Monster Hunter Tri - $44.99 at GameStop & Amazon

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76127

Note: GameStop is no longer taking pre-orders for the CCP bundle.
Bonus: 500 Wii Points for pre-ordering at GameStop.
Amazon has the bundle for $59.99 and are offering a $10 video games credit.

If you're planning on getting MH3, it is HIGHLY recommended that you play it using the CCP and NOT the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo. I think Nintendo will sell the CCP separately for $19.99. This is a great deal.

Also, the game is confirmed to be FREE to play online! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Don't forget to use coupon code LUVNU to get it for $46.74
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I added that to the OP. Amazing deal.

Great deal. Always wanted to try a Monster Hunter game, and this seems like the perfect excuse since I want the CCP anyway.

[quote name='Chuplayer']What the heck is a Classic Controller Pro?[/QUOTE]

It's like the classic controller for Wii, but it's designed more like a dualshock or xbox controller. Two analog sticks side-by-side, 4 face buttons, 2 triggers.

Instead of being flat like a SNES controller(like the regular classic controller) it has grips.

[quote name='Chuplayer']What the heck is a Classic Controller Pro?[/QUOTE]

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/26/nintendos-wii-classic-controller-pro-ready-for-japan/

The Wii Classic Controller Pro that brings a bit of Dual Shock schlock to the dual-analog controller -- that means grips and a two-row shoulder button configuration.

A game like Monster Hunter needs this type of configuration, it's why Nintendo made it because they've been working closely with Capcom.

I ordered one, but does anyone know if Amazon is planning to stock the bundle? Would prefer to get it with no tax and free 2-day shipping if possible. :D

[quote name='bvharris']I ordered one, but does anyone know if Amazon is planning to stock the buncdle? Would prefer to get it with no tax and free 2-day shipping if possible. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for Amazon to put it up as well. They should have it up soon since this bundle isn't exclusive to any retailer. Looks like they'll also PM the $54.99 since the regular edition is priced at $44.99 like GameStop's.

I just preordered, but it came out to $51.06 shipped for me. If Amazon happens to be cheaper, I'll probably just go with them instead.

[quote name='maxgle']Will Wavebird work?[/QUOTE]

This is the question we must have answered...

Wavebird > Classic Controller Pro

Ordered, $50.36 shipped. I imagine the best Amazon will do is $54.99 barring some crazy deal, so I'll plan to stick with this.

[quote name='maxgle']Will Wavebird work?

Price without the controller = $38.24[/QUOTE]

The game is only compatible with Wii Remote + Nunchuk or Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro.

Holy shit, this is awesome! Thanks a lot man, great deal. Paid only 24 bucks for it because I had some store credit on my Edge card. Made my day with this deal.

Jumped on this. It was $49 and change after tax, but still the best deal on the bundle anywhere. A classic controller is a must for me, as besides Monster Hunter Tri it's going to be useful for other upcoming Wii games like Samurai Warriors 3 and will probably make for sublime replays of other games that currently work best with the Classic Controller like Muramasa.

[quote name='fwbweux']Jumped on this. It was $49 and change after tax, but still the best deal on the bundle anywhere. A classic controller is a must for me, as besides Monster Hunter Tri it's going to be useful for other upcoming Wii games like Samurai Warriors 3 and will probably make for sublime replays of other games that currently work best with the Classic Controller like Muramasa.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping it'll be good for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']The game is only compatible with Wii Remote + Nunchuk or Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I mean I don't know, but GC controller support seems like it'd be an easy thing to include in the game.

[quote name='robpe36']Are you sure? I mean I don't know, but GC controller support seems like it'd be an easy thing to include in the game.[/QUOTE]
I already beat the game and no you cannot use the gc controller.

Thanks OP. Used LUVNU and SAVER and got the game for $48.xx. I've never played a Monster Hunter game before and wanted to by Freedom Unite but figured I just wait since this was announced. Looking forward to it! And for some reason, I have a feeling Amazon won't have a deal that could beat this.

[quote name='robpe36']Are you sure? I mean I don't know, but GC controller support seems like it'd be an easy thing to include in the game.[/QUOTE]

$$$

Order Total: $49.54

Nice, Saver and the 15% off. Nice price considering the MSRP of the controller alone will be 20 bucks according to various sources.

Do you folks have any idea on if there will be a subscription cost? After some research I found it to be 800 wii points per month in Japan... translating to ~8 USD. I know the series is not as popular in the US/EU which would be a good reason for not having a sub as it would turn down potential customers.

[quote name='Seventh']Order Total: $49.54

Nice, Saver and the 15% off. Nice price considering the MSRP of the controller alone will be 20 bucks according to various sources.

Do you folks have any idea on if there will be a subscription cost? After some research I found it to be 800 wii points per month in Japan... translating to ~8 USD. I know the series is not as popular in the US/EU which would be a good reason for not having a sub as it would turn down potential customers.[/QUOTE]

It's been confirmed that there won't be a monthly fee here in the US.

I ordered one. $50-$33 GC comes out to $16.xx OOP. Not really sure I really want it for $50 but I figure better to place it now and I can always cancel later.

Does anybody know if Amazon's comes with the CCP? I can't seem to find it there and would prefer using them instead.

Thanks OP! Ordered two (one for myself & the other for my wife) for a total of $101.87 with SAVER shipping. I was wavering for a good 10 minutes deciding on getting the overnight shipping that would kill the deal for the most part, but decided to stick with my CAG ways....

Thanks OP. This is one game I've been looking forward to for a long time.
Still hope amazon matches and that black bundle is offered.

[quote name='icedrake523']It's been confirmed that there won't be a monthly fee here in the US.

I ordered one. $50-$33 GC comes out to $16.xx OOP. Not really sure I really want it for $50 but I figure better to place it now and I can always cancel later.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to where it says it will be free? I thought it was free for Europe and still undecided for the U.S.

I did a quick google search and didn't find anything. If it is in fact free, I'm in.

In for 1. Came out to $50.01 with free value shipping. I got free shipping without having to use the "SAVER" coupon... in fact, it didn't let me use any other coupon in conjunction with "LUVNU".

Thanks op.

Cool have to pick this up as I almost imported the CCP from play-asia this weekend. Since I want this game it works out great. Thanks OP!

I can't decide. I have a $10 gift certificate on amazon for preordering FF13 I was going to use for MH, yet the CC Pro retails for $20 so this is more for the money. I've played the demo and the Remote+Nunchuck combination works fine, but I want the CCPro for other reasons.

$40 game by itself, or $50 game with CCPro. Hmmmmm

I wish capcom would just come out and say if this was free online or not. I'll wait for MH3 to go on sale if it's not free online. Then again, I can always cancel my preorder right?
[quote name='icedrake523']It's been confirmed that there won't be a monthly fee here in the US.[/QUOTE]Can you provide the source for this?

As far as I'm aware it's been talked about, but nothing official from capcom. This goes for both the US and Europe.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Anybody know if it's the black CCPro or the white one?[/QUOTE]

It's black on the Gamestop site.

Thanks for the heads-up. I think I'll wait to see if Amazon or Best Buy have a better offer closer to release (not a fan of Gamestop).

bread's done
Back