Help, I can't buy anything from xbox.com marketplace

tigerpants

CAGiversary!
Hopefully this is in the right place, I need help, so if anyone has seen this problem and found a way out, please, please let me know.

So let me preface this with everything works perfect from my Xbox 360, I can buy games, download them, and they work fine.

My problem is when I access the xbox live marketplace, xbox.com, from a computer using a web browser.

I can select an item to buy, click download, then it asks for my password, which is something I don't remember in the past it would ask. Then inside the small window where it used to ask you to click confirm, instead there is a xbox.com page saying "Page Not Found" with no error codes. This is true for any content when ordering, free or costing Microsoft Points, via a browser on a computer, I cannot add new videos, games, avatar items, or whatever to my download queue. Interestingly, I am able to add items from my download history to my download queue, and that downloads fine when I turn on my Xbox.

I'm mainly using a Mac and I've found it doesn't work on Safari, Firefox, Camino, Chrome, Opera, and in Windows, Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox. I've cleared catches, reset browsers, and tried two other computers. I've also set cookies to deny, only allow website, or any cookies. If it helps, my ISP is Comcast, though I've also tried it from a friends house using AT&T DSL. In both cases the router was a Linksys WRT54GL using the latest DD-WRT.

So I'm pretty certain the problem is with Xbox Live, perhaps even my account. I'm trying my best to recall any changes that I've made to the account I can only remember these two things that have changed in recent weeks. I changed my windows live password and I also restored my gamertag to a friends xbox and then restored it back to my xbox when I came home. Are either of these things a cause of my problem?

I've tried contacting Xbox support and they keep sending me the same thing, which is supposed to help connect your xbox 360 to the internet, literally how to plug in an ethernet cable, i.e. useless.

I've tried posting this in the xbox.com forums and nobody responded with any help. So I'm hoping someone here can help.

xbox has an 1800 number, try calling customer service. they might have a better idea with your dilemma and if it's your account.

Ok i've tried the 1800 number, at some point support recommended i just use the xbox 360 to order things and that the online web service was just a courtesy, not part of the paid service. i said no and asked for the issue to be escalated. hopefully this helps, incidentally i setup a gamertag for my girlfriend and using the exact same browser i can log out of my account, login to hers, order and item, confirm it, then log out, log back in to my account and i still see the same problem.

after escalating, the next guy said the next tier of support would contact me within 3-5 days, we'll see what happens.

[quote name='tigerpants']Ok i've tried the 1800 number, at some point support recommended i just use the xbox 360 to order things and that the online web service was just a courtesy, not part of the paid service. i said no and asked for the issue to be escalated. hopefully this helps, incidentally i setup a gamertag for my girlfriend and using the exact same browser i can log out of my account, login to hers, order and item, confirm it, then log out, log back in to my account and i still see the same problem.

after escalating, the next guy said the next tier of support would contact me within 3-5 days, we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

One of my friends had a similiar issues. I think it was because he didnt have his LIVE account linked to a hotmail/live mail. Dont know if he ever got it fixed. he wasnt able to really do any of the PC side LIVE stuff.

Well Xbox live support finally got back to me, they said the problem was on my end, it's not. One month and they give me the same crap that the first line of morons gave me. ARGHHHH!

No help here but I have the exact same problem as tigerpants...very frustrating! Have tried all browsers but always get "Sorry, this page is unavailable." I've had this problem for months - argh.

Same problem. Affects Xbox Live and GFWL marketplace. I used to be able to buy stuff from a browser, but I haven't been able to for many months. The first time I noticed this issue is when the new GFWL store launched with the free Windows based game.

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this?

Odd I am also on a mac but I can purchase things on there maybe you do not have the latest silverlight player.

[quote name='tominater12']Odd I am also on a mac but I can purchase things on there maybe you do not have the latest silverlight player.[/QUOTE]

I do have the latest silverlight, and have even tried from a different computer in previous months. This goes for the Xbox Live web marketplace too. Works fine on the Xbox 360 direct.

bread's done
Back