for $39.99 (using gift cards). How does that work? They still sell it at the lowest price, right?

Maybe I'll contact them...

[quote name='Reaperain']Wonderfully horrific names arent they? Its amazing how they still refuse to use their imagination. Whats this one about? More gym leaders trying to do naughty things? Why do they still make this stupid game.[/QUOTE]

It could be named Shit in a Box...if it plays well then i'll get it.

[quote name='Reaperain']Wonderfully horrific names arent they? Its amazing how they still refuse to use their imagination. Whats this one about? More gym leaders trying to do naughty things? Why do they still make this stupid game.[/QUOTE]
Well, if it ain't broke...

I went from Blue/Red straight to Platinum and I can honestly say that the gameplay is essentially the same as before. Not that its a bad thing though, since I've put in like 25 hours into it. I mean, the game is still a bit addicting after all these years. The only thing that really bugs me is that with the higher storage capacity on the DS vs the GB and GBA, you would think they would do away with the multiple versions. But of course, they won't do that since the games still sells like hotcakes.

[quote name='Rig']Think I preordered for $39.99 (using gift cards). How does that work? They still sell it at the lowest price, right?

Maybe I'll contact them...[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date. A pre-order price guarantee message will appear on your Order Summary during the checkout process. If you use 1-Click ordering, pre-order price protection will be automatically applied. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

I preordered at 39 a week ago or so, so i hope to get it for 34 as well.

As far as the pokemon franchise yea the gameplay hasn't changed drastically but theyve made enough improvements to keep me going back only thing id like to see one day is have the final guy have all lv 100 pokemon that way you really have to be good. I believe the highest E4 champ pokemon in any game was like 75.

I should just get 6 of those pedometer things and clip them on my belt and chuck them at people when I wanna fight/battle.....that'd be funny.

Preordered each for now. Good price for all the goodies.

I might give it a shot. Free shipping, figure with it and that poke thing included with the game seems kinda cool.

I saw lamestop had the same deal with a figure to but I dont shop there anymore unless its some insane deal they have since I dont like their stores. But with amazon Ill do it.

[quote name='Armads']Marcus?...Really?[/QUOTE]

You must mean my icon, right?

Well it's actually Marcus's head photoshop'd onto Zephiel's body to make him look like some kind of "Emperor" (like ruler over noobs or something)
It's just something I had on my computer way back when I made my account to use as a placeholder image. Though I never bothered to change it. =P

Been playing the japanese version a little bit, and definitely excited for this coming stateside. The tweaks and UI changes are all pleasant or welcome changes (I have to admit I love having a pokemon of my choice following me around, ala yellow) and the fact that Kanto is included (much like in original gold and silver) on a DS cart makes this all the more appealing. Overall, this one already seems to top Diamond and Pearl. :D

That said, preordering now!

hm i preordered it a few weeks ago at $40..normally i'd just email them and ask for the adjustment (just in case it automatically doesn't do it) but my order has gotten pretty convoluted (eca discounts + other games on the order that were already shipped out). i don't want to confuse the person and end up having them cancel my order or something else like that.

I think I'll put a preorder in the off chance they offer a $10 credit with it in the future. Don't think they ever do that with DS games but this a big release so it may be possible.

I'm not too keen on paying more than $30 for this but Pokemon games (and Nintendo first party titles in general) just aren't the best at going on sale. I miss the days of Circuit City, still remember getting Diamond for $27 at launch.

I need this, to relive my childhood.

My sad, sad childhood. I absolutely haaaaated most of the games after gold and silver because of the additional new Pokemon, I had a hard enough time accepting the additions to the original 151 as it was.

Now I just need to dig up my Pokemon cards! :D

[quote name='pstriple']I think I'll put a preorder in the off chance they offer a $10 credit with it in the future. Don't think they ever do that with DS games but this a big release so it may be possible. [/QUOTE]

They did it with the Kingdom Hearts DS game.

[quote name='helmet']I need this, to relive my childhood.

My sad, sad childhood. I absolutely haaaaated most of the games after gold and silver because of the additional new Pokemon, I had a hard enough time accepting the additions to the original 151 as it was.

Now I just need to dig up my Pokemon cards! :D[/QUOTE]

I also had a hard time leaving the original 151. And then, I gave up knowing them all after G/S.

Won't these new games include all the Pokemon though? Won't you be able to import the later version Pokemon into it? (Thought you did that on FireRed/LeafGreen.)

[quote name='DaveWadding']They did it with the Kingdom Hearts DS game.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Here's hoping they do it this as well.

How old am I and I'm still playing Pokemon lol. What is it with the Pokemanz and me not able to not buy zem?!?!?!? :cry:

[quote name='Rig']I also had a hard time leaving the original 151. And then, I gave up knowing them all after G/S.

Won't these new games include all the Pokemon though? Won't you be able to import the later version Pokemon into it? (Thought you did that on FireRed/LeafGreen.)[/QUOTE]

Aww Man, I hope not.. I don't understand how it would be Gold and Silver with fucking refrigerator type 'Mons.. :(

Importing is fine, as long as I have to do it to get get the newer ones. My nostalgia filled dream land requires at maximum of 260-ish Pokemon. And that extra 100 is really pushing it, as you can't POKERAP with the new ones.

[quote name='helmet']Aww Man, I hope not.. I don't understand how it would be Gold and Silver with fucking refrigerator type 'Mons.. :(

Importing is fine, as long as I have to do it to get get the newer ones. My nostalgia filled dream land requires at maximum of 260-ish Pokemon. And that extra 100 is really pushing it, as you can't POKERAP with the new ones.[/QUOTE]

I'm just guessing, as I haven't really kept up with Pokemon.

I agree with yout though. After 260-ish or whatever, I wasn't really interested.

Tempting but the 14th is my last day of Spring Break, and I'd really like to pick it up before I go back to school. I don't trust packages coming here so I'll probably just pick it up at Best Buy before I leave. Plus if I go pre-order there I'll get a $5 certificate for a later purchase.

[quote name='helmet']Aww Man, I hope not.. I don't understand how it would be Gold and Silver with fucking refrigerator type 'Mons.. :(

Importing is fine, as long as I have to do it to get get the newer ones. My nostalgia filled dream land requires at maximum of 260-ish Pokemon. And that extra 100 is really pushing it, as you can't POKERAP with the new ones.[/QUOTE]

Decide for yourself if you are ok with the Pokemon in the game by looking here.

Keep in mind that the pokedex will expand to include all of the new ones after you 'beat' the game and get the upgraded pokedex (if it is like DPP you'll have to see all of the pokemon on the list I provided and then talk to someone to get the updated dex), but that list is all the ones you will come across at some point during the main game.

[quote name='helmet']I need this, to relive my childhood.

Now I just need to dig up my Pokemon cards! :D[/QUOTE]
I feel exactly the same way. Now they're up to 493, which is scary. I stopped at 251 and it sucked stopping, but I didn't want to learn even more pokemon. I played the shit out of this in middle school. As a college student now, I'd love to relive that time during history class.

Pokemon_Soul_Silver_box_art_by_edgeboymax.jpg

This is the only correct path and choice, Soul Silver or GTFO

consider to question your sexuality by denying the statement above.

So many people are gonna buy this that the used copies are gonna make mountains like it did with red/blue. I think I'll wait until those drop in price.

[quote name='sneakysnake128']So many people are gonna buy this that the used copies are gonna make mountains like it did with red/blue. I think I'll wait until those drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald still sell close to MSRP for used copies at Gamestop, so expect to wait a long time.

[quote name='o_O']Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald still sell close to MSRP for used copies at Gamestop, so expect to wait a long time.[/QUOTE]
"Gamestop"

Found your problem

[quote name='kk012']Nice find, OP.

Does anyone think other retailers will have even better deals than this?[/QUOTE]
for now..
no

game comes out on march, so there is a bit of time for better deals. even then, amazon will price match if possible. :cool:

I hope this sticks around until after I get my Bioshock 2 $10 GC. I wanna put it together with my Mass Effect 2 $10 GC.

[quote name='cRodz']"Gamestop"

Found your problem[/QUOTE]

It's the only place you're going to find a legit copy. The GBA Pokemon games are the most bootlegged. Easily 90% of the ones listed on ebay are all fake.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Just to let you know, Amazon has been switching this price between $34.99 and $39.99 for about a month now, so who knows if it will stay at this price. I too am hoping it does though so I can get it into my Goldbox.[/QUOTE]

I'll place an order for one on my dad's account and wait for it to hit the gold box on mine :lol:

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I've never owned
pokeman game ever. Is this a good way to start?[/QUOTE]

I think everyone will agree that the Silver/Gold generation was the best.

This is tempting. I've never pre-ordered from Amazon do they charge you right away or at ship? Just trying to figure out the bills.

bread's done
Back