Get the Heavy Rain Demo Early--"Precinct 52" website

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
Found this info on Kotaku. A website entitled "Precinct 52" has been set up where one can submit "evidence" to get a code for the Heavy Rain demo. Here is the URL:

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing

Here's the Kotaku article, complete with the list of clues to be submitted (which may or may not constitute spoilers if you want to figure them out on your own):

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

The catch? As of now, the Precinct 52 site appears to be having some problems. "We are currently working to address some site issues caused by overwhelming demand.
Sincere apologies for the delay, and please check back shortly."

Hopefully, it will be up and running again soon. I'm pretty eager to try this game out :)

Thanks OP- Hopefully the site will get back up soon, been looking forward to playing this Demo for quite some time now and get a feel for the game play

Wow this is awesome, I have never so eagerly anticipated a demo before...this game is one of the reasons I got a PS3 in the first place back in 08

I refreshed about 5 minutes ago and got into the log-in page, but it froze and I haven't been able to get back there since...

Bah I registered but now I get this when I try to get on the login page:
A Database Error Occurred

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

finally! took me about 2hrs of on and off attempts but got my code. just hope it works (won't know till tonight). stick with it, guys.

It's up and working now. It's a bit slow, mind you, but it works.

Also, just to let everyone know, you'll need to make a PAL account to redeem the code, the codes don't work on the US store.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']It's up and working now. It's a bit slow, mind you, but it works.

Also, just to let everyone know, you'll need to make a PAL account to redeem the code, the codes don't work on the US store.[/QUOTE]

hmm i don't think i've done that. how do i go about it?

It took 4fuckingEver but I got it! I've been looking forward to this game for a while now, I'm so totally excited! :whee:

[quote name='ssjmichael']create a new account and pick a PAL region[/QUOTE]

from the crossbar?

[quote name='klew']from the crossbar?[/QUOTE]

Make a new profile on your PS3. Then do "Sign-Up for the Playstation Network". Then, just pick your region as Europe or something in that region, and continue the setup. After you fill everything out, then you'll have a PAL account. Just go into the PAL store, and redeem the code.

That's about it. Takes maybe 3 - 5 minutes to setup a new account.

thx guys. i've made other accounts but don't recall making one for another region, or that that was even an option in the crossbar. much appreciated.

Sigh I finally able to load the precinct site however I need to register before I can join and that isn't loading now haha.

[quote name='luan87us']Sigh I finally able to load the precinct site however I need to register before I can join and that isn't loading now haha.[/QUOTE]

exact same thing happened to me. hang in there.

[quote name='dizee']My code worked on my account (US)

About 1400mb[/QUOTE]

Same. Not sure why some are saying its Euro only.

Man... the PSN is slow as hell. It's going to take hours to download this demo... well, the reason it's so slow is probably because everybody's downloading this demo.

Of course, the site's not working for me so I guess it's not a huge issue.

worked for me, US account.

I wanted to play the game, but couldn't because of their US restrictions in Home w/the shirt

[quote name='chakan']worked for me, US account.

I wanted to play the game, but couldn't because of their US restrictions in Home w/the shirt[/QUOTE]

What do you mean about the restrictions? Are you saying you cannot play the demo itself, or that the Home shirt works in the EU region only?

[quote name='Vinny']Man... the PSN is slow as hell. It's going to take hours to download this demo... well, the reason it's so slow is probably because everybody's downloading this demo.

Of course, the site's not working for me so I guess it's not a huge issue.[/QUOTE]

Downloaded at 1MB/s for me. Took all of 15 minutes or so.

Amazing! Thanks for this, February 11th felt way too far away to try this out haha.

Nooo~! The moment I click register I get "Timed out" error. Damn it! I'm going to keep retrying though.

I got in last night and just played all three 'levels'.

I'm not a huge fan of the controls, but
that fight scene in the hotel room was pretty cool.

nice work
Even I registered
5.gif

yes i will be 'that' guy:

is there a dummy account out there? i'd do the honors but, needless to say, i can't even register

thanks!

Thanks for the link OP! I had registered a while back for the ARG but only began to play then got sidetracked. Can't believe I missed the post on Kotaku though....

The site took a few refreshes, but I got in just fine. Keep trying...

I don't know how, or why for that matter, but the code went through fine on my default US account... I'm downloading now though, and it's a little under 1.5 GB

Forgot I had already made a PAL account on Heavy Rain website a few weeks ago for the Home T-Shirt.

What's not loading up for me is the third clue, the coffee shop, its taking FOREVER to load. I've been waiting for like five minutes now. :bomb:

And I'm pretty sure the codes are unique, otherwise someone would have posted a code already for everyone else to use.

bread's done
Back