Muramasa: The Demon Blade for Wii $29.99 new at Gamestop

Cool, this is a game I would like to pick up eventually. Hopefully it drops a bit more, or maybe Amazon will have it as a cheap lightning deal.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Cool, this is a game I would like to pick up eventually. Hopefully it drops a bit more, or maybe Amazon will have it as a cheap lightning deal.[/QUOTE]
I picked this up from Amazon for $30 as a lightning deal about 1.5 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I've been waiting for this game to hit $30. :)

Looks like it's OOS online, though.

I came across this yesterday, and $30 was my magic price, so I snagged it.

I plan to do a write-up on it for 8 Bit Horse (2D game site) as soon as I can, but I think it's a pretty long game. Anyone know how many hours it takes for average completion time?

[quote name='escapekey']Anyone know how many hours it takes for average completion time?[/QUOTE]I've been told about 10 hours for the first time through, 30+ for the entire game.

I got it during Amazon's Spend $80, get $40. I ended up putting it on Goozex. It's alright, didn't really get into it. I would have enjoyed it more if you didn't have to press up on the Dpad to jump.

Damn, was just at Gamestop earlier, and had been waiting for this to hit $30 or under to spend some credit on it.

I guess a return trip is in order! Thanks OP!

[quote name='icedrake523']I got it during Amazon's Spend $80, get $40. I ended up putting it on Goozex. It's alright, didn't really get into it. I would have enjoyed it more if you didn't have to press up on the Dpad to jump.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this an issue with Odin Sphere, too? I recall being annoyed by the jumping in that game.

I never played Oden Sphere. I used a PS2 controller (have a PS2/GC adapter) when I played this (Using an analog stick to jump is worse, GC D-pad is too small) and it didn't really help.

I bought Odin Sphere for 14.99 new, and I want to do the same for Muramasa. For me, it is not a day 1 purchase title (which I am willing to pay MSRP for). My backlog is a little rediculous (40 games, all systems from this gen and last gen), so it can wait for now.

Thanks for the heads up though!

[quote name='RollingSkull']$30 is still a lot more than I'd pay for this one. It was pretty mediocre, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more. One of the reasons to own the Wii.

What was so average about it? The controls, graphics, and gameplay were all top notch IMO.

One of my favorites last year and one of the few that I didn't put down until I beat. It's very niche but a solid title. I didn't know I would love it so much until I played it.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']I couldn't disagree more. One of the reasons to own the Wii.

What was so average about it? The controls, graphics, and gameplay were all top notch IMO.[/QUOTE]

Graphics were great. The levels were almost entirely just tedious copy paste nonsense and the mook combat was just boring and mindless. Bosses were fun though.

I can also confirm what someone else said in that the in store used price is $24.99... comes to $22.50 after Edge. Grabbed the only copy at the store I go to.

If you want it but are one of the people waiting for $20, might be worth it to look for it used.

Amazon matched this price ($30 new). I actually have this game saved in my cart and I saw the price change reminder when I logged on yesterday.

[quote name='Puffa469']Amazon matched this price ($30 new). I actually have this game saved in my cart and I saw the price change reminder when I logged on yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Did you contact them directly asking them to price match? It's showing up as $39.99 for me right now. I'd much rather give Amazon my business instead of Gamestop (and get an actual sealed copy, too).

bread's done
Back