Xbox 360 Arcade Play Wireless Controller Gaming Pack - $33 from Amazon

you should reword the thread title to "Xbox 360 Arcade Play Wireless Controller Gaming Pack" instead. I thought it was 4 random or select games but it's 4 that are already bundled. still not a bad deal as a controller has about $22 trade in value @ gc

Thanks OP! I purchased one. $3 more than what a normal controller goes for and you get 3 functional games plus a broken one (Bomberman).

Bomberman would still work offline, though, wouldn't it?

I mean, it's still a gimped game if you can't play it online, but one might still be able to have some fun with it, I guess.

It still amazes me that a company like Microsoft can fuck up something this simple. Test the damn thing before releasing it.

Was very closed to buying, but the only game I don't own out of the bunch is Bomberman...would rather wait for a sale on the controller by itself.

If you don't have Geometry Wars 2 or Lumines Live this deal is definitely worth it. Both of those games are worth the $10 asking price alone, GW2 being a must have.

Fantastic deal.

Thanks! I was looking at this bundle when I wanted a new controller a couple weeks ago. The only game i currently have is Ms Pac-Man so I can't pass it up at this price.

i take it by the 1 star reviews that NONE of them bought it at this new 33 dollar cost. i say this cuz the controller alone makes it a great deal. plus youre getting a few games.
ill also note that its a great deal (at this price) for anyone needing a 2nd controller or just a new one.

i say this cuz i was gonna get one for my girlfriend at walmart.com for 38 bucks, then use the 20 percent bing and my 10% associate discount to make it like 35. but this deal at amazon seems to win.

Well, hmm...if that thread is right and you can get a working Bomberman Live, I'd consider getting this. I already own Lumines Live and Geo Wars 2, would anyone here be willing to swap codes with some other games for those 2? Actually, don't we have a thread somewhere for just that?

EDIT: Found it right here, figure someone else might end up needing this link too:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129980

[quote name='Megaten']Well, hmm...if that thread is right and you can get a working Bomberman Live, I'd consider getting this. I already own Lumines Live and Geo Wars 2, would anyone here be willing to swap codes with some other games for those 2? Actually, don't we have a thread somewhere for just that?

EDIT: Found it right here, figure someone else might end up needing this link too:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129980[/QUOTE]

Bomberman, Lumines, and Geometry Wars 2 are all on a disc. The only code you get is for Ms. Pac Man... Or so the Amazon reviews say.

Tempted to get it for a black controller, but I hate having XBLA games on disc. Kinda takes away from a game made for DL if you have to have the disc to play it. I wish they would code everything or allow you to DL it without the disc.

And FYI for anyone that just wants another controller for cheap(er), Microcenter always has refurbed controllers for 24.99.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0323685

Considering that, would be 8 bucks more for the games, which is a deal unless you have em.

You would think it would cost less to print a code than to press a disc? I mean its not like the games don't already have the infrastructure for download.

If I didn't already get a playNcharge/controller combo I would be all over this, because I really don't need a 3rd controller.

[quote name='SilentStryk09']bomberman isn't made by Microsoft...

just because it's on their system doesnt mean they made/tested it[/QUOTE]But Microsoft is releasing this package, and they were at least partially responsible for putting Bomberman in the package, on a disc rather than via a downloadable code, and so they are responsible for making sure that the disc they provide actually works the way they say it will on the box.

Been price watchin' this since Christmas, looks like it's go time to finally grab one. I was still hoping the price would drop below retail price for single controller, but that may be wishing for too much...

[quote name='tankass']Tempted to get it for a black controller, but I hate having XBLA games on disc. Kinda takes away from a game made for DL if you have to have the disc to play it. I wish they would code everything or allow you to DL it without the disc.

And FYI for anyone that just wants another controller for cheap(er), Microcenter always has refurbed controllers for 24.99.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0323685

Considering that, would be 8 bucks more for the games, which is a deal unless you have em.[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer the disk because they don't take up HDD space and they are resellable.

[quote name='Hao']Bomberman, Lumines, and Geometry Wars 2 are all on a disc. The only code you get is for Ms. Pac Man... Or so the Amazon reviews say.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, guess it doesn't matter anymore anyhow. I'm with tankass tho...I hate arcade games on disc. Then again, I've never heard of this disc...I'm assuming it's only for this package? Might be worth getting if it comes back in stock at that price just for the collectability of it.

Guessing this is dead... I looked at it yesterday around 4p and it was back up to $49. When did this deal actually start?

WEZ

11:41 pm 2/4. Well... that's when the first post was. Anyways I HATE bumping a DEAD deal... but I hate unanswered questions more.

bread's done
Back