Modnation Racers - Spring 2010 - Kart Racing for the PSP

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/modnation-racers-karting-its-way-to-psp/
Over the past few months, we’ve been showing you how United Front Games is bringing the “Play, Create, Share” concept to kart racing with ModNation Racers. Today (via Gamespot), we announced that ModNation Racers will also be coming to the PSP as well – and at the same time as its big-brother PS3 edition (the exact street date is TBA).

I was down at San Diego Studios this week, where the team demoed Mod creation, Kart customization, full track creation, single and online-multiplayer modes; basically, everything that you’re expecting from the PS3 version of MNR. How did they manage to jam all that into the PSP? That’s a story for another day. Meanwhile, the proof is in the trailer, embedded below.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6249531/videoplayerpop

For more of Gamespot’s MNR PSP coverage (including a Q&A with GS’s Ricardo Torres), click here. We’ll be showing you a lot more about ModNation Racers PSP, right here on the Blog, starting next week.
There's supposed to be more details next week on specific modes and all that.

it alll fun out there.
5.gif

[quote name='briandadude']Certainly has potential! For me, Diddy Kong Racing on the Nintendo 64 was the pinnacle of kart racing.[/QUOTE]

After seeing LBP patched to include water, Im curious to see if the MNR devs have any plans to patch/add-on/release a sequel with a lot of those vehicles seen in DKR.

Personally I preferred the Mario Kart series, but I did like the variety DKR borught to the table.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']After seeing LBP patched to include water, Im curious to see if the MNR devs have any plans to patch/add-on/release a sequel with a lot of those vehicles seen in DKR.

Personally I preferred the Mario Kart series, but I did like the variety DKR borught to the table.[/QUOTE]

I prefer the Mario Kart series as well, have it on our Gamecube, DS, and SNES. However, it would be nice to have such an open-ended kart racer on the PSP.

Only other great kart racing game i enjoyed was Crash Team Racing on the PS1.

[quote name='lokizz']heres a code for a psp mnr theme. i dont have a psp so if you want it just take the code. MBND-5FBG-92E8.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Tried the demo a bit. Not really sure what to think just yet. The graphics seem nice enough, but the AI seemed a little too 'rubber-bandish' for me. The minute I'd race very well, everyone seemed to catch up magically, and of course I was never out of contention (magically again).

I was afraid of that. I hate rubber band AI more than anything. It makes winning races just a matter of luck.

GT: PSP even had that (one of the reasons I can't stand it). Oh well, saves me $40.

I'm excited and have read a pretty good bit about the PS3 version of this game, but what's the deal with the PSP version? Is it the PS3 version with worse graphics and 6 people playing online instead of 12, or is there more to it than that?

Basically what I'm trying to find out is if the PSP version is worth getting in addition to the PS3 version (I'm definitely getting it on the PS3).

[quote name='tcatsninfan']I'm excited and have read a pretty good bit about the PS3 version of this game, but what's the deal with the PSP version? Is it the PS3 version with worse graphics and 6 people playing online instead of 12, or is there more to it than that?

Basically what I'm trying to find out is if the PSP version is worth getting in addition to the PS3 version (I'm definitely getting it on the PS3).[/QUOTE]

I heard there are going to be ways to somehow link yous PSP version with the PS3 version. I would REALLY like to know more about this :D

[quote name='tcatsninfan']@lokizz

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

no problem. i couldnt use it so i figured someone here could.

I got a code in my email for the Demo as well if someone wants it. I have to run to school, but the first person to send me an PM will get it. And I'll send you the code once I get back from school. I dont have a PSP so this demo is useless to me. Peace.

So Modnation Racers came out today and I was all ready to buy it because it was only $29.99 but then I saw this:
ModNation Racers PSP Online Entitlement ($14.99)
The Online Entitlement is used to activate the Online and Infrastructure features of the ModNation Racers game for the PSP system. For those purchasing the game second-hand, the entitlement will also need to be purchased and entered into a PSN account prior to activating the Infrastructure and Online features.

If you wanted the game to be $45 dollars then just make it that price point. Debating if I want a game I can't download characters/tracks but I can make my own or spend $14.99 to get the whole game.

[quote name='headpiece747']So Modnation Racers came out today and I was all ready to buy it because it was only $29.99 but then I saw this:

If you wanted the game to be $45 dollars then just make it that price point. Debating if I want a game I can't download characters/tracks but I can make my own or spend $14.99 to get the whole game.[/QUOTE]

haha silly, the $15 entitlement is only needed for the USED verison of the game ;)

[quote name='eau']It sounds like the extra $14.99 Online Entitlement applies to used game only.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']haha silly, the $15 entitlement is only needed for the USED verison of the game ;)[/QUOTE]
Hope you guys are right because it sounded like it was for both new and used. Maybe I will just buy the game and find out because I want it anyways.

[quote name='headpiece747']Hope you guys are right because it sounded like it was for both new and used. Maybe I will just buy the game and find out because I want it anyways.[/QUOTE]

You only have to pay the $15 if your renting it or buying it used. If you buy the game new you do not have to pay for the code. It's already provided in the case of the game.

bread's done
Back